Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 3rd May 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 3, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

CD805780-1BDC-4426-A187-F7E8A5A822B3.jpeg

This month’s Roadmap is a bit of a monster, providing updates on Spirit of Steam, Bakerloo timetable improvements, the DB BR 187, Creator’s Club logo decals, and much more!

Read More: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-3-may-2022

Stream:

If you missed it, the stream is here (handy timestamps below):

Timestamps:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 34
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Looking good

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Well, someones had fun...

• Like Like x 20
  4. CowBoyWolf

Well atleast the outcome will be good

5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Ah man, Spirit of Steam is looking amazing now more than ever (100% day one for sure). Though I'm not sure about the next US route however at this point, but guess I'll have to wait and see what it is later on then.
    (And nice on adding UP Logos to the decals list, by the way :))

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Finally they are adding the full bakerloo timetable in the game. It only took them 2 years...

• Like Like x 10
  7. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Finally, after two years of waiting, it's happening! The Bakerloo Line is finally getting it's timetable update, with more than 600+ services! Really looking forward to seeing what that number consists of (and let me guess, did Joe work on this one by any chance?).

• Like Like x 7
  8. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Bingo!

• Like Like x 35
  9. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Those steam choo choos are looking absolutely stunning.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

more than 600 services added to Bakerloo? Thats amazing!! Though I hoped for at least the smallest hint on the German route today...

• Like Like x 6
  11. CowBoyWolf

Well you can tell by the message below

12. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

a little thing to work on, the smoke is way to big if its comes out of the train. Hopefully we'll see improvements to that! upload_2022-5-3_16-17-9.png

On the Black 5 it comes out better, the smoke comes a little bit behind but it looks way better. The smoke particles itself look so amazing, great job DTG! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. CowBoyWolf

Also does this mean we'll going to get Dynamic dispatcher for every new route after the BKL update?

14. tallboy7648

I still don't see the point of announcing something is in development when they aren't willing to discuss further. What is so hard about announcing something when it's ready to be announced. DTG only really make U.K U.S and German routes so we can safely assume a route in those regions are being developed anyways.

• Like Like x 6
  15. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I like bakerloo even now, so very glad to see dtg managed to find a way to make the improved timetable working.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Forgot the LGV route? Yes DTG mainly will focus on Germany/UK/USA since they have the biggest knowledge of those routes and will release higher quality and realisticer gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Best Road Map in awhile. Just please don't let it be another US Freight route kinda wish you told us which route it is. I wonder if this is the route with Metro North M8 since Matt kinda teased it a bit but not going to get my hopes up. Any US Passenger Route is welcomed.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  18. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Will the new Bakerloo timetable replace the old one or be separate?

19. CowBoyWolf

Prop be Separate as with the RT timetable the original/2021 timetable

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. meridian#2659

Its probably a new one, so there will be no problems with the archievments and medals.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Not the best roadmap. But I hoped there would be a little teaser of the New German Route ...

22. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

"after Spirit of Steam has been released, we want to take some time to review the high-profile issues we’ve seen reported by the community (some of which are discussed below), and release the remaining Preservation Crew updates - so the Roadmap for the next couple of months is unlikely to move significantly in terms of Dovetail Games releases."
    I was immensely happy to read this, it demonstrates, at the very least, a special attention required by most forum members, who reported that DTG was making new DLC, with flaws, without fixes, and the others already released with numerous problems were in the queue.

I sincerely hope that this special dedication to the launched lines that have problems can give the expected result.

"Save Game"
    About the save game, I hope they manage to improve it in some way, an interesting point is that in the new German lines the PIS stop working when returning from the saved game, not to mention that in my view, as mentioned, the biggest problem with the save game is the dispatcher.

"Beta PlayStation"
    I hope that the Xbox Beta works so that it is implemented ASAP on PlayStations that also have their complications, but apparently less so than Xbox's.

"Preservation"
    For God's sake, pay more attention to LIRR, which is with the M7 without a traction engine since the launch of the new graphics engine, this line is absurdly valuable not to have due attention, I see that other relatively new lines from Germany work very well and they are with greater attention.

• Like Like x 3
  23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Not likely at this stage. We'll do some more explanation in the stream later (partly as I have no idea on the technicalities involved!)

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  24. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I hope there will be a modern UK route.

Spirit of steam looks great but if your adding decals like west coast Avanti would be nice to see the trains that use the branding in game.

• Like Like x 4
  25. meridian#2659

Nice roadmap, ill go for the stream today.

A question im asking my self since a while: What happen to loco dlcs?

26. F-Block

F-Block Well-Known Member

This is a technical question for Matt regarding the mounting system:
    What is the differentiating factor for what the game sees as mountable?

If it really just looks for pak-files and then displays the name with the “TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-“ removed at the front like it was with the incompatible DLC dialog then it would be fine, but not very user friendly (see HRR being called “NorthRhineMainLine”), but if it uses something different like the .dlc file or ContentManifest it would kill most mods out there right now. I know it’s not DTG's task to test modding as it is not an official thing by definition, still I think the modding community is significant factor for TSW 2 and it should not be lost just like that.

• Like Like x 4
  27. tallboy7648

I agree. LIRR has been in a bad state for 2 years now and they really need to fix the propulsion sounds on the M7. The fact that's it's been an issue for this long is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 9
  28. CowBoyWolf

LIRR is there if you're not blind upload_2022-5-3_16-34-24.png

• Like Like x 5
  29. DTG JD

Agreed. We recently picked up the Avanti license, so whilst we wouldn't have made a decision about using it in a route yet, we can provide it within Creators Club at this stage.

• Like Like x 18
  30. tallboy7648

Yeh but nobody at dtg has even said if they will fix the Lirr M7 propulsion sounds as part of the lirr preservation update. Every time this issue is raised, we get no response. All it takes is a simple yes or no.

31. CowBoyWolf

Ask during the Stream today

32. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Indeed this Roadmap is quite interesting ! I dont like Bakerloo but im happy a base game line will receive this kind of update and for all those who enjoy it. 600 services ! Maybe there is hope for LIRR ?

For SoS i m not into steam that much but still it s interesting ! I really hope it will be day 1 good product. DTG please dont release a buggy route !

For other news lets wait to night. Will définitly try to assis to the show.

33. SubwayRailfanner

Well they got new sounds now from the M7A hopefully LIRR version gets it.

• Like Like x 4
  34. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Something I find interesting regarding this roadmap is the fact that in the preservation crew part, it now specifies how the big upcoming update for that route is going to be, in a scale of either tiny, small, medium, large or huge.

Routes that are getting tiny updates include LGV, Cathcart Circle, Hamburg-Lübeck & West Somerset

Routes that are getting slightly bigger, but still relatively small updates include the likes of Long Island and the Bakerloo Line (which the later, considering it's 600+ timetable update it's supposedly getting, I find rather surprising)

Then you have medium size updates for the likes of Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, Rapid Transit, Northern Trans-Pennine and Rhein-Ruhr Osten.

Going onto some of the bigger size updates, you have large size updates for both Ruhr-Sieg Nord & Great Western Express.

But probably the most noteworthy ones are the routes listed as getting a huge update, which right now, the routes getting those updates are Penn Corridor and Oakville Subdivision. I'm really intrigued to see what these routes are getting update wise. I know it's rumoured that Oakville Sub is getting Go Transit services using the Caltrain Baby Bullet as a sub (don't know if that's still the plan), but for Penn Corridor, right now, I think that route is getting PIS boards on the station platforms, but I'm intrigued to see what else has been done to that route in order for it to labelled as a huge update (same goes for OSD).

• Like Like x 3
  35. tallboy7648

I've been asking on threads about the topic for months. Some have literally said they don't play lirr because of this issue. I've even asked during recent roadmap streams and there is no response. Me asking is like punching a brick wall at this point.

36. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Still no loco DLC:s for existing routes :(

• Like Like x 6
  37. tallboy7648

Probably because there are currently no plans.

38. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Getting overly excited for the upcoming Spirit Of Steam!!! But what new US Route could be? Maybe something from one of the BNSF territories since now DTG get the global license for BNSF stuff? Let's speculate guys!!!

39. DTG JD

Worth noting we may refine these definitions. I'll ask Adam on the stream tonight what constitutes each size in a bit more detail, but it'll be down to the amount of work gone into it as well as additional feature set, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  40. tallboy7648

Another incomplete/rushed non full line passenger route in the northeast United States :)

• Like Like x 7
  41. tcmikaelsouza

I'm not blind, but note that LIRR has a lower weight of visibility and work than German routes that apparently work normally, which in my view, don't need as much work, or greater visibility than LIRR, which has this problem with the M7, as well as others that people keep commenting on.

I think you didn't read what I wrote earlier, but I'll reiterate here and I don't need to call anyone blind for this, hugs.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Sounds really good

43. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

^ I would also like Matt to comment or touch on this in the stream if possible. As it states this is coming for all platforms I hope this does not impact PC Modding, even though I do know DTG does not officially support modding it would be a massive loss for TSW2 if this was to happen. Hopefully some testing can be undertaken prior to its role out.

• Like Like x 3
  44. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Well they weren't kidding, this one's quite the meaty update indeed! I'm pleased to hear about things such as the PS5 DLC limit fix, Bakerloo timetable updates, and the new Spirit of Steam teaser! There's a decent amount of things to talk about with each of these subjects, but as always the most important thing is to get these fixes out and into the hands of the players within a timely manner (and bug-free, of course!) :)

• Like Like x 1
  45. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Probably the best roadmap in the last 2 years for me.
    Thanks. :love:

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

I am hoping that the updated Bakerloo timetable won't cause memory crashes bur let's face it I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened. It would probably take another two years to resolve that if it happened. This is Dovetail Games after all

47. SubwayRailfanner

It's there but it's a small update so I would imagine it's not going to fix or replace sounds.

48. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I know and It's exactly what makes me sad. We have lots of routes without any single loco DLC. I was hoping for at least one DLC for Boston, also for Thameslink.

• Like Like x 5
  49. tcmikaelsouza

It is important to point out that this change to a monthly roadmap instead of biweekly has brought more robust content, and will certainly bring more in the next ones, with this focus on fixing the most chaotic problems in the game, it has everything to make the game even better than it already is. without these problems.

50. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Any "hints" as to whether the new US route is freight or commuter, modern or historic?