Watching From The Outside

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I gave up on TSW2 months ago and stated why at the time, I still watch the “sorry we will learn in the future and must do better” road map videos on you tube and still read unhappy letters here from the community, potentially TSW2 could have been one of the very best simulation experiences on the market but it hit the buffers long ago, now other companies are using Unreal 5 to make games going forward, NOW gen players will want and expect DTG to “get on board” and deliver a now gen experience with significant improvements to testing, quality control and all round polish over the very rough around the edges product TSW2 is today

If going forward DTG delivers a quality now gen product then I could return but nothing in todays last gen product would bring me back and I still feel my original decision to move on months ago was the right decision but I genuinely hope I can happily return one day in the future but DTG drastically needs to up its game and ethics and put paying customers needs and expectations first, players/customers patience and loyalty to DTG is commendable but if DTG had real competition they might not still be about today in my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh, but I really don’t get the point of these types of posts. Don’t act like giving up on the game is some sort of achievement that deserves respect and attention. Literally no one cares. It just comes across as a cry for attention because you didn’t get a goodbye party when you left the community.
    Besides, DTG’s course has really changed significantly over the past few weeks. They’re holding off on new DLC releases after Spirit of Steam in order to improve the game and fix many core issues. They’re also recruiting new people in areas where problems have arisen in the past. They’re really trying to listen the community’s concerns and putting the health of the game over more DLC releases and profits. So to go out there and publicly say that nothing has changed and your decision to abandon the game was right is just very ignorant and short-sighted.
    I generally think the mood in the forums has improved over the past few weeks, so seeing these types of pointless and unwarranted whiny posts is just very sad.

• Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

In one way I agree with you, but what these posts CAN do is remind people (ie DTG) why there is discontent and the level of it.

I disagree with the OP saying that DTG need to jump to UE5. What other studios are doing has little bearing on what DTG should or can do. Yes UE5 is the shiny new toy, but then shiny new toys can (and often do) break. Get things sorted on what is an established and accomplished platform in UE4.26 rather than jumping because you CAN jump

• Like Like x 3
  4. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Samo1 has a good point and well made, he is also entitled to make his comment, even if he stops playing or leaves the group. It should or hopefully does, show DTG why people are leaving and what they need to up their game. I now only play the DLC I have and will buy no more until the DLC is reported as better continually, than it has been in the last year or more.

DTG "May" and might "I" say "May" have changed by what they have said. The proof will be if these words turn into "Actual" things and not just so much seemingly placating "hot air" as in the past.

I hope the changes come and that we the users see vast improvements in the rest of this year.

Yes posts that seem Negative and Whiny to some, do not seem good in the group, but then we are dealing with peoples actually perceived feelings to what has happened to them. Also their hard earned cash being spent on things that do not give good value to them.

Nice positive and uplifting posts would be great, lets hope they do come in the next months ahead.

I can only hope.

As a saying goes "History repeats itself, Has to, no body listens"

• Like Like x 4
  5. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

DTG said and repeated in a post above that after Spirit Of Steam they would hold off on new routes to deal with the long list of issues. Strange then that they announced last night that work had commenced on a new route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I understand from a business perspective DTG’s ideology is quantity of DLC’s over quality of product, great for the company, crap for the consumer, every community member has the right to vote with the wallet if that is acceptable or not especially knowing bugs and glitches that are not *critical* take an eternity to come out because they simply join the queue

When DTG’s understands and respects their consumer base better I might consider buying back into the experience but they really need to get their crap together and polish what they have already done and been PAID for before putting out the next half baked route that will also need fixing further down the track

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

LOL. I gave up on the game and it feels good! No more will I spend my money on below-par products that take years to get fixed (if at all).

I "left the community" and feel a sense of achievement much like being safely on a lifeboat looking back at people like you still on the Titanic and feeling all smug that you are listening to some quality music from that band stubbornly playing away on the ever increasingly tilted deck.

Icebergs have that effect on doomed ships.

It is apparently you that is too short-sighted and stupid to NOT realise that any change at DTG has been because they realise people en masse are abandoning their sinking ship.

[edit by Protagonist - name calling]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. ARuscoe

So you've abandoned your mobile phone, windows, Mac, Linux and your car?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

WTF are you waffling on about? My current phone works perfectly. All the phones I have ever owned worked as advertised. Heck even the old Nokia thing I had over twenty years ago worked exactly as it was supposed to and still does.

I started using MS-Dos and remember Windows 3.1 and both worked really well. Newer versions genearlly were improvements (Vista not included). The vast majority of business on planet Earth use Windows so any serious problems with it would have crippled the economy and led to the biggest scandal in decades. Has that happened?

I don't use Apple computers or phones as I think they are hyped up and ridiculously overpriced. I did have some iPods and thought they were really good at the time.

Linux is generally FREE so any problems during development can be excused. If TSW was free I would not feel so bad about the dreadful state of many of the products.

I have owned various cars over the years and they have all run as they were supposed to with an amazing level of reliability.

Honestly WTF are you on about? In your desperation to defend DTG you are making yourself seem really silly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

If you have anything based on AppleOS or Android there are ongoing bugs that have been there for years...
    Windows has security holes in it since DOS days
    Free doesn't excuse anything
    And I don't see where I defended DTG. If you look back on my six years of posts you would see that

But by those terms you've just defended just about every bug ridden hole filled piece of software that's been mass produced, so I guess you need to get back to your delusions

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

I have an Android phone and those "ongoing bugs" have no effect on my usage which is why I am more than happy with it.

Windows security issues are being constantly addressed by MS and have never caused a single problem to me.

The price of something does alter your expectation of a product. Given thet TSW is by far the most expensive software title I have on my PS4 I want value for money. If I pay BMW M3 money I don't want a Reliant Robin.

The only person here defending expensive bug-ridden to the point of unusable software is YOU.

Anyway, I'll check back later coz I've got to go out now. Unlike you I have better things to do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

CML bugs have no impact on my usage, I complete runs on it all the time. Don't play german or US routes so that's OK then, right?

Well good for you. I have known plenty of network engineers that would disagree

No, it alters YOUR expectation of a product. I expect things which are provided to work whether I paid for them or not.

Not defending anything. You're using straw man tactics by saying someone not agreeing with you is obviously defending something else.
    And I am doing things to. Try multitasking and hopefully don't get it as wrong as you are this "discussion"

13. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Calm down guys before this post gets locked. This is degenerating into slanging match.

• Like Like x 1
  14. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

The only thing i will say on this plainly dumb saga of a thread is if the folks that claiming they have abandoned the game and feel so liberated for doing it, why haven't they just moved on with life, what's the big idea of making a big song and drama about it, are they that blind and can't see it just showing themselves to be massive attention seeking muppets..........

• Like Like x 4
  15. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

So sez the poster that's making a big song and drama about something for attention seeking.

Why can't you guys let people say what they want to say without being glorified internet hall monitors? You don't like it? Move on and go be happy. So tired of everyone trying to police everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Too late.

We readily accept criticism when it is warranted and will defend those who are critical of the game providing they go about it the right way. This is not the right way to do it. Those who have stopped playing but keep checking in are still members of this community (otherwise they wouldn't be back) and have a right to their say. They stick around for the same reason as everyday posters - they want the game to be great. Their stopping playing is an indication that the frustration they get has outweighed the enjoyment, and where that line is will be different for every single player.

As much as we'd be thrilled if every player was deliriously happy with the game it's an impossible goal, that's not to paint anyone as unreasonable - our misses are well documented, well commented on and are on the "to be addressed" list. Some players will believe it when we say they'll be addressed, others don't have that same level of confidence. Again, this will be different for every player. Where we've hit major problems are frequently very quick to get into, a total headache to then rectify. Doesn't make it any less irksome for a player, nor does it excuse the presence of such problems, but they happen and we're no more happy about that than you are.

The team at DTG justifiably take pride in their work. We hit well above our weight in many areas (given the size of the studio) but that just makes any shortcomings more evident. You already know where we're stronger and where we're not. We're putting in considerable effort to ironing out those inconsistencies, but nothing happens fast, and none of this changes your view of where the game is right now. Until the situation changes for players, nothing has changed regardless of what happens behind the scenes.

The rule on this forum remains the same as ever. If you have an issue with the game tell us. We're listening. Chances are we're already working on it. What you don't get to do is sink to name-calling because someone's opinion is different to your own.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.