Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 3rd May 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 3, 2022.

1. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I wasnt either excited by steam. But i may find some good feeli'gs in this old route. Plus the technicity of a steam train may be a challenge. Like an old and capricious but mighty car that need skill vs nowdays electric boring cars...(im looking at you electrostar !)

And maybe we will be able to bring diesels someday ?

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well that's a shame as with SoS imminent, it's needed more than ever so we can do our own substitutions and railtours on the other UK or even overseas routes with the Jub and 8F.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Personally I'll wait until I see what the community says when they get their hands on it before I even start considering it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sziabalu

Sziabalu New Member

I wish I could read the caption under youtube again. Not available for a long time. Thanks

5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

These are all auto-generated captions, so I'm not sure why they're not showing up (we haven't chopped the start off the videos with the countdowns for specifically this reason).

6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

The subtitles are important for me, as I am not native in English, I use the translated subtitles to understand what you say, but it disappoints me that the subtitles are not available in the recorded live, live are not available, would you be able to see this for us DTG JD?

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The caps are auto generated not Hand generated so blame youtube

8. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

The new US route, - in my opinion - could be the one I have mentioned and suggested several times here:

"The Racetrack"!

It is a triple track route from Chicago to Aurora in Illinois. Around 50 km long.

This route it has BNSF freight trains + Metra passenger ones (Chicago commuter one)!

So it will be a great one for the TSW 2 launch of BNSF!

Even could be a kind of "Rush Hour", due to it has lot of traffic, mainly -as usual - when most people goes to work and come back

So fans of US freight trains, it will have another route, but with a new an very important company as BNSF.
    If you like more passenger ones, you will have Metra services.

For DTG point of view:

> BNSF locomotives could be repaints - just including some (small I believe) modifications for this company - of the already developed GE AC4400W or GE ES44AC, or could even include the latest one: the T4.
    It would be great if also the SD70ACE on BNSF colors be included too!

> Metra trains: It has the EMD F40PH locomotive and the same double decker passenger wagons as Peninsula Corridor, plus the cab car.
    Surely some small modifications of them could be necessary too.

Then it will be the first US route with both passenger and freight trains (big ones! - as PC it has just small freight services, but not on the full route length like this one)

So I believe it will be very interesting!.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

No Metra license afaik. Shame as the TS version is pretty good.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Scenario Editor 2.0 and Livery Designer 2.0 have been back-burnered but are not dead. Back when Creators Club was announced, Matt (IIRC) said that they were going to get CC up and running, and gather community feedback, before they monkeyed with the routines shared on it. They're at present off the Roadmap because nobody is actively developing them, but they will be. However, based on other statements, I doubt anything will be done until after the SoS core update.

11. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Automatically translated subtitles work fine for me. I've been able to enjoy many videos thanks to that since you don't cut the countdown.
    Screenshot of yesterday's video:
    IMG_20220504_171730.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG JD

Thanks for confirming they're there! Was worried for a second.

• Like Like x 1
  13. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

You are welcome! It's the least I can do after all the times I bothered you asking for a solution to make the subtitles appear :)

In case anyone doesn't know, I also want to say that if you want to watch the videos on a mobile device, the only way these subtitles will appear is in a browser and under your desktop version. You can't see them in the YouTube app and you can't see them in the mobile version of the browser either.

I watch them on my mobile phone or tablet in Google Chrome and since you fixed it I haven't had any problems with any video. But I repeat that you have to select the desktop version in the browser settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. chris#5696

chris#5696 New Member

Will the BR 425 have LZB implemented ?

15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I think I got it wrong.

In the recorded lives, the subtitles are available, however during the live they are not available, only after they are finished and saved to watch later, as in the example of the colleague.

16. argh.bailey

argh.bailey Active Member

Very happy to hear that so much work has been put into the GWE 166, a pleasant surprise. I don't think it was mentioned on the stream but can anyone confirm if this will address the very low eye height in the cab view? It would be a shame to have all this great work done but then still stare impossibly through rain drops 2-3 inches below where the wipers cover. That said, doing a run while standing so I could see, was unexpectedly hilarious but got tedious very quickly.

• Like Like x 4
  17. grdaniel48

Yes that is right.
    But DTG could get it, as more rail companies are being providing their license to them, or if in this case is not possible then, will be BNSF freight only route at launch time.
    Hopes Metra provides their license later as a route improvement.

If not, then a really nice route for BNSF will be Cajon Pass!
    Even considering on several areas the route is close to UP ones, which is already available on TSW2.
    But if this "direct competition - does not like to BNSF, then there are other famous own routes, like Maria Pass, Tehachapi Pass, or Seligman.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CowBoyWolf

Thats the point tho since youtube tries to auto translate an vid/live after its been released

19. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Excuse me but for the next German dlc be a passenger or freight route? Will it be a new route or an addition? And the db br 420 for Hauptstrecke München-Ausburg please ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

There will be no new information on the New German & US routes for the next month or 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I was a bit busy over the past few days and only just got around to watching the stream. Lots of interesting stuff in there. Excited about the great progress steam is making as well as - especially - Joe‘s new Bakerloo timetable, as it’s one of my favorite routes.

There is something else I‘ve got a question/request about, though. During the preservation crew segment of the stream, TrainSim-Adam very clearly had a document listing all the upgrades each route would receive in front of him. However, he only shared the work that has been done on 2-3 routes (which is understandable because of time constraints). Could DTG share the document so we could see the updates routes that haven’t been talked about (like RRO for example) will receive? Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  22. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Ah okay thank you. I thought I missed a passage on the subject in the live youtube

23. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

The roadmap was interesting, maybe I'm hearing things that weren't said but did I understand it correctly that there will be a cooldown period for new route releases? Like many months (multiple roadmaps)?

24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The Racetrack would be an excellent route... for later. Considering there is usually only one new loco in a DLC you have a lot of things you would miss now (Chargers, P42s, rebuilt F40s, BNSF mainline locos, BNSF Geeps,...). I think this is kind of a Dresden-Riesa thing where we need a couple more routes to introduce more locos and Racetrack should then be the culmination of it all.

• Like Like x 2
  25. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Nothing on that side. It is in the early stages of development. Due DTG won't work on 1st party dlc's after SoS for a month, they won't work on the route so we need to wait bit longer for the announcement...

26. tibomatthijs

Indeed that's a nice touch! Also the fireman moves in the SoS trailer which is amazing to see those starting to move and do things!

27. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I was playing journey mode recently in Chapter 4 on GWE. You have a number of service in the snow and ice and it's basically impossible to see while driving as the windscreen is iced over while your eye level is below where the winder wiper clears. It's really need to be looked at imo. I know they adjusted the eye level of the 465 on SEHS after community feedback but it is still a tab too low.

28. DTG JD

It's unlikely there will be more information on the routes currently on the Roadmap for the next couple of months whilst we focus on Spirit of Steam, Preservation Crew updates, and the improvements we mentioned on the Roadmap article/stream.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  29. antwerpcentral

Music to my ears!

• Like Like x 2
  30. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I would of thought releasing the preservation crew updates would serve the community better rather than having to wait for SOS. There is going to be a big gap for routes DTG have said and even a bigger one for a UK route if you don't care for steam.

Makes me laugh when they say 'We want to get it right' and 9/10 they balls it up like the core update and Rush Hour for many still.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

In fairness the gap waited for a steam route at all is quite a bit longer than the modern UK gap ;)

32. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I want to belive. Last roadmaps showed they aknowledge problems. They seems commited to fix em. Let be optimistic !
    I really think they cant rush SOS as this can bring thé steam community to TSW... or definitly screw them of.

33. solicitr

Matt addressed this. Because there will be a big core update associated with SoS, they want to test the Pres Cr upgrades under the new system and make sure that one set of updates doesn't break the other before they release either. This is very much part of "getting it right."

• Like Like x 7
  34. grdaniel48

Monder thanks for your reply.

But you are considering the route, must have all the trains that are running there on real life.
    This does not happens on new DLCs launchs.

For example Sherman Hill AND Horseshoe Curve only have 2 models of US freight locomotives of both UP and NS.
    But on real world all models are running there.

Furthermore Koln Aachen was launched only with the ICE and the Talent!
    But lot of others passenger and freight trains runs there.
    Same for other routes

Of course I know if you own others DLC which are "compatible" with that route, you have them included to select them for timetable mode.

Then for the Racetrack - as I mentioned - could be included the UP SD70ACE and / or a GE ES44AC or AC4400W, plus a smaller one like the SD40.
    I know that route also have Amtrak Services for the California Zephyr and Southwest Chief.
    But this train can not be included, due to the situation mentioned above, about how DTG creates the route, not including all the trains running there. Which is reasonable due to it will be more complicated for them, due to extra time for developing / testing and for performance point of view.

So I believe my proposal of heavy UP Freight trains, plus Metra service - if they got the license - will be enough for being an entertaining route, as they have most of the traffic there.

35. grdaniel48

Talking about the Roadmap, but specifically about the BR 187 update, to fix things that were not right on the launch + previous small update... Please do not forget to fix the front small handles, which are always red!
    They are Ok for the DB paint scheme, but not for repaints made with the Livery Manager!
    Furthermore, there are some nice repaints on the Creator's Club, which have other colors, but those handles are still red, which looks bad!

DB BR 187 - HANDLES.jpg

Another issue is the numbers of the locomotive, which are untidy.
    The model ones are lighter, but the proper locomotive number are darker
    Further more on these last 3 numbers, the distance between the 3 numbers is not the same!

DB BR 187 - NUMBERS.jpg

So that does not look nice.
    I believe this happens only on this locomotive!

Hopes Skyhook fixes it too!

I agree what was mentioned on the streaming by James, about the update for this locomotive must be done on 2 steps:

- First: fix the safety systems and AFB issues, and then make a first update to download.

- Second: the proper audio for this locomotive.
    Which will require more time, will be better to be released on a second update later.

About the 2 "fixes" I mentioned above, if they can be included on the first one will be nice.
    This does not might take much time, as it is just small paint issues.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  36. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Well if it's up in the air...

Can we t be a classic passenger route? It would be something different, and with as much of the links nocked out for steam, maybe a 4-6-6T.

37. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

So any guesses on how much of a price increase this Spirit of Steam DLC will be.

I'm pretty sure with this break in DLC, little new money coming in and with all the resources dedicated to this route it will be more than the standard price.

I wouldn't be surprised if they raise all future DLC as well with the way inflation is all over the world.

38. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Sos was a ton of work, the approach of going into heavy research to create a place 60 years ago is definetly the right thing instead of rushing something inaccurate. On top getting those informations & bits is extremly time consuming. You literally need to read books and go from picture to picture.

So a higher price for past era routes would be fair. I prefere to pay more to get that kind of quality.
    Same with the other dlcs, they improved in features so a higher price of those would be ok too for me.

So many dlcs, where "time is up" was a reason to cut branches, plans etc. For a 30 euro route this circle will go on. How can it be that ts routes/dlcs are more expensive than the ones for tsw.

I expect every dev to go the extra mile, but not for free.

39. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

And fix the headlight setting so that the correct lower elements are lit and not the top in normal running mode. Just look at a picture or youtube and anyone can see the correct headlight setting.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Sziabalu

Sziabalu New Member

[​IMG]

caption not available inactive. it still worked before about 2 "roadmaps"

Attached Files:

41. CowBoyWolf

Wrong place to report also it takes sometimes about 24 hours

42. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

It's a whole new timetable

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. antwerpcentral

The break can lead to sales being generated from the preservation crew updates. Still waiting for an update for some routes that I still need to buy. Maybe some expansion packs. They probably figured out a plan. If TSW2 has no sales in the coming months but sells double the amount afterwards because a better product will sell better it was worth the investment.

44. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Let me just first say, a really positive development regarding Bakerloo - such a route should only have ever been developed in the first place if it was going to be anywhere near realistic service frequency wise, so 600+ services is very welcome. I'm also glad to see some progress regarding the console beta and Xbox audio.

Positives aside, this is my personal view, but I'm frustrated that the roadmap is unlikely to move significantly in the coming months regarding first-party releases. Thus, I was hoping (and hope for the next couple of roadmaps) for info on more third-party releases - routes and loco DLC especially - which are much-needed. For me, the roadmap used to be great as a way to keep track of what was coming (bringing some excitement too), but I have to echo other people's views that adding vague info for a 'US' or 'German' route seems a bit pointless - if the roadmap was still fortnightly, fair enough, but now we wait longer at every month for almost no extra info, it seems illogical.

Fixes and/or upgrades are very important, yes (especially rectifying frequent game crashes which are totally unacceptable), but TSW 2 does really need to strike a better balance when it comes to releasing more first-party content - that's the point of a video game, right? - to keep both a wider audience, and their most dedicated players engaged. I just don't understand the logic of not even having loco DLCs, especially if there's going to be a lack of routes in comparison to years gone by, then at least give us some new locos to keep existing routes we have fresher!

Additionally, I do not agree in having such resources dedicated to one specific route/era (Spirit of Steam). Yes, I know it's a big task for obvious reasons, but I could only imagine the backlash by some if just a modern route, say Rush Hour, or more specifically London Commuter or Dresden by comparison had, for the most part, just been worked on similar to what SOS is now without much other content.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Sziabalu

Sziabalu New Member

sorry now i see i already have to wait several days for the translation. I'm sorry to bother you. I wanted too soon. It works. I apologize again

46. solicitr

The thing is, one-route-at-a-time has always been the way DTG worked on TSW, until late last year when they were able to develop Sherman Hill and Chemnitz in parallel. The three Rush Hour routes were developed sequentially, not simultaneously. So having everyone working on Liverpool-Crewe is nothing new. What is new is the decision to work on nothing new after that for a month or so, - the very "quality stand-down" which so many on these boards have been clamoring for.

IT seems DTG can't win; they are assailed for pushing quantity over quality; but when they do as they have done then they get moaning over no new content.

• Like Like x 1
  47. grdaniel48

Fitz... you are right!
    I forgot to mention that one too.
    Thanks about it.

Hopes DTG noticed these comments about all the issues of the great DB BR187!

48. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Yes, while the one-route-at-a-time progression may have previously been the case, there is still a lot less content than previous - I mean what's the reason for the now lack of loco DLC? Plus, regarding core routes, the last UK-based first-party route was London Commuter.

Additionally, what I feel is adding to this perceived lack of DLC is a clear roadmap of planned DLCs - not knowing what, or even if, is to be expected is highly frustrating. I know there was backlash over the lengthy release of the 313, but my opinion is that the current roadmap format is not great, having a lack of info overall, plus the vague detail does contribute to the feel of a baron spell of releases.

Just to be clear, I'm not moaning, just expressing my opinion. As I've said above, a fine balance needs to be worked out. Obviously, being realistic, there's never going to be agreement by everyone unfortunately.

My concern though is how long do they focus on just fixing bugs which, quite rightly, should never-ever had made it to release in the first place, with more periods of no releases to sort these issues out; if more new routes are the same, it becomes a vicious cycle of then bug fixing - and how realistically are all going to be sorted without newer bugs appearing too. While I want all these issues with bugs sorted out the same as everyone else, the game, without doubt, still needs new content to keep it fresh and the audience engaged - obviously better quality control is needed though. It's a difficult situation!

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  49. tibomatthijs

In the RSN & TSC discord servers there was told it would be an passenger only diesel route without dosto's(DMU, diesel freight loc & V60 shunter). No more news on that only that the people that worked on DRA & DCZ (Lucas & Ed) are working on that route, not sure about TSG.

Regarding the BR 420 for HMA, its getting along very well (was told in the roadmap from April with some screenshots), have a look to that roadmap to get more info about it :)

• Like Like x 4
  50. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Something Sam said in that stream seemed to not tally. First he said how wonderful it was to work at DTG then he said DTG had lost a number of QA testers to Team 17?

Not saying the two are related but just seemed odd.

• Like Like x 1