What's A Route You'd Like To See In Tsw2 More Than Anything That Has Never Been Made?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NSMotherSlug#881, Apr 16, 2022.

1. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

I honestly want to see older units and routes be made as of a 1950's version of The Great Lehigh Valley Railroad in Allentown Pennsylvania is my pick.

The Lehigh Valley was a railroading paradise 5 Major different railroads all came together at one point on a Bridge crossing the Delaware River in Easton PA.

These Major Railroads that all met were
    1. Lehigh Valley
    2. Central of New Jersey
    3. Lehigh & Hudson
    4. Pennsylvania & Delaware
    5. Lackawanna & Western

Which later all 5 Railroads became better known as Conrail on April 1st, 1976, that used the old LV mainline up till 1999 when NS Norfolk Southern took over.

f962eaa58a7c2af38de2580060a11a4d.jpg
    Picture of a LV FA/B-1s sitting at the Bethlehem Passenger Station, picture was taken looking East down River towards Americans Most Famous Steel Factory Bethlehem Steel most known for some of these known builds, the 2 Towers that hold up the Golden Gate Bridge up, the frame of the Chrysler Building in NYC & the last Battleship ever made in the United States the USS Missouri are all Bethlehem Steel made along with other made objects. This picture was taken from the Hill to Hill Road Bridge that crosses the LV tracks then to the left of the tree line the Lehigh River and then left of the river the CNJ tracks.

OIP.jpg

Picture of the Old Lehigh Valley Heavy Hump Yard looking East of Allentown mid 50's, As the left side of the picture is CNJ Classification Yard & Hump that's located upper left side in picture. You can see in this picture the split of both yards by the Service Road up the middle. This Hump Classification yard later became Conrail & is Now owned and Operated by NS Norfolk Southern.

tumblr_ogn4kx894r1tm4ahpo1_640.jpg

Picture of CNJ 4-6-2 Locomotive better known as the Blue Comet sitting at the CNJ Station in Allentown PA near W Hamilton St & S 3rd St. Station is still there today and in great shape which was built in 1890.The Lehigh Valley Station is to the Left of the CNJ station Tower across the bridge which was torn down 1972

R (1).jpg

Front of Allentown's Double Hump Classification Yard sometime in 70's

LVRR 1938.jpg

Lehigh Valley Trackage with Allentown in the background most noticeable tower here is the Fuel Bin a Large Gas Holder right side of picture built 1928 removed in 1991. You can just make out the CNJ station tower and the LV station in the background.

• Like Like x 5
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As I said already on other threads. Any italian non-high speed route. I think our trains and safety systems are "unique" enough while not being alien, it would be a really fun experience.

I love switzerland but you can tell it's very German-ish, same would go for Austria.

TBH even non high speed France or Spain would be great, but as an Italian I have to root for Italy :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

A fully functioning dispatcher / signalling system

• Like Like x 14
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

A route where all timetable services and scenarios can be completed without have to resort to workarounds.

• Like Like x 7
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Something scandinavian would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see either the Metropolitan Line or Piccadilly Line. Preferably the Piccadilly as Metropolitan is in TS and is an excellent route.

Maybe Just Trains will bring it to TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see the route between Ashford and Ramsgate as it's my home route. Somebody did Dover to Folkestone in TS but not very well so I'd love to see the whole thing done properly.

Also, the Marshlink Line (which I am actually working on in TS) would be fun, especially as an extension to East Coastway.

8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Something with trenord would be nice:
    20200719_175502.jpg Screenshot_20220416-152331_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This has a danger of turning into a wish list, but if there was something I’d really like to see in TSW that is totally different to anything else, then it would be part of the old Yugoslavian narrow gauge.
    Either the line down from Capiljana to Dubrovnik, Gostivar to Ohrid (where it took 16 hours to travel 170km) or the Steinbeis network around Drvar and Srnetica.

JZ 76cm page 1 (penmorfa.com)
    Steinbeis line (penmorfa.com)
    Ohrid line (penmorfa.com)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

International routes Germany to Belgium and the Netherlands using existing Stations as the start point. Examples are HRR Duisburg Hbf and Mülheim Styrum for the Hollandstrecke Duisburg Amsterdam Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Aachen Hbf being the starting point for L37 Liège Aachen. Own the International route with the Domestic routes being HRR and for TSW2 base game owners Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen you might find an International Freight Train being followed by a Domestic route train.
    HRR has a Bochum Ehrenfeld Gbf to Zevenaar Netherlands freight being followed by S3 to Oberhausen Hbf. SKA SNCB NMBS HLD77 7771-7871 HLE 28 Future HLE17 Traxx MS3 right behind RE9 DB BR442. If you have a retro train you will find SNCB NMBS HLE18 Alstom HLE16 parked at Aachen Rothe Erde waiting for a Vintage German railtour locomotive change. HRR connected International route HDA (Hollandstrecke Duisburg Amsterdam) Sidings at Arnhem Centraal has a NS1500 UK Class 77 Woodhead Tunnel locomotive NS1200 NS1100 vintage electric locomotive waiting for a German Railtour for a locomotive change to Amsterdam.
    For the United States NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line due to the ALP-45DP needing to change to electric mode from Newark Penn Station to New York Penn since Diesel is banned at NY Penn Station

• Like Like x 1
  11. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Anything not foreign or modern. Must be GWR (not the TOC imposter) or BR WR related.
    So plenty of scope DTG, to do something half decent for a change.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

MBta Worcester/Framingham line and Njt north Jersey coast route.

13. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

GO Transit in Toronto, Ontario, Canada would be great. Parts of their network share track with CP and/or CN, so they can include freight services too. Since it appears that TSW will never make routes longer than 60-100 kms, we could get one of the following lines:
    • Milton 50 kms
    • Richmond Hill 46 kms
    • Stouffville 50 kms
    • Lakeshore East 51 kms
    The remaining 3 lines are 101-132 kms in length... maybe they would make one?

I would also love to see anything from Japan or Korea... high speed, commuter, metro, anything.

One can dream can't he? We will see another 100 German, UK, or American freight routes before we ever see a Canadian passenger or any East Asian route in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see either the Ffestiniog or Talyllyn Railways. Welsh narrow gauge would be something a bit different :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For something different and probably get me to buy SOS (which I'm that bothered about at the mo) but this:

[​IMG]

Original Wallingford station. Sadly no longer exists although there is a smaller 'Bunk' station on the other side of town.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Miami to west palm beach

17. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

A light rail route! I bet those would be fun. Driving some electric train with fast acceleration and braking, going up high, and down low, and through the streets.

mmm… yes… the Seattle Link light rail…

18. driverwoods#1787

Boston Green Line

19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

More new UK Passenger routes such as the Avanti West Coast, and more new UK Passenger Train DLC
    More MTA Metro-North Train Addon, and Amtrak Acela HIgh Speed
    More Loco DLC, and new passenger routes that have not been done in either game yet :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

More new Realistic Train Track Sound, rumbling, bridge track sound, train going over rail and junction as well. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. OldVern

Blackpool Tramway in the 70’s or early 80’s, before the rush to fit all the trams with pantographs and certainly prior to the modernisation and Flexity era.

• Like Like x 2
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Manchester Oxford Road to Warrington Central. (Present Day)

Preferably with a Northern 156, you then have DLC opportunity in the way of EMR 156 & 158’s, as well as Northern 150/1 & 195’s. You also have the Trafford Freightliner terminal which would offer shunting & short services with the 08 & 66.

Ideally we would see the route release with the Northern 156 & the EMR 156, with the 66 & 08 layering in.

Preferably I would have this route stretch out to Liverpool Lime Street, but I think the section I’ve chosen falls more within DTG’s dev habits. You would get stopper, semi-fast & express services. Going only between Oxford Road and Warrington would also eliminate the issue of having 2 large stations devoid of realistic traffic levels.

Overall I think this would be a great route for TSW, aswell as providing Northern & EMR traffic for future DLC’s.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

What I'd really love to see (that hasn't really been done anywhere else to my knowledge) are true vintage electrics. A Milwaukee route with EF-1s and their derivates for example. A PRR route with DD1s or P5s for example. Somewhat (though not much) more realistic perhaps some slightly younger electrics like the GG1, the German E 18 or E 94.

All of that is very unrealistic but one can dream.

24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Blackpool Tramway would be fantastic and maybe on Tram Sims agenda.
    Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe via both Stockport and Manchester airport would be some exciting route.

• Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Inverclyde or Ayrshire Coast Lines in the modern era with a 380 and 314 layer.

Also a route around Berlin would be nice for German stuff. S-Bahn especially

26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This whole thread really should be moved to the Suggestions forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. ARuscoe

Since the change of title it's basically a copy of "make a suggestion"

• Like Like x 1
  28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh, let it be. Everybody wants to police the forums. Isn't that why we have moderators?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Crosstie

Getting back on topic, I'd like to see an interurban, like the Chicago - South Bend. I believe it has some street running. Sacramento Suison Bay SF is one of my favorite routes in TSC.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They have a point though. This entire thread is just basically suggestions of routes people want to see which belong in the suggestions forum since they are suggestions

• Like Like x 1
  31. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

We have moderators? Since Nat moved into her new role, this forum has the feel of a Wild West town where the sheriff has been ran out of town.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Crosstie

I could point out a number of " suggestion " threads that exist on various sub forums and haven't drawn a whimper from the rest of you. No need to be so rigid.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  33. OldVern

I think the original idea was to post something outlandish or way off the current script that DTG run their playbook to, but inevitably drew a few more conventional suggestions.

So yes it probably does belong in the Suggestions corner but not really hurting here and as noted we don't seem to have any mods about at present anyway. There is a post in another thread pretty much admitting to and condoning piracy which I've reported and probably others too but no one from DTG has done anything about it as yet.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I'm very vague here, but something with extreme weather conditions, preferably snow. Snow everywhere, the train barely recognizable, in the night, with the snowstorm so intense the headlights are barely useful - I know this might not be everyones cup of tea, but I like a challenge, and a visually stunning one even more.

• Like Like x 1
  35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Avanti West Coast Line

• Like Like x 1
  36. driverwoods#1787

Are you referring to the DB BR194 & 118. 194 does fit the Main Spessart Bahn Laufach Heigenbrücken because it was used there in the 1980s-2003 when DB BR151 took over. E94 DB BR194 has enough power and Tractive effort to get on top of Ennepetal on Rhein-Ruhr Osten.
    East german Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR designation DR BR 254.

37. NSMotherSlug#881

I disagree only because EA I mean Dovetail may read but they never talk about anyone's thread or acknowledges it. Asking them for anything is a joke!

• Like Like x 2
  38. NSMotherSlug#881

Agree but there weather effect would have to be rebuild as if you notice when it rains in game or snows its only up front to the players view screen and not in the distance as you can see in the background when it does so which makes it pointless. Weather doesn't work that way and it shouldn't in a game that's going to call itself a Simulator at the end of the day what really is being Simulated you gotta ask yourself, only think I can think of is maybe the Timetable and that's not even true either I have 2008-2018 timetable books for Sandpatch CSX and none of those runs are on the table for all 12 months. If you say Locomotives yes No as I have worked for the railroad 31 years and a lot of American railroad work in game is a lot of lies Not true to life.

39. ARuscoe

You miss the point. When the question is "WHAT would you like to see that we don't have?" the first few responses make sense.
    Then change that to "What route..." and those answers seem illogical.

So called "Dirty deleting / editing" is definitely a thing.

Had the original question been "What route..." I doubt I would have responded

40. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

41. IsambardKingdomBrunel

It asks what route never made in TSW. So there are literally thousands of options.

Another one i would like to see, is the NSW Main South, as i have a degree of interest in NSW railways.

Which comes from running Trainz and it's Australian routes.

• Like Like x 1
  42. driverwoods#1787

Which section is it you want if you want electric and Diesel you're better off doing it as NSW Main South line Sydney Central Granville Moss Vale. A B C D H K & T Sets can do the electrified City Rail section Sydney Central Granville Campbeltown. Endeavour DMU Rush Hours Sydney Central to Moss Vale outside the rush hours Campbeltown Moss Vale

43. IsambardKingdomBrunel

Prefer the southern section, no electrics. Moss Vale - Albury.
    Never going to happen with DTG, as it is more than 20 miles long.

• Like Like x 1
  44. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

An DB long-distance route with more then one destination

45. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Gotta go with my local train the Pacific Surfliner. I could play it all day and night. Now obviously not everyone will agree with me on that, but of course I'm gonna have bias towards my local train.

46. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  47. solicitr

Okay, linke Rheinstrecke, Koblenz-Bingen. Bundesbahn era, 1960s-80s.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  48. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I know there's a certain amount of facetiousness there, but Moss Vale to Albury is ~265 miles, so just a teeny bit longer than anything DTG have done in either TSC or TSW...

• Like Like x 1
  49. driverwoods#1787

50. solicitr

No point in including the rather ugly industrial section between Mainz and Frankfurt, which isn't "Rheinstrecke" anyway; and the portion from Köln to Bonn is nothing much to write home about. The really scenic part is all from Bingen north to roughly Remagen