Transfer Tsw 2020 Routes To Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, I don't know whether this question has already been asked, but how can you put the old add-ons that you bought at TSW 2020 into TSW 2? Because I often read that somehow you can do it. If that doesn't work, then I'm very angry because I bought all of my add-ons for nothing!

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

This has been answered multiple times on other threads, content will follow over from tsw 2020 in tsw 2 in syahes, keep referring to the road map to see which dlc is ready or having to wait.

Please note that NEC and its associated content will NOT be preserved.

3. Trainzdriver328

Ah ok, that means the old add-ons are "converted" to TSW 2?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Even if they were not converted into TSW2 you haven't bought them for nothing, you can still play them just fine in TSW2020?

6. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Yes, they are brought over with exception of NEC. I'm actually surprised that even GWE and Rapid Transit are coming over but happy nevertheless.

7. Trainzdriver328

Ok thank you guys for your answers!

8. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

I don't understand the exact reason NEC is exempt from this. Can someone explain that to me better? Anyway, I can still drive NEC and all other DLC in TSW2020 - which is sometimes not just a step backwards. It's not gone. But it's a shame.

9. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist went into some detail in last nights stream, the shortest answer, to save my thumbs, and your eyes, sam said that because of the way NEC was built ( im not the cleverest of people to go into full detail) basically it would be quicker to remake NEC then it would be to make it presevered. But since they dont have the time, neither are going to happen

10. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

A few addons have already been transfered! To get them into TSW 2 on playstation, first start the game. Then go to shop. The addons that you already bought will appear there for 0,00 money (€ , $ , pounds, ...). You can then click on them and simply "buy" them (for free obviously) and download them. When they finished downloading, they will automatically appear in the game.
    Every other addon except of NEC New York will be able to be transfered soon too, like the others here already said. Just keep an eye on social media of Trainsim or just check the shop ingame frequently to see when new addons where added to TSW 2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

Does this work if you have the DLCs on disk? I've got GWE & RT on disk for TSW2020, will they transfer over?

12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You might need to contact DTG support so that they can advise you on how to upgrade those routes from TSW2020 disc edition to TSW2.
    This forum post explains what to do.

Last edited: May 8, 2022