Ps5 Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheTipsyRaccoon, Mar 23, 2022.

1. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Has there been any update on this since announcing only routes will be getting them?

I recall someone suggesting DTG were getting close to hitting a cap on trophies too and since West Cornwall didn’t get any but the last three routes (including tomorrow’s) did, I’m wondering if there’s been an update?

DTG Natster perhaps you know? Or know of someone that does? Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheTipsyRaccoon

Shame I’ve been ignored, I thought DTG had turned a corner regarding not answering the questions they don’t like…

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for a response on this too, as are others. Thank you raising the direct question. Just glad I didn’t hold my breath :D hopefully soon will get a solid answer.

4. TheTipsyRaccoon

DTG JD guess I’ll tag you here too since your colleague appears to be ignoring me.

5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello, apologies for not getting to this earlier. We've had holidays in the team, and we get tagged into a few posts.

For PS5 Trophies, we'll be taking it on a route-by-route basis. Expect Horseshoe Curve and Spirit of Steam to include Trophies though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

Thank you.

7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Posted on the recent roadmap a question on this subject as feel
    1) it should be on the roadmap in my opinion
    2) there have been monthly posts through the year and back in to 2021 also and the answer we get isn’t really an answer but many still want to know
    3) as above past answers.. not really helpful

dear Sam, you have been missed on here and on the streams.. any chance you could do some digging and get us a solid answer with regards to PS DLC that missed trophies? Will they ever get them added? DTG Protagonist

PS4 set 4, has that got regular capacity like the others? PS5 bunch, works different. Is there a limit the way they are bunched here?

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I don't have a concrete answer, but I do have some idea of how to set your expectations.

In the event that trophy numbers can be increased again without issue future releases should be back to their "old" numbers in terms of the quantity available. It is less likely however that releases during this window where we're at the limit will be retro-fitted with more trophies. That's for a few reasons. The first, and obvious sticking point will be that it'll require achievements to be designed and tested for each release. Sure, it'd be cool if we did, but I can't see the case being made successfully. The second reason is that altering trophies after initial release is bound to involve rather a lot of "we'd rather you didn't" from Sony. To be fair to them, that's entirely understandable. The alternative would be games constantly rejigging their trophies which is sure to do more harm than good.

So while "never say never" I strongly suggest "assume no."

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist amazing thank you, expectations managed perfectly here. This keeps me and many others who were curious, now (mostly) content with a solid answer and honest reply too.

• Like Like x 1