Ue 5 And Train Stations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mariussoare_84, May 9, 2022.

1. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Your move, DTG!

• Like Like x 9
  2. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I'm sure modeling one station and an entire route/map could be a different story though. Otherwise nice find, I look forward to what people develop with UE5 in the future.

• Like Like x 6
  3. mariussoare_84

Agreed CrAzZyKiLLa
    Apparently the person who created this used the ¨old fashion way¨ and not nanites to showcase it can be done like that still. Nanites should make the matter simpler or at least bring an alternative method.

4. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Very impressive video, thanks for sharing. Agree with the above, ofc two different things entirely but still to see what you can do with light and shadows in a 3D scene is amazing. I wish LGV had more of that bright hot sunlight feel. Also, note how the above clip seems to avoid showing the red signals after resuming from save!? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

All that work so someone can fly past it at 125mph...

• Like Like x 1
  6. mariussoare_84

125 mph minimum considering that is Japan.

7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Imagine a cross-over game where you can either be flying past at 125mph, or working at the station, or building/repairing it, or using it as a passenger.

What is highlighted earlier in the thread is the trade-off often talked about between say MSFS and TSW re sky, clouds, small details on the ground etc. But as we get increases in computing power, these photo-realistic engines, potentially also tied to real world data, these virtual worlds will be able to be both vast and detailed with fewer and fewer compromises.

I think these small pieces are teasers for what large worlds will look like in 5-10 years time and its exciting, but I look forward to not having to own 12 different simulator games but to be able to own one large world simulation and take on whichever role I wish alongside others (or just with NPCs). Each of the different simulators would mean detailed versions of systems etc rather than one developed system and the rest as background filler. No not real world simulator (go outside) but something where I can do roles/jobs and have experiences that I can't do in real life but in a really immersiveand varied world.

Sadly although there are games which sound like this, most of them are vaporware because we just aren't at this point yet. A few promising steps in this direction are: Automation and BeamNG crossover mod, and gas station simulator where you will also be able to buy separate diner and motel simulator games and the diner and motel appear in the same game world as the gas station, loading the data from your actual saved game in either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mariussoare_84

Your idea is fantastic! A universal open world engine backed by the greatest and most capable of the industry to be used in simulation games. Like a library of assets.
    Sadly, interests and greed will tear apart the success and future of such a project...

One of the things that I find scary actually is the power consumption towards top tier graphics cards are heading to and it is not far at all. If you read about the values that have been leaked for next gen RTX 40 series they are absolutely ridiculous in a world where efficiency should be key right now.
    Maybe UE 5 comes with a fantastic optimisation meaning the increase in processing power is not that big in order to enjoy such content.

9. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

That video is amazing...I had to double take a few times to process what I was looking at wasn't real life. The amount of work it would take in rendering a single station means we will never see anything close to that in TSW2 (or TSW3 - TSW50)

10. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

There is no absolute fact, maybe the hardware of our era can't keep up with reality, but you have to know that in the future, maybe we can achieve it in the next life, but for the current DTG workload and time, it is impossible to achieve.

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Very impressive and I can see this being made for TSW 3 base route stations. Possibly Halifax Calder Valley Line

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1