Next American Route Speculation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lawjester, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Hey guys, what do you think the next route will be? Leave your thoughts down in the comments.

2. Adam Palmer

Adam Palmer Active Member

Would like it to be Amtrak's Capitol Corridor hopefully from San Jose to Roseville. Knowing DTG probably not and even if the route does get made it would probably only go from Sacramento to Oakland. Optimally Id like the route from San Jose - Roseville plus the BNSF line from Richmond-Antioch

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lawjester

Capitol Corridor would look amazing and I hope if it’s not made for this DLC, it’ll be done in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aquantis

Aquantis Active Member

Capitol corridor with the new Chargers would be nice, or a refresh of the Surfliner (Maybe the northern section this time) would be cool seeing as how dated the route has become in TS18 due to all the changes, and it'd be nice to see the Chargers in surfliner livery

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We can’t get BNSF by DTG.

6. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

why have there been commercial discussions?

7. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

my thought is that it will be a 60% probability for a mixed with csx

8. Anthony Pecoraro

DTG can’t sell BNSF content outside of the US.

9. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Dovetail Games hasn't made any BNSF content since BNSF restricted their brand to the US only, all TS BNSF dlc have since been made only by third parties. Dovetail Games probably won't change this policy for Train Sim World so BNSF will not be added to TSW until the editing tools are released and third parties start making content.

DTG has already made two CSX routes for TSW, I doubt they would make another CSX route so soon. At this stage, I think it's important for TSW to get more variety of US content so maybe a Union Pacific or Norfolk Southern route for TSW next.

• Like Like x 7
  10. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Can't find the post where someone from DTG (thinking it was Jay) mentioned, a few months back mind you, that we'd be having a great year when referencing an MTA content thread. I'm gonna chuck the upcoming American DLC to either being a MNRR route (Harlem, Hudson or extension to NEC w/ the New Haven Line) or a portion of the LIRR network. Hoping for the best here but we'll know soon enough.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  11. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

Back in 2016, I played RMD West route in OpenRails and it was too awesome.

12. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We need a UP, NS, or BNSF route. Here are some ideas:
    -UP Sherman Hill, Tehachapi Pass, etc. (1950s or Modern)
    -BNSF Seligman Sub, Cajon Pass, etc. (1940s-50s or Modern
    -NS Horseshoe Curve or something like that. (Modern)

Also, what about PRR or NYC in the 50s. Conrail could be great on Horseshoe Curve. I'd also like to see a New Haven route with an EP-5 "Jet" electric.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lawjester

“Just heard back from our licensing team that we do indeed still have a relationship with MTA and some cool stuff is being discussed on that front.

That's all I can say right now though!

- Jay”
    So that was Jay’s comment from the LIRR thread in TS forums. For those that want to see it with their own eyes, it’s the seventh comment on the third page. Again this could mean something or it can’t, I doubt it because I assume that it’ll be out West because we’ve already had 2 East Coast routes but we’ll see.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/long-island-railroad-network.3263/page-3

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  14. USRailFan007

• Like Like x 3
  15. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

We need a India route and locos

• Like Like x 4
  16. NorthRail1

Sherman Hill in my opinion was over-used in TS1 and I would prefer a different route for Union Pacific in TSW first.

BNSF wouldn't be made by Dovetail Games because of the BNSF licensing issue where BNSF branding can only be sold within the United States. Since then only third parties have made BNSF content for TS1, this will most likely be the same with Train Sim World.

17. NorthRail1

Both of these posts were made in the TS1 forums so that would presumably relate to MTA content for TS1. I doubt they would make a third east coast route in a row especially one so close to NEC: New York. Maybe there will be Metro-North or LIRR content at some point in the future but I don't think it will be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lawjester

You have a very legitimate point NorthRail1 and I agree that it might just be indicating to TS1 content only. Although I’d truly love to see MTA content for TSW next, we’re probably due for some West Coast content at this point. Only time will tell and we shall hopefully see what it will be soon enough.

19. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

They are never going to make anything apart from UK USA German.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lawjester

The short answer to that is that that is not true. Once editing tools come out we’ll start to see the breakaway from that cycle and see more of a diverse route release. Moving on from that, this thread was to discuss and speculate the next route which will most likely be in the US, so please take that discussion elsewhere because it does not cover the topic in discussion, thanks.

• Like Like x 10
  21. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Lawjester how do editing tools break the cycle? Frankly unless you’re ITK I think that’s just an opinion like GT46PAC’s opposing view. Even if the belief is that third party developers will step in with other country content it’s a nice idea but at this point there’s zero proof.

On what the next US route will be I think the comment that three East Coast in row would seem odd is correct. Also, to date a lot of the TSW routes mimic existing TS content so I’d suggest that rather than doing something ‘new’ - like the Harlem Line - there’s a good chance it’ll be something already in TS, perhaps in a shorter form. At this point both route length and picking something that is already proven as ‘popular’ is more likely than not. Actually I think a Chinese route (presumably a good potential market) is fairly likely at some point soon.

22. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

Im going with USRailFan, i think it will be something MTA related, mainly the Hudson Line.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Lawjester

That would be truly awesome and I definitely hope that’s the case, but odds are that it ends up somewhere out West.

• Like Like x 6
  24. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

That could happen, but TrainSim-Steve said "Well I can't say too much but I think you'll have a great year ahead :)". If it's for this year, and by "great year ahead" he means about MTA, then it will be MTA related for sure.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

NEC_Male_TC why don't you post something on the forum rather than just down voting those who bother to contribute? Do you think upvoting posts that say it’s going to be the route that you want next time, and down voting those that dare to suggest it might not be, make it more likely you’ll get what you want?

• Like Like x 5
  26. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

I hope they do a Midwestern route. Something out of Kansas City or Chicago.

• Like Like x 4
  27. USRailFan007

• Like Like x 3
  28. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

But the BNSF thing still, and Metra is a no as well.

• Like Like x 1
  29. USRailFan007

Oh I know. On DTG's part, they're limited due to the licensing issues bestowed upon them. However, that hasn't stopped the community from doing their own thing. DTG can make a portion of the route and give just give us the P42DC offcially, to start. The community will play a major role in fulfilling the rest of the route, alongside third parties (if they're allowed). We already got a BNSF themed AC4400CW and that's saying something. We'll definitely get to see more BNSF themed and Metra themed locos on the route eventually, through these means; and it doesn't stop there, either. Once those tools are in our hands and we're also given the ability to use the other locos we own, along whichever route we want, we'll be golden (as more locos which can be repainted and touched up to resemble other companies people would like to see represented in the game, come out, overtime). Same applies to across the board, to all other route/loco DLCs, for other countries, too. Unless DTG comes out and strictly prohibits community content that's been restricted on their own behalf, we shouldn't necessarily have a problem seeing more Mid-western and Western routes, within the US. Hasn't been the case so far, so i'll stay optimistic till then. Rather have something than nothing to go off, too.

• Like Like x 2
  30. QO1922

QO1922 Member

As the question is what do you think the next route will be and not what you would like, I think that Cajon Pass may be one of them in the USA

• Like Like x 3
  31. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

What does it really matter anyway? You only mentioned Cajon Pass simply because you may like the route, do you not? Just let the fellow have his say without trying to knock him down for it. No need to get into the technicalities of the question.

32. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

Dovetail can make the Metra livery, just not with the logos. There can me mods that can add the logos in just like they did with Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

But this is TSW. It's a totally different game. With all the little details, a game without licensing would suck.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

In the grand scheme of things, logos aren't that big of a deal. Like I said, they can easily be added in with a reskin.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

But I just don't think it's the TSW way, if you know what I mean. I feel like that in an open world game, it would seem like it was seriously lacking. Just my opinion.

36. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I don't really want the next route to be American as I would like to see other countries introduced in the game.

But if it is a American route, I think it will be another freight focused route so it can be put onto consoles as it sounds like CSX Heavy Haul isn't going onto consoles anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anthony Pecoraro

NEC has some freight.

38. rare_common_sense

Well, if you have paid any attention, you know the cycle of DTG's offerings, so prepare yourself for the upset.

• Like Like x 2
  39. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know the cycle of Dovetail releases for TSW. Would like to see the cycle broken so the name 'Train Sim World' actually means something.

Would like another route like CSX Heavy Haul though but probably won't happen due to consoles as it would be too demanding.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

The ones I'd want:

*St. Louis area, maybe a composite of multiple railroads. If you were to follow the Terminal Railroad Association, you could model a huge number of yards and interchanges, while still getting a passenger fix.

*Chicago and points south. The CN, AFAIK, doesn't have any issues with regards to licensing, and they run a line south out of Chicago on the old Illinois Central. It'd be like the racetrack, but with a different freight railroad and Metra equipment. As well as Amtrak for good measure.

*Just something out west. I'm from the Midwest, and I'm personally getting tired of seeing New York for everything. An LA route would be welcome at this point. Or maybe Denver.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

DTG needs to get US, UK, and German routes perfected before moving on to other countries.

42. djos18

djos18 Member

I think they should do a NJT DLC

• Like Like x 2
  43. rare_common_sense

Umm.. they kinda had enough time with that.

44. Anthony Pecoraro

US routes need more work.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

And so do the UK

And the German (not as much)

46. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

Id love to see a Norfolk Southern route especially Horseshoe Curve with SD80MACS SD70ACE SD40E being used for Helpers and the Amtrak Pennsylvanian

• Like Like x 3
  47. Anthony Pecoraro

That would be very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Hmmm.... Train Mechanic 2019 at Juniata Shops, anyone?

49. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I really think DTG needs to include some US fallen flags from the 1970s, or the steam-diesel transition era, like Chesapeake & Ohio, or Rock Island as a couple suggestions.

On a more modern note, I think the Kansas City Southern deserves its own route, on either TSW or Train Simulator.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  50. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s the Raritan valley line New Jersey Transit someday in the future or the Harlem line up to north white plains or southeast.

• Like Like x 1