Ps5 Dlc Limit (i Think I Broke Something)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kobo, May 10, 2022.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

Before everyone replies about DLC limits, let me preface this with, yes I'm well aware there's a dlc limit on PS5, and if you exceed the limit you can't see some of the routes and/or loco's on your system. I am aware that this is an ongoing problem that as of this writing, a fix has not been released.

That being said, I'm afraid something might've gone awry in my install. I play TSW2 on ps5, and I was looking to try to clean up a little bit of space on my system. The dlc limit has nothing to do with it, there are some routes on the game I simply don't play anymore, and I have no reason to keep them on the console. That being said, in cleaning out some of the routes, I noticed some of my routes are greyed out. I can't select them, I can't delete them, I can't do anything with them. The first thing I thought when i saw this, was what the heck did I do?

Then i started trying to find any mention of someone else having this issue, and no one seems to have had this problem. So, does anyone have any idea as to why this happened, and/or is there anything I can do?

2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I think I would uninstall the all of it including main game. Then reinstall just the game and the routes that you play.

3. kobo

kobo Active Member

I was hesitant to try that, as it would take quite a while to redownload. Thanks.

4. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

I should imagine that the greyed out ones are routes that you own from the PS store. I don't think you can delete them, if they are greyed out then they shouldn't be installed and won't take up any storage space. I'm on PS4 and have had to delete TSW2 off the console a few times and go back to the add ones and install them back on. I've not had to do this on the PS4 but I'm guessing you can uninstall an add on that is black i.e is all ready installed and usable then uninstall it so it's then greyed out and not physically on the console anymore just that you own it and some time in the future you might want to played it again. There might be an update in the future that has lots of fixes and improved the route, example the Bakerloo line I think DTG are adding hundreds of new timetables, also not sure but I believe the route is getting an extension.

5. kobo

kobo Active Member

Your explanation, in my case doesn't make sense to me. Why I say that, is the dlc that's greyed out on my console, is for routes I don't remember buying. I can't find the email receipts, but apparently I own the routes? How is that possible? Did i buy them sleepwalking? that's the only thing I can think of.

6. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Did you own TSW2020 on PS4? If so then routes you owned on TSW2020 come across to TSW2 for free (except NEC: New York and associated locos).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lenwigg

I was about to ask and say the same thing.

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

What are the routes that are greyed out?

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m wondering where these routes appear greyed out and without any screenshots it’s hard to even imagine what the issue is.

10. kobo

kobo Active Member

So I'm going to bundle everyone's questions into one post to try and answer everything.

Yes I did, but I owned the disc version. Said version if you guys don't remember, had a problem, where when changing to TSW2, the game didn't recgonize the disc version of TSW as valid, or something to that effect. The result was I and several others had to contact the support team to get codes to download the routes. I did not do it for all routes, as there were a few i wasn't interested in. GSW being one of them.

Cane Creek, and one other, but that's now a moot point, as I'll explain below.

The routes were appearing greyed out in the storage menu of my ps5. And I figured out what the issue was.

I had my PS5 set up to install future games on an M.2 SSD that i installed recently. But that came with a problem that I didn't foresee. While extra routes were being installed on my console, the game could not see them. Why? Because game was on console storage. So that meant when I was installing routes, the route dlc was being dumped into the m2 ssd, where the game couldn't see it because it was on a different drive. All i had to do was move the game itself to the M.2 SSD, then move it back to console storage, and boom. Problem solved. Nothing is greyed out, and the game can see everything I have. So I have changed it to where I don't have that conflict for future downloads. But rather strange that this happened as it did, though I do partially blame myself for not paying attention.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lenwigg

Pleased that you have managed to sort it out. And pleased that you have let others know that you have sorted it.

12. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Mind blown, crazy DLC on one drive and the core game on another. Shall sleep soundly this evening knowing the mystery is solved :)