Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

This thread is more or less the continuation / postponement of the thread with the same name already listed under "Xbox". We move this one here so to speak and end the old one.

Since neither DTG, nor the support came even after months an answer for two of the problems, we have decided or thought that this topic belongs perhaps rather here under "Technical Reports".

Despite several tickets from some members of the community, there was no help so far.

In addition, you have to write a separate ticket for each of these problems and they are automatically closed after 2 weeks "because there is nothing new", which is very annoying.
    I as a customer also find it a pity that problems are not solved after 2 weeks, or ... if it does not go faster, at least after 2 months times are fixed. The fact that a ticket is closed without a result, gives the impression that the problem, although this continues to exist, for DTG is finished.

But it should be remembered again that Achievements at least (in the case of Xbox) must work through the developer rules and that is also part of the Gamepass rules. In how far there is herzu something at PlayStation I can not say as an Xbox player, however, DTG should also take problems with Achievements and Trophies seriously and fix.

For some players they have an influence on the game experience, are part of a collecting hobby and provide a task framework for each route in Train Sim World.

Already for a long time (several months) or with the release of the newest track Horseshoe Curve there are several problems with Achievements / Trophies about which this thread should be about.

These problems are:

DRA: Dresden Commuter (since 09.09.2021)
    G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not react no matter with which BR 143 one drives the
      kilometer. Therefore it does not work.
    • I ran the following tests on an Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.
      1. Ingame main profile had already before the DLC more than 143 kilometers, but no Achievement.
      2. New ingame profile and again 143 kilometers with the DB BR 143, but no Achievement.
      3. I also tried this with all versions of the 143, also after the latest Update.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    BR 187: A Long First Trip (since 14.10.2021)
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement itself is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • I tested this on an Xbox One S, Xbox Series S, and an Xbox Series X. Always with the same result.
    HSC: For Freights Sake! (fixed since the 21.04.2022)
    G15 - Complete all scenarios on Horseshoe Curve
    • "Complication at Cresson" scenario is broken, but the Achievement itself will probably work.
    HSC: Collection Finished! (fixed since the 21.04.2022 )
    G15 - Collect all of the route tasks on Horseshoe Curve
    • Unfortunately, there is one poster collectable that is behind an invisible wall at this time, but the Achievement itself will probably work.
    • I tested this on an Xbox Series X and different people on Steam.

It would be very nice if someone from DTG comments on this or passes this on, so that the problems are also recorded. I do not think it is in the interest that each of us affected sends 4 tickets to support every two weeks? This burdens the support team and is also a really unpleasant experience for us as customers. ;)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello - thanks for the list.

I can confirm there is a patch going through testing to fix the HSC achievements - the other two I can see have been logged.

• Like Like x 7
  3. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

And what does logged mean?! It would be a good idea to keep your customers updated on these. It’s all about communication and managing expectations.

• Like Like x 6
  4. DTG JD

It means they've been raised as a bug internally on our internal development tool. Providing updates on individual bugs can be challenging (this is why we don't do it on the Roadmap any more, because things can move very quickly), but I've added a comment on there with the details from this thread.

• Like Like x 7
  5. stimp#5938

Thank you for doing that and explaining this. That is very much appreciated and this is the sort of thing customers need.
    You should also know, and I suspect the logs will tell you this, that one of these faulty achievements is now at least 6 months old. And that my friend is why this stings as much as it does.
    Also these forums will tell you that this is not the first time a patch for a problem like this took a very very very very (a Police Academy reference) long time to get fixed. Some say it took over a year which I myself cannot confirm. But since we’re already 6 months underway…How ever you look at it this isn’t satisfactory. Just so you know.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  6. coasterflo

First of all, thanks for the quick reply and also the explanation, it's nice to know that DTG has this on their radar.

I also have no problem waiting for such a fix, if it is firmly promised.

At the end of the day Achievements / Trophies are not just any bug, they are the interface to Xbox or PlayStation and unlike for a door that can't be opened, a tunnel you can't walk through or the sound of a locomotive.

I will wait as usual with further purchases until DTG has solved all problems.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Also broken on Steam/PC

• Like Like x 6
  8. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I see similar, nice that it was perceived and noted times. I still have no peace before it is fixed, I say only Cement Circle, you know DTG and sorry but 6 months is too long.

It's a pity that from old routes any ads are subsequently submitted, the current routes but need months until they work times.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Of course, it's nice that DTG has already noted this, but still, such a support after more than 6 months for the two remaining problems is no small matter.

Achievements are not a small extra, almost all developers get it right, only very rarely happens something like this and often the problems are then fixed promptly.
    The [removed - JD - language] on Ubisoft because they have shut down servers of old Xbox 360 games for 48 hours and thus Achievements were no longer fetchable should show DTG what importance for console players these Achievements have.

I would be interesting to know whether the sales figures on the console without Achievements (for example, with the two Lok DLCs) have fallen? I buy most of the tracks and (previously the locomotives) because of the Achievements.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I am not sure if it's broken but there is an achievement on Rapid Transit for completing ALL services needs looking at/ review.

The achievement is unusual because normally a quantity is specified rather than ALL. The original Rapid Transit release had 70 odd (approx) services so it was do-able. Since then the BR 182 was added on this route and it appears to be now included in the requirement taking it to over 130 (approx.) services. The addition of the 2nd timetable added another 300 services!

Can someone at DTG confirm whether all 400 plus services need to be completed to unlock this achievement? It is somewhat unfair that the "goal posts" have been moved as additional content was released, making this achievement virtually impossible to unlock.

I don't want to spend time doing over 400 services if it turns out to be broken!

• Like Like x 5
  11. stimp#5938

I received the achievement “German Legend” last March. I checked and saw I did all services on Leipzig S-Bahn 2017 with the BR1442 Talent 2 MD. You can track your progress through Xbox itself. Just turn on your achievement tracker. And there is a way of doing this faster if you don’t want to complete all services fully.

• Like Like x 5
  12. DTG JD

Hey folks. Just to update, last week's HSC update should have fixed the outstanding unachievable Achievements on that route.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

I am sorry to say that the HSC: For Freights Sake! achievement still does not pop for me on Xbox Series X. I have completed ALL of the scenarios, and the in-game list shows all completed. However, the achievement does not get awarded.

Anyone have any idea what might cause this? Perhaps a scenario needs to be completed again (i.e. after the update)? Or maybe there is still a bug?

• Like Like x 7
  14. Ross NCC1701

Ross NCC1701 Member

OK, the achievement does work for me now, but ONLY if I complete a scenario from the Scenario menu and not from the Journey menu.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

Hi is there a chance to give an patch for the BR143 achievement , because the Horseshore GP 38 achievement poped right away so why not doing the same for the BR 143 , we allready driven 143km so just give us an update that auto unlocks the achievement if you already done the requierments ?
    DTG JD

• Like Like x 7
  16. stimp#5938

I see DTG posted a welcomed update on the BR 187:

Now that Horseshoe Curve and last week’s post-release patch have been released, the Skyhook Games team have been continuing their work improving the BR 187, based on your feedback.
    Their initial focus is safety systems – primarily their functionality and audio – with a view to addressing audio, which is proving a more complicated improvement, further down the line.
    These improvements need to be tested and put into an update, so as of yet we have no dates, but work is ongoing!

No mention of the achievement sadly.

• Like Like x 6
  17. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

They posted that on the roadmap i think

• Like Like x 7
  18. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Assuming that the problem will be solved with the update, there is still the problem with the DB 143 that has existed for three quarters of a year and Dresden has already received various updates in which this error was ignored.

• Like Like x 5
  19. stimp#5938

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. And we as customers should not assume anything. It’s good to see DTG say anything about these issues at all but I mean seeing is believing at this point. And like I said earlier it’s bad policy for a company to take this long to solve problems. It’s not right. They are to busy developing new crooked DLC. And I’m not paying another red cent until I know for sure there are no problems with new DLC anymore and I advise everyone to do the same. Simply fed up.

• Like Like x 5
  20. DTG JD

I've followed this up with the team RE: Dresden and 187.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Starkiller

what does that mean for us , will there be a patch in the near future for both achievements ?

• Like Like x 4
  22. DTG JD

I've asked the team to look into it - there are a lot of other priorities at the moment (the Roadmap has more details of these), but if we can squeeze it in, we will. Can't give you a promise it'll be 'near future' at this stage though.

• Like Like x 5
  23. Starkiller

but you can promise it will be patched ;D ?

• Like Like x 6
  24. stimp#5938

Well it looks like this achievement won’t be fixed any time soon. Those are the facts. I’m counting month 7 without a fix for this BR187 achievement. Are you all counting with me?! So I expect a fix after the next 5 months which wil make it exactly a year. As most on here with previous experiences pointed out in various other threads. Do better DTG. Squeeze it in. How hard can it be to fix a non functional achievement. Really?! How hard?!

• Like Like x 8
  25. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Would assume the 187 achievement isn't a DTG issue as they didn't do the 187 add-on! That would be down to Skyhook!

• Like Like x 6
  26. stimp#5938

It’s DTG’s game. They have responsibility. And before you say more I also complained there.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  27. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Actually the fact that it's DTG's game means nothing! They didn't make the 187 pack so it's not their issue to fix! They can bark at Skyhook about it but as we all know both Skyhook & Rivet don't rush to fix their issues most of the time. There isn't that much that DTG can do about it either as I'm going to assume that quick fixes to issues aren't in any contracts between them either.

• Like Like x 6
  28. stimp#5938

Well then. Assuming there is truth in what you say. If that is the case then DTG has to do better in the future and take responsibility. But since this isn’t the first time, they already should have. See what I mean with responsibility? We all have it and so does DTG. For one don’t deal with incompetent companies. And besides that this reflects badly upon DTG which is something every company would want to avoid. And to be clear, I love TSW2, I play it very often and enjoy it very much. But I don’t like crappy stuff. Let’s see if this makes sense: One time is unfortunate, two times is notable, three times is a pattern and that’s just wrong.

• Like Like x 7
  29. Starkiller

the best would be just patch some things , even if its just an achievement , there are alot people out there collecting thoes , so please patch the BR 187 Scenario and BR143 km driven , so we can finally complete that game .

• Like Like x 9
  30. Grailer

Grailer Active Member

Yesterday's update shows once again how important the support of achievements is to DTG. Almost everything is fixed, even the locomotive of one of the two achievements is improved, but there is no fix for this problem even after almost a year.

I am speechless. :(

• Like Like x 7
  31. coasterflo

But Skyhook or River don't have their own forums or support for TSW or am I wrong?

At the end of the day, you are a service provider contracted by DTG, which means that the responsibility for the product and the sale runs through DTG and they are ultimately responsible.

But if there is an address at Skyhook to contact about this, can you please send it in here hells.high.lord666 :)

• Like Like x 6
  32. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

I see similar, had high hopes yesterday when I saw the / the updates. Unfortunately, no change, so today a longer phone call with Xbox support, because you can not reach anything at DTG.:|

• Like Like x 7
  33. Starkiller

here we go again , the Next achievement isnt working :(

from the Steam Dlc
    LPC Avoided rusting in the deep red sea
    Complete 10 Services with the Stanier Class 8F Locomotive

DTG JD please try and patch all achievements , we now at 3 unobtainables again :(

• Like Like x 6
  34. Starkiller

oh sry nevermind there is a 4th one :(

LPC Express Freight Fanatic
    Operate 100Miles with the Stanier Class 8F Locomotive

if you patch this one pls there is one for the BR 143 from Dresden which is also not unlockable
    the same problem perhaps

• Like Like x 7
  35. DTG JD

Hey - sorry to hear this. Can I just check something? The tracking for achievements doesn't happen in Training Modules and where speeding is occurring. It may be that with some more driving they'll unlock.

We haven't seen any other reports of them not working (yet!), so just want to check.

• Like Like x 4
  36. coasterflo

DTG JD
    I can confirm the two new problems.
    Now a total of 4 Achievements do not work again.

I have added the list here and also added what all I tried today during the day.

It should be noted that as Starkiller already suspects, it is very likely that the Achievement "LPC: Express Freight Fanatic" has the same problem as the already for a long time not fixed "DRA: Dresden Commuter".
    It seems that the Achievements are simply not correctly linked to the game or the locomotive, the information is recorded in the in-game statistics for all, but not the Achievement pass.

The problem seems to be the cause for all 4 problems now. The kilometers/miles, the completion of the scenario or the services are recognized by the game, but not attributed to the Achievement.
    All four problems should be solved in the same way.

This suspicion is reinforced since the two new problems are both related to the same locomotive, while the similar new Achievements to the second steam locomotive do not cause any problems.

The current list is thus:

DRA: Dresden Commuter (since 09.09.2021)
    G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not react no matter with which BR 143 one drives the
      kilometer. Therefore it does not work.
    • I ran the following tests:
      1. Ingame main profile had already before the DLC more than 143 kilometers, but no Achievement.
      2. New ingame profile and again 143 kilometers with the DB BR 143, but no Achievement.
      3. I also tried this with all versions of the 143, also after the latest Update.
    BR 187: A Long First Trip (since 14.10.2021)
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'
    • Achievement itself is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.
    • The Achievement does not seem to be correctly linked to the game. Even though the in-game statistics record the scenario as completed, the information is not passed to the Achievement.
    LPC: Express Freight Fanatic (since 31.05.2022)
    G10 - Operate the Stanier Class 8F Locomotive for 100 Miles
    • Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive. Tracker does not react no matter in which mode or on which route the locomotive runs the miles.
    • I ran the following tests on an Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.
      1. Ingame main profile over 400 miles.
      2. New ingame profile and again 200 miles but no Achievement
    LPC: Express Freight Fanatic (since 31.05.2022)
    G10 - Complete 10 services with the Stanier Class 8F Locomotive
    • Achievement probably not correctly coupled with the game. Tracker does not react no matter in which service you try
    • I ran the following tests on an Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.
    • 1. Ingame main profile 15 different Services, but nothing.
      2. New ingame profile and again 11 different services but no Achievement

• Like Like x 8
  37. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

So with me on the Xbox One S, the two said Achievements from the new Spirit of Steam have unfortunately not been unlocked today either. Overall, it would be really nice if not every DLC now always has 2 Achievements with such problems. :-(

That the other problems with the BR 143 and the locomotive DLC are still not clarified, I also find very weak, I must say. :,-(

• Like Like x 6
  38. DTG JD

Okay, thank you for confirming. I've raised with the team for investigation.

• Like Like x 6
  39. Starkiller

Thank you DTG JD for helping us , hopefully there will be some patches for all the achievements

• Like Like x 5
  40. stimp#5938

I’d like to say much respect for DTG JD for answering fans of this game. I know it must be hard managing disappointment and other feelings about thing things not working. It’s never a personal issue just so you know.
    I do hope DTG as a company sees the pattern with most new dlc.

• Like Like x 5
  41. DTG JD

We've just put to our beta testers a potential fix for the SoS achievements, with positive feedback - so we're hoping to get this out soon. The other achievements are also being reviewed, but may take a little longer.

• Like Like x 8
  42. Starkiller

sounds good , hopefully the other 2 will get there patch soon too ;)

• Like Like x 5
  43. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Sounds great, thank you :)

• Like Like x 6
  44. coasterflo

upload_2022-6-8_0-10-22.png

Good News from the latest Roadmap :)

• Like Like x 6
  45. stimp#5938

Whoa that’s awesome!

• Like Like x 5
  46. Starkiller

great news

• Like Like x 5
  47. Starkiller

DTG JD Hi, do you think we could get the next patch for the other 2 Achievements with the next roadmap :D ?

• Like Like x 5
  48. DTG JD

Hey - unlikely at this stage. They are in our list, but Preservation Crew routes, and SoS improvements have been prioritised in the shorter-term.

• Like Like x 3
  49. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

DTG JD Just a quick one sir, I know that that patch sorted out unlockable achievements on the Xbox side, did that patch also fix the trophies on the Playstation side of things as well?

• Like Like x 5
  50. DTG JD

I believe it was cross-platform, but please let me know if that's not the case.

• Like Like x 3