The Guessing Game: New German And Us Routes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, May 6, 2022.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

As you know, DTG has informed on the latest Roadmap, there will be a new US and German route.

So "let's play" to guess which routes will be!

Please include a comment below, mentioning which routes of each two countries, you believe will be developed by DTG, and let's see in the coming months who was right.

• Like Like x 1
  2. grdaniel48

I will start...

- US Route: first I would like it will be a BNSF one!. Of all of them... Cajon Pass!

- German Route: Here is more complicated as there are so many...
    As to big HBFs pendings,... are Berlin and Frankfurt Main ones.
    Could be Berlin - Cottbus = 107 km., or Frankfurt to Heideberg = 78 km.

3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

US Route I reckon Tehachapi Pass, With both UP and BNSF traction as I believe UPO still shares the route with BNSF. Some one correct me If I am wrong.
    German Route. Not really sure.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  4. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

Concerning the German Route, as much as I would like to see Frankfurt in the game, I guess it would be quite a mess at least on the old gen consoles. Even Munich without any additional layers is stuttering all over the place. On PS5 it might work, but on PS4 it will probably be a disaster, so I have some mixed feelings towards this.

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

UP owns Tehachapi Pass, BNSF has trackage rights on the line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Germany Berlin Elsterwerda 122 km 76 mi. Can be merged with Nahverkehr Dresden if the Großenhain branch gets extended to Elsterwerda.
    There's Elsterwerda on the 442 Riesa-Dresden Destination list. AI RB31s at Dresden and Coswig don't set their destination signs to Elsterwerda. You have do this manually Elsterwerda.
    NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line possible US route

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

German route:

My totally uninformed and entirely random guess is Leipzig-RIesa, with ICE T, 442, 185 Railpool and most of the other German locos subbing in.

Why?

DTG have a history of "clustering" German routes (HRR, RRO, RSN)
    The ICE T would have been the appropriate train for Risea-Dresden, so it could be subbed
    The ICE T is a very popular request (and a very good-looking train IMO)
    Tilting-train technology has been introduced with Tharandter Rampe
    The track is available for Train Simulator Classic which could reduce development cost

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

What Leipzig Riesa does is merge Rapid Transit Riesa-Dresden into a single huge route Hauptstrecke Dessau-Leipzig Dresden. If DTG wants them to be merged and a Bundle East German main line Dessau to Dresden.

9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

A US passenger route with the F7, 20th Century Limited, Super Chief, El Capitan etc, with those cool high level panorama cars. I know, I'm asking for too much here, but those trains always look so stylish.

• Like Like x 2
  10. grdaniel48

sgu123456

I thought about it when I selected Frankfurt Hbf.
    But on my experience on PS4 with Munich-Augsburg and Dresden-Riesa, I did not have problems on the departing stations, but of course some minor stuttering.
    Then prior to arriving to destination, I usually save the game. Due to it is a high "risk" of blue screen with error message.
    But after reloaded it, I can finish it without problem.
    Of course it all depends on how many trains are around, mainly the more "heavy" ones in terms on resources required. i.e. BR101 and the IC cars, or ICE, and a long freight.

That is not a big issue for me.

What makes me get angry, and frustrated, are the permanent red lights, the AI trains on your created scenario got stacked on a switch, and unexpected blue "crash" screens.

In resume, things does not allow you to finish your drive!

Other things that does no appear as I might be ... are:
    For example you are driving a passenger train, with no passengers at all.
    Or you start with full passengers, and in the first station - just some few kms away -, half of them get out of the train.
    You arrive with an ICE train to Augsburg, and no one descends.
    Etc.

11. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Not so much of a route guess but I wonder if Railpool will make an appareance on the new German route. They seemed to be quite eager to work with DTG and they operate Br 155s (which could be re-worked to more modern standards like the DRA locos were) and Br 151s (which are quite highly requested).

• Like Like x 1
  12. grdaniel48

I hopes a private freight operator be on the new german too route!
    Could be MRCE, Railpool or a new company not yet on TSW2.
    Furthermore it will be nice, the locomotive be another model, like the BR 187!.
    This locomotive is being fixed by Skyhook, but of course you must have this DLC too.

One I hopes be on TSW2, is the incredible Stadler Eurodual!

13. kobo

kobo Active Member

I really want to see another US passenger route. No offense to those who enjoy the freight routes, but I'm so sick and tired of that being almost the only thing being released. Every time i see a new US route being made, and it's freight and not passenger, I get pissed off. I really want to see more US passenger routes, and give the freight routes a break.

• Like Like x 6
  14. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I hope the new German route will pass the 100km mark lengthwise

15. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I agree, strictly only Freight routes in America further proves a stereotype that all American Railfans are obsessed with freight trains which completely not true at all. Personally I wanna see another passenger route, BUT they did tease the M8 in Harlem Line preview stream

• Like Like x 1
  16. grdaniel48

I do likes both passenger and freight trains, no matter the country.
    But it is clear USA is a country where freight trains dominates, due to it is mostly an "automobile country".
    Of course there are several passenger routes too.

As to TSW2, do not forget Harlem Line was launched recently.

Despite of that I really would like to have "The Surfliner" (L.A. to San Diego) on TSW2! I love this route!
    But distance is 111 miles / 179 km. So is very long for TSW2 unfortunately.
    Then the route could start at San Juan Capistrano for example.
    I believe San Diego must be on the route, as it is the most scenic part of it.

17. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I could totally get onboard with a US passenger route from a bygone era. I’d love some more F7 action.
    I’m also pretty partial to NJ Transit stuff.
    But I suppose this thread isn’t asking for a wishlist… I suppose if I were a betting man, I’d bet on a BNSF freight route. We’ve already got UP, NS, CSX, so I’d think it’s only a matter of time.

18. driverwoods#1787

At least it can be compared to its East German Answer the DB BR155 DR BR 250. DB BR 151 has single arm pantograph now instead of the original double arm pantograph like its predecessor DB BR150. One is in Koblenz Musuem Screenshot 2022-05-10 180721.png

19. kobo

kobo Active Member

If there is any representation of NJ Transit in the sim in the near future, I personally would love to share some insight, and/or maybe help out the development of said route with some of my knowledge. I work for NJ Transit, on the trains as a conductor, and any representation of our system makes me really happy. In fact, on a recent run into NYC, I got to see Amtrak's TSW2 wrap on an amtrak sprinter in person for the first time. That made me smile. I really hope NJT gets represented on TSW2 soon. I know you can play routes of NJT in Train Simulator, but it would be so nice to be able to play on the console.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blacknred81

Given DTG's recent track record....

Sand Patch Grade (TSW2 release)
    Clinchfield
    Boston Sprinter
    Sherman Hill
    Harlem Line

Safe to say the next route is most likely a freight route.

Cane Creek and Horseshoe Curve don't count as those are third party.

But if DTG does do a new freight route, please be something set before 1995 please....... Less Wide Cab GE's and Geeps only used for local service please....

21. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Cheers I knew it was something like that. But not sure what but thanks :)

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Those third party routes will be in DTG’s mind when considering what has been released as all releases are somewhat collaborative. It could easily be a passenger route but I’d be hoping for a mixed passenger and freight route myself, as that’s not happened for a while.

23. grdaniel48

Yes, as I mentioned hopes be the Racetrack so having BNSF and Metra.
    Metra license hopes could be obtained!.
    If not this could be at launch time BNSF only, and then like Koln Aachen one, have the Expansion Pack for Metra trains!

• Like Like x 1
  24. grdaniel48

Talking about this mixed freight passenger route... I miss the TSW NEC New York with Amtrak plus CSX one!
    A new and longer version for TSW2, would be great!

25. grdaniel48

Steven
    Despite I created this thread about "guessing" which routes will be the new ones, everyone can also make his wish list too!.
    No problem at all.

• Like Like x 1
  26. li150special

US Route? My guess (wish?) is a part of the BNSF Scenic Subdivision

- BNSF licence is available to DTG
    - BNSF Scenic Subdivision is a route made by Trainsimulations for Open Rails, so it is not entirely "new" in the sim world and quite popular
    - the Scenic Subdivision is, wait for it, quite scenic... (d'oh)
    - the Cascade Tunnel with its gate mechanism is a landmark of American railroading (more or less like Horseshoe Curve)
    - CN, UP, and other American freight locos could sub in nicely
    - it would be possible to have the Amtrak Cascades as a passenger service with F40 (and Talgo stock
    - The Amtrak Empire Builder (using Genesis locos) runs on a part of that route
    - There are lots of switching yards around Everett

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scenic_Subdivision

wdyt?

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Blacknred81

Gtrax and Great Northerner did a seller job on it for TSC (Stevens Pass), I feel like DTGs attempt on TSW2 would pale in comparison.....

• Like Like x 1
  28. grdaniel48

Just would like to make some small change, about the routes to be included on this thread:

1) Please first include which US and German routes you believe it will be the ones announced by DTG

2) After point 1, please include your routes wish list, as desired.

Thanks!

29. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Here is an idea..

The Burlington Northern ran a lot of the commuter trains in Chicago, up until the BN and Sante Fe merger in the 1990's.. So a route set in the 90's, specifically the year of the the merger, which is 1995 would be a good route for both passenger and freight fans; as many of the lines the BN commuter trains were running on, were also heavy freight corridors; often running as many as 79 commuters train; as well as up to 50 long distance freights- and even more than 100 if we include the other railroads operating in Chicago during the 1990's: Daily.

Some of which Dovetail have a license for already; CSX, NS, UP, Amtrak, you name it. And BN was included in the BNSF license for DTG and Train Sim World to use.

Variety would be great. BN had just about anything, E9's on the commuter trains, SD40-2s, SD60Ms, U36C, and a lot of geeps. Other railroads, like UP, could sub and layer maybe with the SD40-2 that DTG has made already.

30. driverwoods#1787

DTG also has NJ Transit license too. The first route can be Raritan Valley Line ALP-45DP for NY Penn Trips and PL42AC to Newark Penn Trips.
    You need to activate the Electric Mode at Newark Penn Station towards NY Penn Station returning to High Bridge and Raritan Turn off Electric Mode at Newark Penn.
    My mum took the 22:48 NY Penn 00:26 Annandale Trip

31. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

I will go with NJ transit for the new us route for the German one....whatever. both plus a UK route as the next trio of routes for the tsw 2022

32. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

You know it could be NJ Transit if not I think its going to be maybe New Haven Line with the Metro North M8 since it was teased. If it's a freight route bnsf.

33. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Nah not a chance , dtg_jd has a chance of pronouncing that correctly immediately decreasing the fun for German players of the game.

34. li150special

OK, so then my best guess is KBS 855 between Lamplmühle and Wunsiedel-Holenbrunn via Windischeschenbach and the Thölauer Viadukt.

Sorry JD, could not resist... :love:

• Like Like x 2
  35. dtg_jd

dtg_jd Staff Member

Cheeky, but true.

• Like Like x 3
  36. driverwoods#1787

You mean the Weiden-Oberkotzau Line German Wiki. DB BR232 DR BR132 runs military freight to the US base Grafenwohr since that route connects to the base via a branch line

37. li150special

In today's "Midweek Madness Stream", the picture before the stream (with the countdown clock) looks like the cockpit of an Alstom Coradia LINT. The view out of the window shows a route with (presumably) German hectometer tables and a lake with sailing boats to the right. Is this some loco/route from TS2022 or may it be a hint to the new German route in TSW2?

38. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Jamie was streaming and he uses the TSC screen for the countdowns etc. No hints there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1