Xbox Example Of Sound Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PuzzledPeanut, Apr 16, 2022.

1. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/KHQG5BAY

I don't know if this works but this is a link (the file was to big) to a clip of the many sound bugs on Xbox series X and as you can see pausing doesn't work and neither does internal to external camera. The only thing that works is slow down and accelerate again (but you don't want that on a hill like this)

2. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I am having that problem right now. I am coming up out of Johnstown and was in Notch 6 and the sound cut out. I backed it down to Notch 3 and I have sound. I go above Notch 3 and the sound cuts out. It is only doing it with the livery I have downloaded. The sound works on all the other liveries I have downloaded just this one ( which is Conrail 8098 ) the sound is cutting out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

I know the Xbox version has overall issues with sound but it's starting to happen more and more and in weirder situations. I myself only use the stock software and the situation as in the video happens more and more often with other routes. 1 advantage the sound does correct itself after I go back to Notch 3 but in the meantime it happens about every 15 minutes on every route I currently play.

4. matt8350

matt8350 Member

Also the engines don't sound like a GE, they sound more like an old ALCO engine when you throttle up.

5. matt8350

matt8350 Member

Yeah it that sounds about right with the 15 minute mark. It is getting annoying. I know there is issues and hopefully they get around to fixing them soon.

6. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

From what I understand it is quite a challenge for DTG to solve this problem but meanwhile the experience with the game is getting worse and worse. For example, do you also experience missing sounds or extremely soft volume? for example on Tees Valley Line where a diesel sounds like an emu? Or Great Western where the engine noise disappears only to come back a little later and then of course start to stutter. These are just a few examples.

7. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I haven't had any trouble on the Tees Valley Line as of yet.

8. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Wow that sounds horrible , such a pitty couse it's a great route.. does this happen on Sherman hill also?

9. matt8350

matt8350 Member

I haven't had any sound trouble on Sherman Hill. Just seems to be the Horseshoe Curve Route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Ah I see, thanks so much for you're input. Just picked up Sherman hill :)

11. matt8350

matt8350 Member

You're quite welcome. I wish they would come out with more locomotives for the routes. Such as the SD70ACe for horseshoe curve.

• Like Like x 1