Train Sim World Achievements (and Their Secrets).

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, May 16, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’ve been working through some of these (currently 51%) on steam. I’ll never 100% game because of how steam works and not wanting all routes but thinking about achievements I wondered

How are you getting on with them?
    Do you collect them avidly or if you spot them?
    What are the secret achievements?
    What was the easiest route to max out?
    What’s been the hardest route to max out?

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I've managed to complete about 62% of the items on the list, but that list also includes achievements for routes that I do not have, which is annoying. I tend to get the walking achievements out of the way, and then generally just play with whatever route I feel in the mood for. Occasionally I will look at the list, and if an achievement is close to completion I'll concentrate on that one for a while.
    I don't think I've got any of the secret achievements, I suspect they might be for completing all of the achievable's for a DLC, but don't quote me on that...

• Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not bothered by them. I play the game to drive trains rather than collecting medals

• Like Like x 9
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I remember getting the trophy for driving 1660 miles in the Class 166 on GWE in TSW2020 but I haven’t repeated it in TSW2. I wasn’t chasing it, it just happened as I played it a lot, but it is a trophy/achievement that lots of people complain about being hard to get because it’s a hard slog. A real achievement, if you will. Other than that one, I couldn’t tell you what I have got because I just don’t care for them.

5. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

For me the hardest achievements to get are the route collectables. Fair enough there are guides that point them out but for long routes, I quickly become restless at the thought of walking along the track (with help of using a train or 2) spending 5 minutes to get just 1 collectable out of the 70+ to get. Since starting a new job recently I haven't had much time to come back to TSW2.

6. ARuscoe

Just drive from the local station and ignore the wailing passengers complaining at your slow progress...

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Barely give them a second thought. Though I do like doing Journey Mode on a route as it tends to be the "Editor's Choice" of a particular route. The exception being Boston Sprinter where whoever compiled the Journey collection seemed to think Massachusetts lives in a state of constant snow on the ground with blizzards raging... :)

8. ARuscoe

This falls into the category of "How do I make a scenario interesting, add weather"
    Been a plague on scenarios since TSC days...

Personally I think the journey mode ought to be a "day in the life" type thing, currently playing GWE legends and would love to know why everything is either a full length green light drive, or the same 5xxx ECS move (wait, move to end of depot, out onto mainline, go to platform 4)

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Indeed. At the least, Journey should also sequence into the next activity so if you finish a run at Reading, you pick up the next one there. However for that to work, we need the saved game fix to be forthcoming!

10. ARuscoe

Problem is that a Paddington to Penzance driver isn't going to change out at Reading so I can see how it's difficult, but I'm sure there's more to being a pilot or shunter at Reading depot than "move this engine to paddington", "move this shunter from Paddington"...

And savegame isn't really relevant on PAD-RDG unless there's a really long commuter service I haven't got to yet. All the runs I've done have been less than 45 mins I think

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not an avid chaser of them. However, I do sometimes use them to decide what to play and I am very annoyed when I’ve met the requirements and the trophy doesn’t pop as expected.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

It usually just pops up when I am not expecting it. lol. but when I do get it, I try to look at it and see how closer I am too some others.

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hardest Achievement to do is Route collectibles.
    Easiest are the locomotives ones. Making Tracks DB BR146.2 Can be accomplished using Riesa-Dresden 146.2 if Main Spessart Bahn is not owned
    Clinchfield SD40 Burning Diesel can be accomplished by using CSX-S Clinchfield SD40 on Sand Patch Grade two Main Line trips or 4 yard runs
    Wuppertal Commuter use HRR DB BR422
    DRA Talented 442 km also unlocked by Running Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen 442

14. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I like trophies, but whether I deliberately go for any depends on whether I'll be having fun anyway. Most games, I'll finish with most of the trophies, but I have only a very few games at 100%.

15. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. chieflongshin

Thanks Tomas9970 . You’ve taught me something new.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

The only things that make the game even enjoyable, is the Journey and the achievement
    I do the Journey and then what ever is need to complete the achievements, once that is done, there is no more reason to be on that trainset
    there is even a few achievement beside the maps and the likes, that can not complete as there is nothing left to do, like the Hamilton one, all runs are completed, but the route level 20 can not be reached

18. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

424 achievements out of 435 total.

Is that bad? 10 relate to the unreleased Spirit of Steam and the remaining one is the broken BR187 achievement.

Achoevments.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  19. chieflongshin

Im not so sure, the service mode seems to have some really enjoyable runs hidden away, the journey mode is just bad weather

20. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'll get there one day at some point in life :D how many hours has it taken you so far?

21. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

the service mode is the worse way to play, it is completely lacking in random weather, event,etc...
    The Journey at least, every time the weather is unpredictable, for the service mode, the weather as to be set every time out do a run, or you keep the default
    That is why I only do the Journey, and if needed the regular to complete the Steam achievements, and then I leave the trainset alone, as nothing interesting is ever happening

22. ARuscoe

Not sure journey mode weather is unpredictable. Play the same journey over and over and the weather will be the same each time.
    I would prefer if weather was more "dynamic" as well as traffic, but not something DTG have worked towards

• Like Like x 1
  23. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

Journey mode is always a preset in time and space (and weather).

Either a scenario (how about 'ICE and snow' in summer time) or a selected time table run.