Rag Rate Your Runs Dtg….. (service Mode With No Clue)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chieflongshin, May 17, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

One area of the game I feel could have more consistency / ease of use Is the service mode selection. On some routes there is a brief description, others there are none. In scenario mode I get a little more info and a grading.

Could this grading be incorporated into service mode? Currently we don’t really have any heads up what the service would be like, the length of service is really helpful but how about a RAG rating so we have an idea whether we’re jumping into an easy green light run or a harder run with more complexity?

Welcome peoples thoughts what else would be useful when selecting via service mode

• Like Like x 2
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

This could be a solved by a system connected to dovetail live where users can give ratings to a service. Not on a 5 star scale, but more like reactions you'd see on other things.
    Eg. A service displaying, 26 'Scenic', 13 'Relaxing', 8 'Slow', 5 'Favourite'. And another displaying, 44 'Challenging', 34 'Red lights', 23 'Slow', 17 'Favourite'.
    Maybe to clean it up for the UI it could display the percentage split between the top 5 reactions?

Categories I can think of are:
    Favourite
    Express/Stopper/Mixed
    Slow/Fast
    Green Lights/Red Lights
    Challenging/Easy
    Short (duration)/Long (duration)
    Short (consist)/Long (consist)
    Scenic/Dreary
    Complex/Simple
    Stressful/Relaxing
    Heavy/Light

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Are all the timetable runs even checked by the compiler, though, as this would be required to rate them. It’s also an area which could be quite subjective depending on what an individual regards as difficult. In TSC this is easier to do as the scenarios all have to be set up long hand, so to speak, and in theory tested so the author can give it a suitable rating.

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Agree that difficulty is very subjective and it also depends if your using safety systems as well

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes I have had green rated runs in TSC where I fail to make a success of it and others with 5 red bars which were easy peasy.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Perhaps a grade your service by xyz could be community driven which could work