Suggestion For First Polish Route: Linia Kolejowa Nr 1: Katowice-sosnowiec

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dath Vater 208, May 12, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

As TSW2 is developed, more routes from more countries will be recreated. So, I have a suggestion for one of the routes, that is located in Poland. It's Linia kolejowa nr 1 (which means in english: Railway Line 1), that goes from (or to) Warszawa Zachodnia (Western Warsaw), ending (or beggining) at Katowice station. Obviously that line is too long to include it in TSW2, so I propose to include Katowice-Sosnowiec (or longer, because of how short it would be (9km), but better short Polish route than none ;). But if it would be longer than to Sosnwiec, then I suggest to Dąbrowa Górnicza (expands to 18km), or like that.) section. That part of the route goes through Silesian Agglomeration. Starting at Katowice, city known for it's coal mine ending at Sosnowiec Główny (Main Station), a station right next to transport technical school, which was originally a railway technical school, but it was expanded to other means of transport like flight or buses, but railway still dominates there. For the locos, I can surely suggest EU07 (EU stands for Elektryczna (traction type) Uniwersalna (use), meaning "Electric Universal") this loco is widely used in Poland. Maybe the second one (if two or three locos will be included) should be ED250? It's an EMU Express train used in Poland. On line it goes up to 200km/h (125 mph). I'm not sure about it, because on Railway Line 1 it stops only on Katowice and Sosnowiec (distance between those is about 9 km (about 5,5 miles) (that's why I wrote earlier "or longer") and continues to Gdynia, switching to Railway Line 4. I mentioned Katowice as city known for it's coal mine, so maybe it'll be better to include freight locomotive like ET22 (Elektryczna Towarowa-Electric Freight), or ET41 (letters same as ET22). Or maybe freight steam locomotive as long as steam trains are "fresh" to increase popularity? Then maybe Ty51 (Towarowy-Freight, y refers to the wheel setup)? Why Ty51? This one specifically is seen from Sosnowiec Główny station and belongs to mentioned earlier transport technical school. I hope that this thread will become a TSW2 route and there's nothing weird, because I'm Polish, that's why I'm writing this. No matter whether this suggestion will beome a route, I wish you, all Dovetail Games, for work not to be stressful nor hard. You're doing a great work. Thank you for it. :).
    Here are some images: (From first to last: Katowice Station, EU07 (here in PKP Intercity blue livery, but it also works in freight traffic), Ty51 (the one that belongs to transport technical school; seen from Sosnowiec Główny station's platform), ET22, Sosnowiec Główny station
    WK14_dworzec_kolejowy_w_Katowicach.jpg 330px-EU07-038_lipiec2020.jpg OIP.png 05.05.2018._ET22-016._Lokomotywownia_Zajączkowo_Tczewskie.jpg OIP (1).png
    If you read this (or you're Polish ;) ) please like this post, so there's a chance that Dovetail will see it and there will be a Polish route in TSW2.

• Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and furthermore there are locomotives of EU44 Taurus EU46 Vectron. If those were made then they can be reskin to make Austrian ÖBB 1216 1293 173-200 have Belgian Memor II TBL and Dutch ATB 1293 001-085 Italy Slovenia. If the ED250 runs here that can be used as basis to make Rabe 503 Luzern Sursee

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  3. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Seems unlikely they'd just directly recreate the demo route for SimRail though.

4. Dath Vater 208

SimRail isn't even a thing yet. Also, when I watched a youtube film from demo, my forst thought was: "Polish clone of TSW"

5. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

The demo, with Dąbrowa-Będzin, is out and playable actually, you can have a look for yourself! It is certainly more likely to come out than a Polish route on TSW, I would say.

6. Dath Vater 208

At least there is a flicker of hope...

7. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Ah, a fellow daydreaming community member :) I love the third tag under the thread title.

Last edited: May 18, 2022