Pro Steam Locos

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alanrco, Aug 27, 2018.

1. alanrco

alanrco New Member

I get the most enjoyment from managing the pro range of steam locos eg BMG's Stannier Black 5MT. What I would like to see is the discreet F5 info include distances to speed limits, stations etc. Something like this exists in TSW (but still too large an interface). That way I can really feel the immersiveness of these fantastic engines without having to involve the horrible F3 interface. Too many tracks to learn to be able to remember these routes. IRL most drivers would not cover anywhere near as many routes as we have in TS.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolf

Wolf Member

Sounds like a good idea, especially if that could be coupled with a different coloured font on the F5 Hud, or a chooseable coloured font, to make it better visible on light backgrounds.

I think it could even be improved by making that a third menu group, a bit like you press F5 once for the basic info, F5 twice for the additional info like boiler pressure, steam generation/usage etc. and a third time to open the route info. Press it a fourth time and it all goes.

I would add infos to distance to next instruction, gradient (maybe with distance to next gradient change and the change), distance to next signal, distance to next speed change and what that change is.

The Idea being that you could turn the route info part off if you want to.

At the moment I mostly drive in the F5 hud with the occansional peek at the F3 hud for some speeds or distances, after a while you do get familiar enough with the route, but it takes time. And this would be a good, more immersive idea.
    The di

• Like Like x 1