Lu 1938 Stock Enhancement Pack

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SprattyHeath, May 16, 2022.

1. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...-patches/i2565-lt-1938-stock-enhancement-pack

Hello again all, this is going to be another one of those short threads again.

Recently I've been going back to a mod I was working on for Rivet Games' LU 1938 Stock released for the Bakerloo Line.

Originally I did not intend to buy this addon knowing that it would be to the same level of quality as the Class 483 from IOW, but me being a fan of London Transport traction (and the Underground in general) I decided to give it a try and dig into the files to see what I could change.

I actually started working on this way back in October of 2021, but after my long hiatus on TSW the project was sort of left to one side. I finally did resume working on it not too long after.

There have been several changes as shown above:
    upload_2022-5-16_23-28-10.png
    Front Destination Display texture fix (not 100% accurate)

upload_2022-5-16_23-29-3.png
    New 1970s period advert posters & Bakerloo Line tube map

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Recoloured Cab & Passenger Interior from a mint green to warm green as well as darkened wooden textures.

As well as various texture changes, I've also gone and changed a few of the sounds to more accurately match what the real 1938 stocks would have sounded like as well as improve the immersion.

Video link below:

As well as new motor & the inclusion of shoe rail clatter sounds , I've also included new Deadmans Handle sounds, Driver Brake & Reverser switch & Compressor sounds too.

Hopefully, these new changes will improve both the driving experience as well as the visual characteristics of this rather "antique" rolling stock.

Please feel free to leave any feedback below :)

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Doing the Lord's work, thank you for bringing this corpse of a DLC somewhat back to life.

• Like Like x 8
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Full kudos for this and means I might think about buying this again in the next sale.

However once again, shame on Rivet (and their DTG masters) for leaving yet another of their creations in a woeful state requiring the good people playing the game to actually fix it up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SprattyHeath

Hi all, just thought I'd mention that for anyone who plays the Class 483 on IOW, I've also applied my sounds to it as well. It will be included as a separate download in the 38EP if you wish to use it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Another of my posts from the mod requests thread can be ticked off. Thank you!

Now I can finally purchase the 1938 Stock, since I've been waiting with it until somebody would make a warmer green interior mod (as I already stated somewhere else).

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Baffling that DTG and Rivet can't just make a good product from the get go and leave their customers to effectively clean up their mess.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

How’d you get the new sounds? Aren't all 1938 stock trains out of service? Or did you modify or synthesis them?

8. SprattyHeath

The new sounds were from a 72 Stock, it was the closest I could get since I don't have any good recordings of the 38 Stock.

The idle sounds were slightly changed (courtesy of ItsYa165)

9. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear of this and I look forward to checking it out. I agree with the sentiment that it's shameful that Rivet have done nothing about it after all this time. And for the record, I don't expect them to hover like a butler offering to fix everything the community perceives is wrong, but the default sound in the train is simply dreadful. Long periods of silence, like no other tube train anywhere, much less one of 1938-vintage. I haven't actually completed a single run despite starting a half dozen of them, I end up just quitting back to main menu and going back to 72 stock.

Where/when will be be able to download this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SprattyHeath

It'll be available on the TSC website soon, just got a few other things I'd like to adjust before getting it uploaded.

• Like Like x 1
  11. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

This is the mod that I check TSC for literally every day. You are a hero, my friend - the ‘38 stock and the IOW stock are unplayable because of their sound.

Amazing that you’re doing this work - the video sounds absolutely beautiful and the screen caps of the updates you provided are stunningly gorgeous.

I can’t overstate this enough - thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Great job, I really like it. My only desire is to increase the noise of the car moving along the rails with the engines turned off.

13. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

A fantastic piece of work - thank you. I refunded the ‘38 stock (the only time I’ve ever done this for a TSW item) because of the complete silence for most of the journey. I’ll now be buying it again. You should be on commission…

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I second this, if possible. As others have mentioned, it's that complete silence in the original that ruins it. Any chance of bumping the engine off noises up a bit? Clackety clack, for example? No worries if you can't, from the sample you gave that's a world of difference already. Looking forward to downloading it when it's available.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SprattyHeath

Im not entirely sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

16. SprattyHeath

Are you talking about the camshaft clicks you hear during acceleration? If not I can't do it as there no sound cues or soundfiles added to it unfortunately.

17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think the reference is to the bogie/track "run" sound, either the clickety clack of jointed track or the swoosh of welded rail, plus running through points and diamonds.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SprattyHeath

Ah that, right.

Yeah unfortunately if that is the case then it cannot be changed as that would require me to edit the sound cue files, something which I do not know how to do at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Yes, right. I meant the sound of a cart running on a rail. When you turn off the engine traction, the car moves silently in the tunnel.

20. SprattyHeath

• Like Like x 5
  21. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Excellent work - thank you again! One question for you - is there any way to adjust the spatial audio so that when you sit in the motorman seat the audio is the same as when you’re standing up? The audio is much more pronounced when standing (even at the seat).
    Thank you again - amazing job!

22. SprattyHeath

I'm afraid I don't know how to do that as it would require changing variables etc within the editor and I haven't grasped it yet.

23. orb

orb Well-Known Member

I captured a couple of screenshots to compare the interior colors side by side in the same lighting conditions without the mod and with it. I thought it could be useful for others if I upload them in this thread.

(Note that I use custom color/shadow/light configuration in Engine.ini, so it may look a little different on other systems.)

01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

• Like Like x 2