G6 - Transport Four Db Br185 - Gevelsberg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hyperlord, May 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

I really like the G6 but one thing drives me crazy. Can't finish the "Winterliche Rettung" (crashes all the time) so I think I haven't learned what's required to finish the last but one task in the journey - taking four BR185s in multi-traction along.

When the job begins the text states you really should loosen that handbrakes. I think I'm not sufficient here since I hear a clear "drag sound" when beginning to move and ultimately the journey ends after the 5 minute scheduled stop 8km before Gevelsberg. I'm not able to climb the hill, stalling.
    And I think the problem is the 2nd G6 and none of those 185s
    I tried it like four times and this time I uncoupled everything except my loco on the hill. Out of frustration.

I paused the game and ALT-Tabbed now to write this post ;-)

So, to be clear, in every 185 I moved the reverser to "neutral", pusehd the release handbrake button 5 seconds and moved the reverser to off. Odd enough the thing seems to still making noises. Shouldn't those locos not be disabled at all!?

I miss something here

2. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

I don't have the G6 but do you have overhead wires available? If yes just setup a 185 and push your train over the finishing line :)

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You need to get into each BR185 and push and hold the "release handbrake" button on the back wall, if you want to be extra sure check if the battery and reverser are in when you do it, but it shouldn't be needed

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Is there anything I could have missed with the 2nd G6 (slave)?

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Don't think so, I think you only need to set the switch to slave