Lucerne Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, May 14, 2022.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Is Lucerne route worth getting on series x. Are there many bugs etc

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What is there is not bad, after they fixed the ETCS problems it's enjoyable, but to be perfectly honest the gameplay is rather limited and flat, the Flirt is also a bit boring to drive, it's a very generic train. The route is fairly short with only two kinds of services, a 15 minutes express service and a 30 minute stopping service, and that's it.

There aren't many bugs and what is there is fairly well done, but I'd recommend to watch a few YT video and figure out if that gameplay is fun for you. I hate to admit that after a few runs I went back to the BR423 S-bahn Köln services.

• Like Like x 2
  3. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Thank you for reply

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I agree with FD1003. It's nice and there aren't too many bugs. But the gameplay is limited. I like it a lot and have played it loads, but, it's my most local route. So that's probably why I enjoy it, I think if it was elsewhere and I had no personaly link to the route, I might get a bit bored.

As for the scenary, it's good and quite accurate. There is a lot of detail missing in Luzern like shops at the end of the platforms, a sculpture and the main PIS Boards, but what is modelled is really quite good and instantly recognisable. I don't know all the other stations on the route, but the ones I have been to are really well done and represent the real stations well.

I personally enjoy the run into Luzern. The scenary is quite a good representation and I do really feel like I'm on the train.

As for the sound. Having been on the actual train. I'd say it's good but not brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

If you like modern trains and scenic environments then the route will be a good choice. There aren't many bugs, performance is good and it's easy to drive as it's a modern vehicle. Not high speed but not slow either, somewhere in the middle ground. The route itself is a tad short and one run can be completed in 30-35 minutes, but what's in there is decent. If I recall correctly, it also doesn't cost as much as some other routes, so overall I'd say it's a decent purchase.

• Like Like x 1