There's Something About Ntp And The Class 45...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Apr 15, 2022.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

So basically,what you are saying is that the Germain railway is part (or was part, during the occupation after WW2) of the British Railways

2. rat7_mobile

yes I know there are 2 101, and both are British Railways, ok ne with a 16 gears transmissions, and the other is electrical with a 10 gear transmission

3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I am amazed the first distinction you make between the German and British 'Class 101s' is the amount of gears they have.
    black-man-with-hands-in-different-sides-confused-man.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That's not what he was saying.

As the OP of this thread it is specifically about the British NTP route and the BR Blue era, as in British Rail. There is no requirement to discuss German routes which yes we know can also be described with a "BR" prefix.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

This was a nice thread for a while, shame a troll derailed it. A name for the ignore list, and move on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. rat7_mobile

thank you for the insult, I am trying to make sense of all the BR you have here, as there is the BR = British Rail in the UK, and then the BR = British Rail in Germany

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...nd-other-rolling-stock-classifications.41349/

BR does not designate a route or infrastructure in Germany, unlike BR in the UK.

This thread is also very obviously discussing British Rail, which does not exist in Germany.

If you did not know, fair enough, but the link to the thread I have provided will explain the DE ‘BR’ terminology.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No, there is no "British Rail" in Germany. In DB usage, BR is an abbreviation for Baureihe or "build series," in other words it designates the loco's model number or class.

UK: BR Class 101 (British Rail Class 101, a diesel multiple unit)
    DE: DB BR 101 (Deutsche Bahn Class (Baureihe) 101, an electric locomotive)

• Like Like x 3
  9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. rat7_mobile

Thank you all for the good information you provided, when you like trains but do not know much about it, it is sometime very hard to follow the discussions in the forum
    Once again thank you very much to all

11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Ultimately Sales and i suppose they can see via their database by looking at RT stats at what route(s) are being played.

Hentis

12. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

NTP is screaming out for one of those junctions to have a branch line on it!

• Like Like x 6
  13. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I had put it to one side so as to speak waiting an update to bring in line with others. To be honest the timetable needs beefing up on the junctions as it's quite predictable each run at the moment. If I spend any TSW2 time it's usually on a German route as the variety and route are to current standards. People would play it more if there was more to play otherwise end up elsewhere. London commuter doesn't do it for me these days but the sheer volume of traffic is great to see. Leeds and Manchester Vic in the 80s had constant processions of trains in and out and a lot at night. I would happily pay for a beefed up time table similar to what the Koln Aachen route has. The route though probably needs a new loco to get more interested. The obvious one would be an unrefurbished 37 which could be on cement hoppers which exist already.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

All of which would be irrelevant, thanks to the difference in content scope & playerbase increase.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Random question but did the 121 run on NTP or TVL?

16. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge at least, I think they were mostly Western Region units but I think some did get further away as part of Network SouthEast but not to the North of England I don't think. I'm sure one of the resident 1st Generation DMU experts on here will give a more informative answer than I though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

The 121 did not run on NTP, but its sibling the 122 did.... kinda. There are 2 cases the 122 being used on the route, the first one is well not really on the route persay but a Class 122 was allocated for the Stockport to Stalybridge services and so would make an hourly or so appearance at Stalybridge. The other time would be there was a route learning DMU which for a time was a 122 and so made fleeting visits on the line albeit not in passenger service...

So not really... I would highly doubt a 121 ever made much of an appearance if any on TVL, and certainly not in the time period the route is set.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thought I’d post a little update regarding my previous comment!
    I promised to give NTP (and the Class 101) a chance, and I just did that tonight. Replayed the tutorial after not touching it for more than one year, and I was immediately quite pleased as I noticed some degree of similarity between the lapped Class 101 brakes and those found on many of the US locomotives in the game. The gears also didn’t cause any problems - in fact, the shifting process felt quite smooth and satisfying. It’s a great feeling to be able to confidently drive such an old and manual train, and to be able to consistently stop just 1-3 meters away from the marker while staying on schedule. Completed two scenarios without difficulties!
    Next, I’ll give the other two included locos a try :D

• Like Like x 7
  19. OldVern

The only caveat I have about the 101, apart from the default sounds, is that in Notch 4 through gears 1 to 3 it is a little overpowered and accelerates far too quickly. If I keep the power in Notch 3 the acceleration is more akin to how I remember when travelling on this or similar DMUs. So not that for a moment I expect DTG will revisit the physics on such a veteran asset, but it could really do with a bit of modification or tuning on Simugraph to to tone down the throttle efficiency.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Do you know what throttle settings are supposed to be used for normal acceleration? Perhaps drivers use up to notch 3 for regular use (just playing devil’s advocate).

21. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The 3 car 101 with the trailer in TVL accelerates much how I remembered them. Maybe the power twin (2 car) is a little quick. Drivers would have gone to N4 when going up to linespeed but I leave it in N3 for gears 1 & 2 when driving the power twin.

• Like Like x 1
  22. OldVern

Perhaps it is correct then and my memory is not what it was!

• Like Like x 1
  23. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing these details, will keep them in mind next time I drive the 101. The acceleration in Notch 4 was indeed quite quick. Felt a bit like driving a manual car, even though I was piloting a (comparatively) massive train! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’ve recently been playing through all the scenarios on NTP. There are some instances where you’re tasked to do depot moves with the Class 45/47. I was then quite disappointed to found out that these depot moves are not present in the timetable. It’s just around 30 services for each train, all of them going from one end of the route to the other. No empty stock or depot moves. Are these present on the route and just not shown on the timetable?

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No. Scenarios are independent of the timetable and run bespoke traffic.

26. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Of course. I am completely aware of that. I was just disappointed that no depot moves with the Class 45/47 were included in the timetable.

• Like Like x 2
  27. meridian#2659

With rush rhour dtg has improved a lot when it comes to a.i services and keeping things busy.

So beside the preservation update the northern trans pennine deserves for sure another loco dlc and a gameplay dlc pack on top.

They could add depot services there.

• Like Like x 3
  28. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

Class 25

• Like Like x 7
  29. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Definitely, the 25 was always at Manchester Vic for banking and helping out with stock to red bank etc as well as trip freights both sides of the pennines. The other two loco types missing are the 37/0 and 56 which would be on various freight flows with the 56 mainly on Coal MGRs. DMU wise it needs a 108 or 110 or 104 to change things up. I doubt though with the job stopped for steam at the moment that NTP will see any such DLC and will stay that way.

30. meridian#2659

Yes. So many ideas about that route for enhancement:

Loco Dlc class 25:
    Gameplay DLC with class 31.
    BR Class 37 br blue (not the 37/5) with a new freight wagon
    Gameplay dlc with 2 new wagon and new services

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  31. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Looking at these images reminds one - a country such as the UK should have been ashamed to have equipment in such condition...

32. meridian#2659

Thats a little of dirt..., doesnt mean they are in bad condition. Wash one of those merry go round Locos, it looks exactly as before after 1 day.

Post Edit: Those images of the 25 are taken in the year 1985 / 86, so their days are counted anyway.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  33. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  35. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  36. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

The class 20 has more services than that, you have to change the livery and it subs for the class 37 services

37. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I said, so I don’t quite see your point:

38. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Can't find your original post, NVM