Next Rivet Route Speculation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by highland beastie, May 20, 2022.

1. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

It's been around 2 months since Luzern-Sursee released so I think rivet must be working on their next route, so I was wondering what could they be working on? I expect it will be a British route based on that rivet seems to be doing a British, Swiss, British route pattern. I think it will be a Scottish route, as Rivet are Scottish based and are yet to do a Scottish route (though they did help with Cathcart).

They also may have put a hint in Luzern-Sursee, as they did this with a picture of Luzern in WCL, though I can't check this as I don't own it.

But it could end up being a loco DLC as they haven't release one of those in a while.

So fell free to post what you think it might be, or any hints you've found.

• Like Like x 2
  2. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I hope they first fix flirts headlights and sounds. After that Im happy for anything which is not UK/US/DE...

• Like Like x 4
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Suburban Glasgow or the Glasgow Subway with ATO new system is CBTC overlaid on ETCS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Please no more rivet UK routes.

• Like Like x 9
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Rivet should focus on fixing their previous routes instead of trying to make more garbage. The state that some of their dlc's are in are just terrible.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 19
  6. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

Absolutely 1000000% agree with this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

hope its UK and diesel. otherwise i'm in for a long wait

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

It's probably best if they steer clear of uk diesel trains and routes after what happened with west cornwall

• Like Like x 4
  9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I wish Rivet would put WCL right before issuing another lousy pathetic route. West Cornwall Local is so disrespectful to St Ives, Penzance, West Cornwall and to the Cornish people who live in and know this wonderful and beautiful place. Rivet’s WCL route. like some in the past, is totally shambolic and needs correcting before attempting future routes. I won’t be buying any more Rivet routes until West Cornwall is improved.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  10. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

A five kilometer Liechtenstein route.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Its likely to be a really short route with a lot of scenery. Since, we visited Swiss already the next one is likely to be a UK route. But it might also be a loco DLC as we haven't had that in a while.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i bet something from uk maybe manchester around

13. driverwoods#1787

You mean the Buchs Feldkirch Line with PZB LZB Sifa run by OBB. Should be left to another Third-party developer to make the Buchs Feldkirch Line. The line is connected to Bludenz Feldkirch Lindau Germany St Margethen Switzerland Three country route. ETR610 on the St Margethen Bregenz Lindau section. Reskinned MRCE BR182 the OBB 1116/1016 Bludenz-Lindau via Bregenz and Feldkirch. 1116 with Swiss Pantographs Buchs to Feldkirch via Liechtenstein Railjet/Nightjet.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Narrow gauge sugar cane line.

Well we can dream…

• Like Like x 1
  15. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Their 150/2 was an absolute disgrace from the physics and sounds point of view - who the hell models their unit on a diesel mechanical transmission when the real life is diesel hydraulic ? ? ?
    Many of the sounds and features are incorrect and their attitude and lack of fixes has been unforgivable I. The 8 months since release so they can model the moon for all I care. I won’t be buying any more of their stuff

• Like Like x 7
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Perhaps they will do Stourbridge Junction to Town with the Parry People Mover. Probably still make a mess of that though.

• Like Like x 4
  17. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I would like them to do the West Highland Line Extension (Fort William to Mallaig, similar to the TSC version), possibly with a Class 37/4 and a Class 156, but I really hope they don't make a mess of it and do the route the justice it deserves. Otherwise I can see them doing something a bit quirky like the IOW, something short but unique such as a welsh narrow gauge line or a subway line.

• Like Like x 3
  18. OldVern

No, not really Alex. Because otherwise there goes the best chance of getting a decent stab at one of the UK's if not the world's most iconic and scenic routes in the game.

19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Would love you see a 156, however if Rivet were to do this route it would probably end up in another recycled 37, which is quite an old model now, aswell as another botched sprinter.

• Like Like x 1
  20. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

For god sake forget UK routes for a while and try something new..... Enough of the three boring same s*t. I would be happy for anything else but not for uk/us/de...
    It's just enough Ive already started to abound tsw... Please give us some new countries.

• Like Like x 2
  21. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

This route needs to be set pre mid 1980s when the line still had a reasonable amount of freight services running, a modern day route would be dull

22. AirbourneAlex

Which is why DTG should help Rivet perfect it, Cathcart Circle is one of the highest quality routes because of such collaboration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. AirbourneAlex

Personally I don't think a lack of services is an issue, there's four trains per day between Fort William and Mallaig, along with two return Jacobite steam railtours (Black 5 loco DLC opportunity) with numerous shunting and short freight trips around the industries near Fort William. There's fewer services but lots of different service patterns - not simply a busy timetable where the same services are repeated every half an hour (Just my opinion - feel free to disagree).

24. AirbourneAlex

If they set it mid to late 80's, you've got the opportunity for a Regional Railways Class 156 and a Large Logo Class 37/4. Throw in some Mk1s (FK, TSO, BSO) and some freight wagons (PCA, OTA, YGH). The Class 156 would present the possibility of getting the simugraph for 2nd gen diesel hydraulic DMUs correct - thus being able to transplant this back onto the Class 150/2 (with slight performance modifications). I.e. two birds with one stone type situation. Seems logical in my eyes but probably won't happen.

Without straying too far off topic, I don't mind the Class 37 we have, it isn't perfect but still is fun to drive.

25. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

To be perfectly honest, I hope they never make anything again. It's always been, from the 204 with the incorrect simulation, to the 38 stock with no running sounds, complete rubbish.

• Like Like x 4
  26. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I with you on that James, Rivet have ruined so much that could have been good if they had given a little thought and work to put errors right. I hope they never produce anything again. We won’t miss them. Anything they do make I won’t buy in future.

• Like Like x 4
  27. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Just don't buy it? It's not like you're forced to pay for that?

• Like Like x 8
  28. OldVern

Yes but the problem is, with few third parties and no official route builder, as I noted earlier if Rivet build it then no one else is going to. Which means potentially having Fort William to Mallaig, St Moritz to Tirano any other iconic scenic route they might attempt that you can think of, only being in the game to Rivet standards.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I'd miss Rivet, both for TSC and this game. Their Swiss routes are two of the better ones available, and they plough a furrow nobody else currently is doing for TSW. Seems silly to hope for *less* content for the game you play, and just rude to hope they never produce anything again on a forum the real people behind the company are active in.

• Like Like x 2
  30. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Rivet has also a steep curve of things making better. I agree WCL and the 38 stock need the update they deserve, but im glad Rivet is an active dev for TSW, especially now we might get content when things slow down a bit at Dovetails side. Also Rivet was involved in Cathcart Circle, which is a very enjoyable route for me. Finally they are the only dev of all 4, which produces content for a different country than uk, germany and US.

The arosa line got an update and the luzern route is accurate and fun too.
    20211227_161741.jpg
    I recommend to visit the area, you will have trouble to find inaccuracies in rivets route.

So my speculation for Rivets next project is either Glasgow - Edinburgh or a part of the west highland route.

• Like Like x 3
  31. matinakbary

Correct. But: If Rivet does NOT build routes like St Moritz to Tirano, noone else will. Because DTG has no expertise with swiss safety systems, so I doubt they'll go into Rivet's field of expertise. Rivet is the only way, we could even have swiss routes. No other dev did switzerland yet. I think even for TS, Rivet is the only developer who did anything swiss.

And DTG has enough to do with US, UK and GER routes. They won't stop this pattern and they shouldn't! Because DTG needed several attempts until we can finally say: Actually, DTG is now a high standard route builder (at least for german content). So why should DTG start from scartch with Switzerland, when their first route wouldn't be much better than Arosa? Maybe even worse, because of bad understanding on how swiss rail operates?

So much about the swiss routes. Concerning UK routes, my point that DTG has no expertise is not valid. Of course, they do have. But then one has to look at the UK routes, Rivet has done. You'll notice, these are not really big chunky famous mainline routes, but rather smaller branchline-esque routes. which appeals to a very special part of the community who wants this kind of content. Again, I doubt DTG would do these "smaller" routes - smaller in lenght, also smaller in the amout of people who'd be interested into these kind of more "special" routes.
    Naturally, they won't sell these short and special routes as often as it would be feasible for DTG to do those routes. So again, a smaller dev team like Rivet is the right approach for these routes. Because for them it can be feasible. But not for a big company like DTG. So again, if Rivet doesn't do these kind of UK routes, nobody else will (of course we still await JT's first route announcement).

This doesn't mean that I am okay with the route and loco quality from Rivet. They have to be better at that. But comapring Luzern and Arosa, it's a step into the right direction. I can't compare their two UK routes as I don't own them, but I'd guess overall they got at least a little better. And that's the process DTG went through as well. Compare Rapid Transit at release vs Tharandter Rampe. That's a solar system of quality difference. In a good way.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Fair enough but not applicable to stuff like the 204. As much as it pains me to say it, I do hope Rivet stay far away from anything I’m actually interested in. If I saw a learning curve taking place, I wouldn’t be so hard on them but they’ve proven time and again that they can’t or won’t get physics right (completely wrong 204, IoW wheelslip, Arosa jumping when pulling away, WCL completely wrong 150). I didn’t even check Luzern, does the Flirt have problems with wheelslip or jumpy starts by any chance? (Serious question, I’m not being sarcastic.)

• Like Like x 1
  33. matinakbary

Not to my knowledge and experience. The safety system is broken tho. And some people criticize the sound but imo, i think the sound is okay.
    But yeah, i get your point. I wouldn't want to see Rivet doing a BR 103 loco DLC. I'd want DTG and/or TSG doing that. And that's of course the big minus for rivet - they have to get better at locos.

• Like Like x 1
  34. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Matinakbary, believe me I know their UK routes and a lot is missing. West Cornwall Local is by far their most inaccurate route and the most inaccurate in TSW2. As I have highlighted before there is tons of missing landmarks and their efforts do not resemble West Cornwall at all. Living in the area I feel it is disrespectful. Their Swiss routes are better but there is still a lot of missing content in them.

For me I am happy with their locomotives just concerned about their route building based on past offerings.

• Like Like x 1
  35. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

West Cornwall Local is one of the only TSW DLCs that truly disappointed me a bit, although I’m still happy I got it because it was 50% off. On the other hand, Rivet’s more recent releases (like Luzern-Sursee and the Arosa update) have been received quite well by the community.
    For their next route, I just hope that they don’t attempt to do too much. Taking a smaller route and trying to do it really well (Luzern-Sursee) might be better than releasing a lackluster mainline (WCL).

36. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Glacier Express route. Chur to Zermatt or even to San Moritz

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  37. Delta_Who

Luzern well received? Steam reviews put it at 45%. In fact, with the exception of the Arosa expansion (which was basically new liveries and a lights on rolling stock)... none of Rivets TSW releases have had a positive aggregate review.

In my brutally honest opinion, Rivet are just surfing on the reputation built from the AlanThomson Sim products. Pick an iconic route, and turnover with the cheapest amount of attention possible, and then conceptualize a variety of excuses as to why it wasn't done properly...

- Trees? Blame on Consoles
    - Water? Don't say anything
    - Sounds? We couldn't get any
    - Physics? They are fine, what are you talking about?

Worse still, now we're locked to whatever they have produced? So no decent Class 150 or Class 37/5 unless you get WCL. A good chunk of third-party approved content has been extremely disappointing so far.

• Like Like x 1
  38. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’d love if they’d expand their RhB lines.
    I want to open up the throttle which is something you can’t do on Arosa.

39. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

What really needs to happen is another DTG + Rivet collaboration. Just look at how detailed and accurate Glasgow Cathcart Circle turned out to be.

I have no idea why they don't want to help each other out again, as they both just seem to be working on their own products, which ends up being of questionable quality and accuracy.

• Like Like x 6
  40. tallboy7648

When DTG says that the community are sceptical about rivet games, that says it all really. The people who say that a rivet route is well received, they are in the minority who like what they release. Frankly it would be good riddance if Rivet were no longer a third party for TSW. They have shown that they don't care and will happily release crap products and won't bother fixing them for months. Yes someone may argue that they are learning, but then their dlc's shouldn't be $25-$30 if that's the case. Also they have had enough time to fix their dlc's but choose not to. Them being a small company is not an excuse. They just choose not too.

I think it would be better if rivet were a second party. Cathcart Circle is a nice route in terms of scenery so I don't see why they shouldn't do another collaboration again. They are just not ready to make highly authentic recreations of routes and trains from around the world as the route intros would suggest.

• Like Like x 4
  41. tallboy7648

Not all reviews lie though. That's like saying that the DB BR 187 shouldn't have mostly negative reviews or NASCAR 21 Ignition shouldn't have mostly negative reviews just because you may not agree with them

• Like Like x 1
  42. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree DTG need to get involved in correcting the Rivet route errors to make them look more authentic, especially WCL.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Delta_Who

You should, they are surprisingly telling, and often correlate to my own experiences. I've purchased the first three rivet releases.

BR 204 - Refunded
    Isle of Wight - Regretted
    Arosa Line - Refunded

• Like Like x 1
  44. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Make a loco dlc for one of the already released routes and use that opportunity to fix them up. Railfreight 47 with TTA tanks or something.

• Like Like x 1
  45. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

What a sensible guy you are Delta. I have deleted my Rivet routes to give me more disk space for better releases, like Harlem and Spirit of Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  46. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats a good suggestion. I was also thinking of extensions.
    Rivet could extend the Rhb network from chur to st.moritz, extend Wcl with falmouth & china clay or even extend their newest route from luzern to baar.

From my perspective its absolutley possible, since all of them have a rather low train frequency.

47. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the IOW, Arosa line is an enjoyable route, never really experienced the quick acceleration problem since I drove the prime over the same way I did on the Arosa line in TSC, SO the reviews are diametrically opposite of my experiences.

What I see in many of those reviews are people upset over minor points or unrealistic expectations based on their opinions of what the route or locomotive should be or pet peeves such as too short, not busy enough or you can’t do {filling in whatever} . While there are some well written constructive criticisms, they are few and far between, most are a rant and best read just for entertainment.

• Like Like x 4
  48. driverwoods#1787

There are two ways of doing that first is Sursee Olten gives access to Aem940 or Eem 923 Dual Mode Shunter due to Olten having a Coach yard. Rabe 503 502 500 Lausanne to Luzern via Sursee Olten IR. Luzern Baar compete S1 S-Bahn Luzern service with merger to Luzern Sursee and Sursee Olten for the S1 to run to Olten as S29 Turgi.
    These routes use ETCS Level 1LS or Level 0 with Integra Signum

49. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I've just gone back and played "Lucerne" as it's called on the PS5 download list. What a sorry state it's in. Rivet doesn't care about its product or its customers. I will NOT be buying another Rivet games route until they prove otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  50. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I was gifted WCL by a friend, and despite thinking I'd hate it's actually a decent route. The biggest issue for me is the braking on the 150, it needs turning down considerably. And then the only other gripe I've got so far is no working station PIS.

• Like Like x 3