Xbox Store

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TerryBalldriver, May 18, 2022.

1. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

Hi. I know Steam have regular sales and if an item is on your wishlist they will notify you that it is discounted. Does Xbox store work the same way? And what time of year do they have their sales? Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Hey Terry, last time if I remember correctly there was a sale was last summer around August, unfortunately we don't get nearly as much sales as PlayStation or steam does

• Like Like x 2
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

XBox has nigh-constant sales. Indie sales, DLC sales, Simulator sales, weekly XBLG discounts, and of course the big summer and winter sales. Just don't expect to see TSW2 in any of them, for "reasons"..

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  4. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Right.

We're told that Dovetail don't get many sales slots for their DLC. This isn't the only option, though - Dovetail ultimately set the price of their own product and could, for instance, temporarily lower the price of selected DLC on XBOX to compensate for the lack of sales slots. Unfortunately they don't seem willing to do that so we're stuck paying full price (or not buying at all) unfortunately.

5. blueghost

blueghost Member

You get nothing from Microsoft

6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It’s wouldn’t work that way unfortunately, the constant changes of price look real bad when there’s no announcement of sales, sudden unannounced rises when there not declared in sale look like a company squeezing for cash with no hold back

imagine seeing something for £12 not in sale and set base price, then it’s gone to £24 the next day with no warning or reason giving (either inflation has gone crazy or the company is desperate to drain)

I imagine there’s also legal and technical stuff doing this on top

also even if dovetail announced these changes it would just in all essence be a sale that looks shady by avoiding sales regulations

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

You can add any games, dlc to a hotlist/watchlist, but if the price changes you get no notification from Microsoft (Nintendo and Sony are the same). I manually check the hotlist (for each system) weekly, my Sony hotlist I can check on my phone.

In answer to ‘how often’ there is ALWAYS, some stuff marked as reduced in price. However it’s sometimes a bit misleading as it’s percentage discount is from the original retail price, so for instance Skyrim might be shown as 80% off at around £10, as the retail price was around £50. However prior to the sale it might have only been £20 as the game is quite old.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Until somebody at dtg figures out that the game they produce is theres and not a MS IP well never see another official tsw2 dlc sale.Why dtg allows MS to keep running rimshot over this whole tsw2 dlc sales business remains a ridiculous bit of nonsense.

9. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

You can add things to a wishlist on Xbox store. On each item clicking the heart icon will add it to your wishlist but as to whether it will inform you of sales I wouldn't know.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

Thanks all.

11. Princess Entrapta

The old supermarket trick of having something at an increased price for a period of not a day more than consumer protection law says it needs to be, in order to claim the regular day to day price it sits at most of the time is a "discount"

12. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

The wishlist does notify you if an item you like is on sale on xbox.i bought the BR 313 for 10% off earlier this year after a message from xbox.its not much but its something

• Like Like x 2
  13. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

We haven't had a proper sale since last summer where I got SEHS and the 465 since then there have been sales for the game and versions of the game but not specifically on dlc unless you count the tiny bit on gamepass.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I can't remember when it was, but I did manage to pick up Rush Hour for £8.99. It's nigh unplayable on my XBox One, but I have it for when I do finally manage to get a Series X.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bones.n.hombre

I have not seen this and find myself having to manually check my wishlist weekly.

Where, how are you notified?

16. Princess Entrapta

It's a bit buggy sometimes but they SHOULD show up in the notifications tab of your dashboard if you have wishlist notifications enabled.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bones.n.hombre

I went and had a look for it, and lo and behold I do have notifications turned on already but have never received a notification of a sale.

You’re right when you say it’s buggy

• Like Like x 1
  18. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

There's a small sale on right now, starter pack dlc for UK, USA and Germany £8.99 each.

• Like Like x 1
  19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Worth buying if you want the routes as they are on sale separately for £22.49. I haven’t got Tees Valley and will buy the base game again through the starter pack to save over £13.

20. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

You need to go through the Xbox store to see the deals though not through the game - just picked up the German edition and UK edition (I only needed the class 20, but still worth it)

• Like Like x 1