Horseshoe Curve - Multiple Units 3/1

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nockwurst, May 15, 2022.

1. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

If this has been asked before I apologize, I couldn’t find anything to help.

trying to do a run where I have 3 loco in the front, 1 in the rear. 84 cars.

I’m familiar with setup for 2/2, but is it different for 3/1? I set up as lead,trail,trail, and lead.

I can’t get the train to move. Am I just not being patient enough? I’m not getting any movement after ten minutes, does it take longer because of the manifest size, or am I doing something else?

any assistance is appreciated.

2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly on the procedures for American locos all locos must be set to trail unless they are the one you are operating

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I just hit the banking comn instead

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Use the banking comm. if it's 4 locomotives Banking comm enabled all locomotives the 3rd locomotive should be set to lead brakes released Generator Field On Fuel Pump On Alerter Off for the three locomotives. Unless required to take over the rear locomotive behind the lead. Also factor in Horsepower per Ton in some formations. If you have a GP38-2 try restarting the game to get ES44AC

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

1) Banking comm/Distributed Power only comes into play if there are one or more locos at the rear, separated from the lead engines.

2) in any MU (that is, locos coupled together), all trailing (uncrewed) engines should be set up the same way (engine controls off, brakes cut out/set to Trail 26)

3) In a distributed power situation, the rear MU should be set up a little differently, the "lead" engine of the group with engine controls on but the brakes still cut out/in trail. (Here the game's abstraction makes things a little different from RL)

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

I had missed the fuse for distributed power. The game definitely keeps you on your toes, as you never know in what state you are going to find each loco…