This Or Train Simulator 2018?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GMAN001, Sep 3, 2018.

1. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I bought Train Sim World for the XBOX One (Founders Edition) when it released and then upgraded to the deluxe edition. Prior to that I played quite a bit of 'Train Simulator 2018' on the PC.

Even now with the deluxe edition, I still can't help but feel that Train Simulator 2018 is a better game. And I'm always returning to play it instead of this. The major gripes I have with Train Sim World are the following:

- Lack of in-depth tutorials like there is in Train Simulator 2018 regarding braking, signalling and so on. Also when I play a new route in Train Sim World I have no idea how the signalling works since it's different for every country. Where are the manuals on the XBOX One version in regards to how the signalling works for specific countries?

- No zoom in feature in cab. I know it's there on the PC version, but this is a must for the consoles. I can barely see the signals or read the speed signs, and I have a 65" TV.

- No ranking on the missions. In Train Simulator 2018 you were scored according to how well you drove; how on time you were arriving into stations, driving at the correct speed, obeying all signals etc. This is lacking in Train Sim World and I feel like I can just speed and basically do whatever I want to get through the mission with no repercussions. It would be good to be rewarded somehow if you drive well and scored poorly if you drive badly. Bronze, Silver or Gold star rankings like in Train Simulator 2018?

There's also some other little nuances that bother me, like odd/missing sounds etc.

Anyway, I know the game is still early days, but I'm just putting my 2 cents in. At this stage, I am returning to play Train Simulator 2018 as I feel it's the better game (even though the graphics aren't as good). Maybe it's just the fact that a Train Simulator feels better on a PC? Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

I'd agree. However for me the graphical elements, the ability to walk on platforms etc outweigh the limitations. I think it is also fair to remember that content currently is limited for TSW which makes TS2018 more attractive and the devs are still learning how to develop for a new engine.

Also the fact that a train simulator game is actually available on xbox is impressive in itself!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Great to have it on the x box , but like many others I would like to see more, still I am a patient man.