No Amps Coming From Lead Loco

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thundakid23, May 23, 2022.

1. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

i in a service now its a 11.30 service on the sandpatch grade i have setup the lead loco engine on generator on and control on i have the valve set to lead or dead and the brakes set to cut in but i am not at all getting any amps from the lead loco does anyone have any ideas ? i am in the sd40-2 in csx livery withput the yellow paint on the bonnet

2. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Have you Generator,Fuel Pump etc on ?

3. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

hi thanks for the reply yes i do have all of those on and the the engines running and throttles on just no amps at all and the sand lights stuck on its the sd40-2 YN3B

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

"i am in the sd40-2 in csx livery withput the yellow paint on the bonnet"

The only SD40 without yellow ends is the Stripe version from the expansion pack

5. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

i had to restart the game to get it working looks like i cant take over a service with that loco after i finished a service from another loco as i was going back and forth so drive one loco to one end finish that then wait for another loco and drive that back to the yard where the turntable is

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Did you sit in the driver's seat? Until you do that, the game doesn't recognize that this is a player train.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

i did yeah when i entered the train i sat in the drivers seat first then started setting it up

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

9. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not sure it has been explicitly reported in a Technical Report thread or by a ticket to support. I haven’t done either myself, I just tested it out from that other thread to try and understand what the issue was.

11. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

it has been told to them ? if not ill submit a ticket in there technical section about this

12. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can you point me at a specific repro of it so I can test it out? I.e. where to spawn, what time etc.

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the original post that I linked above, the example service starts at 12:47 from the picture posted. I believe that is the service I tested it on too, and I spawned at 12.30 at Cumberland Yard West? if that’s what it’s called (I’m away from the game at the moment so can’t check), but any time before the AI that becomes that service enters the map should do. I believe spawning on foot prior to any SD40-2 hauled service enters the map as the AI will give the same result, as ericb had it on at least two services from what he posted in a couple of threads on the subject.

14. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

hi matt its when your on foot and when the sd40-2 spawns in from the ai dropping it off you outside the yard where the turntable is i tried it after i finished a 11.30 service first from my experience and also the rear lights on the sd40-2 dont work in a lashup at all and on the acw4400

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  15. DTG Matt

So I spawned in at 12.30 cumberland yard west, an SD40-2 train arrives on the main stopping at Viriginia Road around 12.35 or so.

I got in, set it up, and was able to take power and move no problem.

When you get a mo with your computer would be great if you can get me some more clarity on what's happening and how to reproduce the issue - thanks!

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I should clarify I tested this on PS5. Below is the description of what occurred after getting in the train (from my post on the linked thread above) which details the steps I did. I was also able to take power but the dial and HUD never showed the power, and then when increasing the power the train died and I could no longer take power. The only thing I can clarify before that is I had definitely spawned before the AI train had entered the map as I had suspected that may have been important to reproduce the issue. That may have been 12.20 not 12.30 because I started several times (earlier and earlier) to ensure it hadn’t entered the map yet. After that, it was as described below…
    So, in summary…

Spawn on foot before train enters the map (as checked on the 2d map)
    Enter train once it arrives, sit down and set up as usual - note that sanding light is lit
    When signal clears, take power up to notch 4 - no amps show on dial or HUD but some power is applied and train moves
    After gaining some speed, increase power to notch 8 - train loses all power, game over.

I can test again at some point but I am unable to get to the PS5 until later tonight.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DTG Matt

I'll try that on PS5 here then.
    Thanks Stujoy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

matt i have done a video on it for pc if you would like it ?

19. DTG Matt

It's ok i've reprodued it on PS5 - i'll try it on PC next :) Thanks all :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

thanks soo much for listening matt :)

21. mike.obrebski

mike.obrebski Active Member

I've had this happen to me as well. Had 2 engines up front and 2 in the back. I set everything up with correct controls upon leaving, and then at some point the lead engine no longer provided power. It was a descent and was in Dynamic Brake mode. I Stopped the train and checked the settings 1 by one, and stopped and restarted every engine.
    I got it working again without restarting the game, by stopping the engine cold, restarting and reconfiguring the settings. Still don't know why it happened. It's often not obvious if it's a bug or user error.

22. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

it happens as well when one is parked in the yard i go in it and the sand lights stuck on and cant do anything with it its a multi freight train in the yard where the turntable is its a sd40-2

23. mike.obrebski

mike.obrebski Active Member

-UPDATE-
    Running Powering America 2 scenario. When having to restart at last checkpoint or load a save game, both front locos don't provide any traction effort. The only way I managed to fix it, is to stop and restart both loco engines.

I think it may have just been the generator field switch being off on scenario reload from save or checkpoint

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  24. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

ive noticed in the sd40-2 the clinch field one in the manifest scenario the trailing engine needle doesn't go up at all when you apply throttle the generator field is off and engine run and control are off to i have a gp38 trailing after the stars and stripes scenario

25. thundakid23

thundakid23 Member

TrainSim-Matt the same thing is happening with the clinch field version of the sd40-2 on the sand patch grade when it goes to the same location from off the map

26. stevegad

stevegad Member

April 2023 and I'm also having this. It was fine last scenario (switch in yard - Cajon Pass) now nothing. Damn, it's a 2 mile shunt, each way, so I'm not happy having to start over.