An Xbox Sale !

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thomastl59374, May 23, 2022.

1. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Finally after what feels like forever.
    upload_2022-5-23_18-6-39.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

:o
    Surely not!!

3. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Defintelty getting Harlem! Great news thanks for posting it apparently I'm not getting Harlem

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  5. nockwurst

6. oxonboy

oxonboy New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. nockwurst

8. dentingboot

dentingboot Member

Apart from the base game, these are the only items flagged up as discounted by True Achievements. (No Harlem Line or Tharandter Rampe)

Attached Files:

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Wow and of these routes which one is best to Pick considering Harlem Line Bugs? I already have Rush Hour routes owned from the Winter sale. Between Harlem Line and Dresden Chemnitz which one is better overall?

10. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

Fantastic news. Already have the rush hour pass, picking up Sherman Hill and Glasgow. Don't see Harlem. That would be a pick up as well.

11. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

I know people go on about bugs, but Harlem is great, lots of variety of services and feels lovely. Well worth it. Dresden Chemnitz crashes for me constantly so I'd go Harlem

• Like Like x 1
  12. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Seems like the 313 is also on the discount list

Edit: london commuter aswell

• Like Like x 1
  13. ILied

ILied Active Member

All three rush hour routes even

14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. Glad you've seen the sale go live.

Have just checked, and it looks like there's been a mix-up in communication here. It appears Tharandter Rampe and Harlem aren't included, sadly. Asked the team to remove from the article. I can see both of these are planned for another sale in the not-too-distant future though.

• Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Are we talking months or weeks for Harlem and DCZ?

16. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about that and on Xbox series X does Dresden Chemnitz Tharandter Rampe crash. Provided you actually own one otherwise I'll take your suggestion of Harlem Line

• Like Like x 1
  17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I think you've fallen fowl to another "mix-up in communication" ruse here because given the fact that it's supposedly Microsoft who dictate when TSW does or does not have a sale then surely nobody at DTG could possibly know anything regarding future plans!

Without wanting to start any conspiracy theories or anything, the somewhat vague "in the not-too-distant future" does kind of suggest that this is entirely within a DTG controlled environment because you can't help but feel that if it was indeed a Microsoft thing then "soon", "very soon" or even a specific date would have felt more appropriate.

18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I mean... it is possible that MS gives DTG a schedule with all the possible sale windows and DTG can "take part" or "deny" if they want any particular sale active, which is how they told us it works. They said "we accept every discount opportunity Microsoft gives us"

Also not sure if Microsoft is cool about them sharing informations about the next sale, it can be that Harlem and Thardant are part of a bigger xbox summer sale (for example) and they don't want the dates to be shared early.

OFF TOPIC: I wish that in the future the DTG Store can become a second place where to get DLC, something like the MSFS marketplace... but then again not sure if MS would be happy about it, possibly a complete move from the xbox store to an- in-game store?

19. blueghost

blueghost Member

20. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

Yep I own both of them, I'm also on Xbox One so 8th gen for me at the moment until I can upgrade, so that makes a difference. So I'd probably change my answer if I was running series X

Harlem never crashes, but quite a few services have red light problems. But when it works though it's a top route, all stoppers, express, yard moves, really busy and the trains are decent quality for sound and feel.

Dresden Chemnitz us lovely too though, lots to appreciate and a good distance with the 612 DMU. It's just unplayable coming in to Dresden for me though, crashes every time. Series X would handle it no problems though so tough choice. If I had X I'd be choosing Dresden Chemnitz as I haven't seen any red light issues

21. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Still. A sale is a sale

• Like Like x 2
  22. pinxtonpaws

The problem is that what DTG say and what DTG do have been known to be two entirely different things so, looking at the broader picture, it can sometimes be quite difficult to fathom out which party are actually dictating the rules here. I'm not 100% sure of the dates but from vague recollection the last big XBox sale was in and around the time when Rush Hour was announced so it does seem highly coincidental that the next (and only one of particular note) sale should occur at a time when DTG are heavily promoting their next major update, Spirit of Steam.

So, that and the very unusual decision to chose Series X as the first platform to show a working SoS could just as easily be construed as DTG being highly manipulative in order to gain traction for product that may not sell too well without a little promotional assistance...and not Microsoft being bad people.

• Like Like x 1
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Oh definitely we have no way to know with certainty that's for sure.

But the fact is this particular case everything lines up:
    • DTG said MS gives them when the sales are, and DTG can opt in or out -> it's possible they have a schedule which is shared ahead of time
    • "Communication Error" -> they knew DCZ and Harlem were going to be on sale, it would have been stranger if they picked those two routes at random, they only got the date wrong
    About the vicinity to SoS and RH, usually summer (from my experience - together with the festive periods) is the most likely time at which things go on sale on xbox. This week my wishlist has had more games on discounts compared to the last few months combined. It's more likely it's just a sale period for xbox, which happened to line up with SoS, and I believe it was chosen for RH.

The game itself has also gone on sale (dare I say) relatively frequently until now, the big thing was that DCZ ans Harlem were on sale, which I believe it's the first time in months DLC have on sale, how does that help SoS?

If they run so many sales for steam and DTL store it must mean that they make more money (probably from more sales), why would it be different on xbox?

• Like Like x 2
  24. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

The 'comms error' in question was that were due to be included in another similar sale (the one I referenced), rather than this one.

The stream last week was on Xbox Series X, because we wanted to show it on a console, and it was a toss-up between PS5 and Xbox.

Nobody is 'bad people' - as you can see from other platforms, we try to take the opportunities we have available to us to elevate our content to more people (obviously discounting in the process). We've seen there are less opportunities with Microsoft, and that's absolutely fine. They've been at it a long time, and know what works for them. We'll keep knocking at the door though!

• Like Like x 10
  25. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Thank you thank you thank you for getting an Xbox sale finally!
    I'll be buying Sherman Hill and Glasglow! (I already own the three Rush Hours)
    I hope JD is correct about Tharandter Rampe, as I've been hankering to do some tilting.

Not mentioned yet is that the only train DLC I see on sale is the BR Class 313 EMU, also 45% off like the routes on sale. (EDIT: Sorry, looks like Jason mentioned it above!) I think I will also buy that now, as who knows when we'd ever see that on sale again, and it doesn't appear to be widely panned like some of the other train DLCs from over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  26. pinxtonpaws

Yup, fair comments...but just to clarify I was only offering an alternative viewpoint and nothing more.
    One thing I will stand firm with though is that considering the frequency of XBox sales it's just way too coincidental that TSW content of that quantity just happens to drop at key moments in it's development cycle. If you disregard items that carried over from the previous 'same games, different name' sale then those DLC's are actually part of a very small batch of new additions....what are the odds, eh :cool:.

Anyhows, enough said...swiftly moving on.

• Like Like x 1
  27. edhunterfc.cf

edhunterfc.cf New Member

As I've posted elsewhere, the starter packs for UK, USA AND Germany are on sale £8.99 each.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Bargain

29. driverwoods#1787

I got Ruhr-Sieg Nord from the Sale and in Timetable mode you have selected services that use Nahverkehr Dresden DB BR143. Also it comes with DB BR155 which itself is fun to drive. Can also be used on Nahverkehr Dresden if you force it to spawn automatically or manually. I just had a DB BR155 spawn for me 14:47 Röderau to Dresden Hbf Sggmrss freight.
    Cons no brake selector.

30. carolynalden

carolynalden New Member

I agreed with you.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  31. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Go ahead and check it out for yourself

32. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

Tharandter Rampe and Harlem Line are 55% off in this weeks sale on Xbox. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Those discounts have been amazing! I've never been so overwhelmed by how much content I have. I have just started playing TVL and Peninsula Corridor and now I have Harlem as well.

• Like Like x 1
  34. driverwoods#1787

Is Harlem LIne still bugged if not I'll go Harlem Line over Dresden Chemnitz? Basically playing it like LIRR from TSW2020. If bugged I'll go Dresden Chemnitz

35. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think they fixed a few services that got stuck behind red lights but not all of them - I'm following the journey mode and so far everything had gone smoothly, just about starter Chapter II

36. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Never had a crash on my Series X from that route.;)

• Like Like x 1
  37. bakedpotatos.jm

Actually it is way better than LIRR. ACES actually works correct and the physics and scenery detail are vastly improved from LIRR.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Idem. DCZ runs fine on XSX

39. driverwoods#1787

Based on that I opted for your suggestion of the Harlem Line MNCRR

40. driverwoods#1787

Spot on and I'm installing that Right now on Xbox Series X

• Like Like x 1
  41. dentingboot

dentingboot Member

2 Loco DLC on sale this week, both at 50% off:
    DB BR 155
    DB BR 182

£5.99 for each here in the UK

42. Mischief

Mischief Member

Nice of them to put the 182 on sale but not the route that you have to buy in order to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, managed to get them.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  44. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Is the flash sale only on pc. Just went to buy northern transpenine for my series x.but it's still 22.49 pounds. Thank you

45. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Richard, DTG have had a sale on for TSW2 products all this month and NTP has 60% off at this moment.
    https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/...n-trans-pennine-manchester-leeds-route-add-on

Microsoft is for Xbox only. DTG for pc only. Unfortunately if you want to play TSW2 on pc and Xbox you have to pay twice. Not fair but that’s what it is.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  46. richard cooper

Sorry if I am thick. Is £22.49 the price for trans pennine on console today ?

47. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Richard, yes, if you buy it via game pass, but if you want it on console, wait as some Xbox items Microsoft generally sell around this time of year. They normally pick a few different items each week. Not saying that NTP will be included and when the picky bits sale on at present will end.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. richard cooper

Thank you for your help

• Like Like x 1
  49. driverwoods#1787

Best way for the DB BR 155 (DR BR250) was that there was a previous Xbox sale for Ruhr Sieg Nord. Otherwise you must pay £25 for it as of now

50. bakedpotatos.jm

Last year there was a month long sale of 3 or 4 DLC per week in July.

We may see that again next week or this week. But we may not as well.

I'm just waiting for new DLC at this point as I already own all that I am interested in for what's already been released. Between this game and flight sim my series X is at 65% full.