Passenger View

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by robert, Sep 10, 2018.

1. robert

robert New Member

Why can't we also have a passenger view that can be switched to at random. This is one of the enjoyable features of TS2018. I don't want to ride a complete scenario as a passanger.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

3. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Why not?

• Like Like x 3
  4. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Theres actually a workaround to this issue, bothered me too for a while.
    Open the doors at the train station, press 3, move the camera into the cab and position yourself as you like while still controlling the train.
    Worked in RT but not in WSR because the train doors are unfortunately too narrow.
    Careful, camera resets you outside the train when you swap the camera view.

We have to be satisfied with this workaround, dont think theres a different way:/

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Why don’t you want to ride as a passenger?

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think he means he wants to quickly swap to passenger view whilst still driving the train. I do this sometimes in TS as you get different sounds compared to what you hear in the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  7. solon

solon Active Member

Yes, he wants the same gameplay as TS2018. I think it's possible for DTG to add a passenger view in the menu "camera shortcut view" as a new camera mode or add this option in "cab camera". But, i think also it's not a priority, there are many upgrade to do before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

I think if you sit in the other seat in the cab, then press the arrow keys, you can do that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Everyone has their own preferences on how to interact with a simulator. I always found it a bit strange in TS201X to be able sit in a passenger seat and respond to an AWS alarm. But it is no different than using the outside views while driving. Although I do like the more “first person” perspective of being able to get out of the engine to operate switches, walk around the stations and through the cars, the addition of a temporary passenger view while driving would not be any more immersion reducing than flying outside the cab on the camera boom :). I am a fan of the ability to be a passenger in TSW since I have enjoyed riding between stations and then taking my time to explore the fine amount of detail they used to create each station.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Tom0604

Tom0604 New Member

Yes want this type of cam also back as in Train Simulator times, when driving, just hit a key and enjoy driving myself and hearing the sounds from passenger view.

Loved it and miss it in TSW 2 totally... :-( Too boring just sit in passenger area and do nothing. For me it is great to leave and approach train stations when drving manually and see it from passenger window. Hope they implement it soon. Thanks DTG Clarkey

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I believe the Class 166 has it.