Return Some Of Conveniences Back To Ts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robert, Sep 10, 2018.

1. robert

robert New Member

In the earlier TS:
    1. After you completed or closed a scenario, you were returned back to the "Career" page or the "Standard" page, to the same route for that scenario. Now you have to navigate to the route once again.
    2. After closing a scenario that you did not complete (or did not like), An "X" was placed next to that scenario so that you knew that this was played before. Now only completed scenarios are marked. I have a very long list of routes and scenarios in my TS2018. Why must I repeatedly search?
    Does anyone remember these conveniences? Why were they taken away?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Yes Robert, I think of this every time I play.
    I often like to play a second or third scenario on the same route as it saves having to restart the game but it's such a pain being thrown back to the main menu now.
    As for the red X's that is another gripe of mine. Why did they have to go as they served a good purpose.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I honestly had not noticed these changes, but are they really so gruesome?

4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just as an aside - my grandchildren's school are no longer allowed to used red ink to mark a students assignment. The school board felt the red ink might upset the child and heaven knows we can't upset a child these days. So maybe DTG was getting with the SJW (Social Justice Warriors) in reducing the bad feelings one might get if they "failed" a scenario and so just sweep those failures under a rug as if they never happened by removing the red X. So now, don't we all feel better :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Agree with this. It's likely you can't "fail" a scenario, only not complete it...
    Of course, we can't have people actually being butthurt because they failed to control a bunch of pixels around another bunch of pixels, can we?

6. robert

robert New Member

I'm only asking that when I quit a scenario that I did not like, let's have it marked with the "X" (I don't care what color). This prevents me from choosing it again at some later time. Also, being pushed back to the main menu every time a scenario is finished is a real pain in the A.
    This is what we had. Why was it taken away?

7. LeadCatcher

I don’t understand the being pushed back to the main menu comment. When I finish a scenario, I get the scenario report then I can click on the career or standard tab and I am back at the Scenarios for the route I just completed a scenario for and do not need to traverse to the route again. I do agree with the X (whatever color - but red does stand out :))

8. robert

robert New Member

Please check that again! I just completed a scenario and got the report. When I click on career, it brings me to the top of the Career page. I then have to scroll through all of the routes to get back to the route that I was in. Earlier TS20xx were not like this. This was taken away 3 or 4 years ago.
    I wish someone from Dovetail, who remembers this feature, would reply to this post.

9. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

If you click on either the image of the route or the image of the train, you'll get a full list of everything you own, allowing you to quickly pick and choose a route that you may want to drive on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

I just did it -- was back to route where I just ran the career scenario -- So do not know why your system is taking you all the way out, It works on my system the way it always has and pops me back to the route that I just finished the scenario from. Pretty much the same since I started using TS back in 2013

11. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Are you using an old version of TS?
    I too am sent back to the main menu and have to perform a search to get back to where I was, it's very annoying when you are playing a two or three part scenario to have to hunt through the thousands of scenarios again.
    OK maybe not quite so dramatic but still annoying having to scroll scroll scroll for a few minutes instead of going back to where you were when you started.

12. LeadCatcher

Nope I am running the latest version of TS2018... in both career and standard - go back to the route for the scenario I just finished. Confirmed that was the case several times before I responded to Robert.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I finish a scenario on a route and I want to find the next - or a different one - I just click on the Route Picture shown then the Route Picture I want and chose the scenario

I don't start at the first route and keep scrolling down the page until I find the route I'm looking for.

Peter

14. robert

robert New Member

My TS2018 will not perform the way yours does. Mine was downloaded from Steam. Is that where you obtained yours? I can use the method that Peter uses but still have to scroll through seven "route" pages. My version is v62.8b (found on the "Settings" page).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  15. LeadCatcher

Yes my installation is from steam and that is the version number

16. robert

robert New Member

Well, I give up! I can't understand why mine functions differently than yours.
    It appears that Dovetail does not read these posts, since they have made no comments. I would still like to have the "X" returned on scenarios that I choose not to complete. Do I have to find Dovetail's Tech Support?

17. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Dead thread from 2018. Why are ppl posting about kids homework?

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

New member - I don't know if he is just spamming the post/forum

I had not noticed how old the previous post was :o

19. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Peter, you must write 100 lines, "I must take notice of how old some threads are before I post."
    On my desk by tomorrow morning. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was tempted to copy the text above and Paste it 100 times - but that would have been silly :)