Update For West Cornwall Local?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AirbourneAlex, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I did finally purchase the WCL, at 50% off in the sale, I didn't really intend to wait so long but between the amount of money I had and the long wait for a PC it seemed fairly pointless to pay full price this far down the line from release.

Now I can't comment much on the route itself, scenery-wise I'm unfamiliar though I do have the two mods which supposedly improve it (though to what extent I have no idea) but it is a nice fun challenging drive with all the inclines.

Now as for the trains again I can't physics-wise as I have little knowledge in that regard but I can say in regard to the 150... I get it. I lived in Manchester for three years and the 150s were among my most frequented trains during that time. I'm sure there are many finer points others have already picked upon which I haven't really noticed but the big issue, accelerating from a standing start the noise is jarringly absent, it actually seems to get quieter than it is when idling. I just find it incredibly unsatisfying when my ears expect a cacophony of noise and instead I get nothing. I certainly hope that if and when we see another Sprinter more consideration will be taken into such an iconic aspect of their sounds.

I will say the extra layers are a mixed bag for me I'm happy with the 101 and the 47 being on there even if the 47 isn't necessarily the ideal livery. The Mk2s being the wrong type does bother me slightly but I think with the somewhat disappointing nature of the main train of the route I'd rather have the wrong Mk2s on the expresses than no expresses at all but give them brake coaches, please! As for the 40 and 45... no, I don't want them on the route at all, it's one thing to add trains new types of service but with the 40 and 45 it's just adding trains for the sake of adding trains where they don't belong and I say this knowing full well that those two are among my favourite locomotives in the game. The Tees Valley 37 being an option on the route is a nice touch too but it does seem a bit weird that these can't be used on the engineering services on the timetable.

As for looking beyond Cornwall, I hope the WCL 37 is enabled for the Tees Valley Line and some engineering runs or having the wagons as the scenery on that route would be a nice touch for future updates. However, I don't want to see the 150 on NTP and WCL, not because of the disappointment of the train but because it would not be appropriate to do so.

Oh, and as a pie in the sky idea, a 'Diesel Legends' style 1970s timetable for WCL with the various pieces of Blue locomotives and rolling stock would be great fun.

Overall, although I do think I will find plenty of enjoyment from this route there are areas that fall short of the mark for me, in particular, the 150 sounds and the rather confused layering which will probably stop the route from being in my go-to list which NTP and TVL firmly dominate.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

I would love to see that. We already have a blue 'Western' in the Diesel Legends DLC, a 'correct; class 47 (i.e. no high intensity headlight), a class 45 and blue/grey mk 1 coaches and WCL suddenly becomes more interesting. Even better, give us a class 50 as well...

• Like Like x 4
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

And a class 118 for the St. Ives branch.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Warspite

Warspite Well-Known Member

Of course!

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just revisited West Cromwell and was wondering what all the clamor was about, so found a cab ride video from Penzance to Truro with a 150 and loaded up a service of the same. Was pretty impressed with the route, from what I remember from early comments, many didn’t like the amount of tress, but the real life cab ride was pretty consistent with the amount of vegetation. The interesting fact was the acceleration on the 150 kept paced with the cab ride video. I can’t comment on the sounds since I have never seen a 150 and the video was without sound.

I did notice that whistle signage was missing and after Truro, the sim goes to a single track while the cab ride video remained double-tracked throughout. Not sure of when/if this change was made, the cab ride video was from about 4 years ago. All in all it was a blast driving along side the cab ride video and seeing how accurate the route is portrayed. Yes there was some artistic license taken in some line side buildings, but many that were pretty close.

Anyway am enjoying the route a lot more after viewing the cab ride videos and seeing the route is a better representation than many of the comments here within would lead one to believe.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Tank621

We really are in need of more BR era multiple units, we've got quite a few routes now which would really benefit from them

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tank621

To get a vague impression of the noise that's missing on acceleration here's a random YouTube video, just to get the idea.

• Like Like x 4
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The line was singled by BR in the 1980's I think but was re-doubled by Network Rail in 2004 if I recall.

The class 150 looks like a nice model both inside and out, there is no argument about that. However as someone who commuted on them for years, they have totally messed up the way the sounds are implemented.

It sounds fine at idle but when pulling away it sounds totally wrong, if you don't know what they sound like then you won't notice and you will be able to enjoy the rest of the model, however for those of us who do know how these very distinctive sounding DMU's sound then it totally ruins the experience.

I imagine it would be the same if an American loco had the completely incorrect sounds, I wouldn't have a clue and would also wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Like Like x 7
  9. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The line was doubled again as part of the year 2000 celebrations. To enable an increase the number of train movements after years of cuts!

10. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

thanks for all the feedback in here - we do take that seriously. We're not working on any updates for now - that doesn't mean that we'll never will.

It's very interesting reading through the different opinions here - especially on the timetable layers bringing in the NTP pack.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 7
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

No updates sadly means no rebuy.
    I could live with the great forest of Cornwall and the Winterfell tree stumps, but not the 150 sounds and physics without heavy modification.

• Like Like x 6
  12. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

Never understood why they didn't update the Great Western Diesel Legends DLC to provide an early 1970s timetable for this route. All the key locos already exist.

Can we hope for a GW steam DLC at some point? It would work for this route and the WSR.

13. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Jasper_Rivet. I am one who is bitterly disappointed with your work on the scenery design which is so disrespectful to the Cornish people, with so many important landmarks missed or incorrect, which is disgraceful. West Cornwall Local must be worked on and very much improved, as it is not good in it’s present state and that reflects poorly on the achievements of Rivet Games, showing your company up in bad light imo. If you cannot make the design to look right, accepting it as it is, is totally unsatisfactory and a blight on Dovetail Games, who have produced far better than the WCL.

If you cannot improve it, then you should reduce the price as others spending £24.99 are going to be greatly disappointed with the product and those that have purchased it, deserve better for the price paid.

Jasper, it is good of you to respond to the thread, but I have to say that having purchased all your routes and products in the past, I reluctantly will not be purchasing any in the future until WCL is brought up to a proper standard or your future offerings are massively reduced in price in a sale.

As Old Vern said. You have made the beautiful location of West Cornwall look like a forest!!! Just Trains are enhancing their Metropolitan route on TSC and I will pay for that and happily pay to receive a RIVET WCL update if it is put right.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  14. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

+1 I found exactly the same thing when I was watching cab ride videos, there is a lot of vegetation next to the track in most places. In fact there is a section just south of Hayle where the trees actually form a canopy over the tracks, I added that in and took the weird tree stumps out :) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.1822792,-5.4270643,495m/data=!3m1!1e3

15. dave from Cornwall

Yes, there is a lot of vegetation...

Its a case of the wrong vegetation. Cornwall has a lot of gorse. So where there is real vegetation, Rivet have put stuff in, yet they have put in forests where there are fields of gorse and heather.

Look at Carn Brea on google- its a gorse/grass/heathland with granite outcrops. On WCL its a forest!
    Thats my grumble!

• Like Like x 3
  16. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

A highly positive thing about wcl is the china clay class 37 with the departmental wagons.
    I actually use them a lot on other routes.
    Below the pics of a west somerset scenario i made after the wcl release. Basicly its about a diesel gala with a show about track works at washford.

TSW2_Meridian_WSR_Construction_Part1.jpg

TSW2_Meridian_WSR_Construction_Part2.jpg

TSW2_Meridian_WSR_Construction_Part3.jpg

I would be interessted in a civil engineers / departmental dlc pack.

• Like Like x 5
  17. OldVern

Also this route is set in the 90's. Generally back then BR and the evolution into Railtrack kept the lineside much tidier than the tunnel of trees effect many railways exhibit in the current time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. dave from Cornwall

Network Rail has in the last 12 months done a lot of decluttering of trees along all the lines.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Not the memory I have tbf, I recall my local line (Hull - Scarborough admittedly not a mainline) being rundown and overgrown as BR maintenance budgets slashed, Railtrack didnt exactly improve things as their general lack of maintenance ultimately cost them their business and thus Network Rail was formed.

Growing up as a child in the late 80s and early 90s my grandparents own the old Speeton Station on the Hull Scarborough building so I grew up playing on the old platform (which was fenced off from the railway and now was my grandparents patio) during many summers. Of course childhood memories arent always accurate, but I always remember the area around the house being overgrown.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

The fact that you are not resolving majorly flawed and catastrophic fundamental errors says it all really. Armstrong Powerhouse would never have made these shocking errors in the first place but if they did they would have rectified it within the week in most cases. Not to have any passion for the unit or making it anywhere close to real life is just unforgivable for us community members. No more purchases and the reviews will stay up for everyone else to see what a lousy customer service and lack of attention to detail this company has.
    I don’t play it in the game any longer. Way too annoying. This could have been incredible if you’d used AP sounds well. And took notice of their physics AND the videos I sent you. Disappointed, angry, frustrated, shocked and have given up.

• Like Like x 6
  21. dave from Cornwall

Ultimately peeps Jasper_Rivet has now officially confirmed that the DLC it is what it is...there is nothing changing or improving.

We need DTG now to step up to the plate and have that conversation with Rivet? DTG JD ?

Several of us within days of release highlighted some of the errors on Rivets board and this was "passed back to the developers". It could as well have been a black hole.

Hey ho.

D

• Like Like x 3
  22. OldVern

If Rivet are not prepared to fix such substantial issues, then DTG need to grow a pair and not accept or grant any more projects from them for TSW. They also need to consider handing the route and 150 over to their own Pres Crew and invoice Rivet for the work done.

• Like Like x 8
  23. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you guys.

It is so worrying that RIVET have virtually confirmed that they are incapable of correcting this route. It was disgraceful of them to have released it in the first place. I was overjoyed when it was announced and as my local route I wrote to them at the time and said then they had to take their time, care and effort to get it right. I never believed that they would be incapable of reproducing West Cornwall accurately, but that is what they have done. They have made a shambles of a beautiful area.

Like a book has a proof reader to correct the mistakes, this route should have been veted in the same way. It should never have been released in this format and Rivet have lost a lot of respect in the industry for failing to deliver a route sin-ominous with the area. Now to say that is it, is totally disgusting and disrespectful to the Cornish landscape and it’s people who live there. It shows RIVET in a really bad way.

Come on RIVET, work hard now and put this right! IMO it is by a long way the worst route released in TSW2 and it makes the IOW look good. Do something about it RIVET and bring the scenery up to standard it should be!!!

• Like Like x 3
  24. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Hi Jasper

Do we take it from this that you are not even doing bug fixes? So things like the stopping positions being in the wrong place so that half of the train is out of the station and half of the platform is empty, and the line speed being incorrect on the St Ives branch, will just remain?

A decision not to make enhancements I can understand - that’s your choice - but releasing a product with bugs and then refusing to fix them (even when it’s something quite simple to fix like that) is not acceptable.

• Like Like x 8
  25. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

To say that you are not working on fixes to this route and making it correct, shows exactly what sort of company and after sale support you have. It is terrible so clearly you don't take it seriously. You should have asked for help when implementing the sounds prior to release.

I and other users of this forum and your own Rivet forum offered you official recordings and support and you chose to totally ignore us. The worst part is that this is almost fraudulent the fact that you continue not to work on fixes to the class 150. I mean what exactly have you been doing since your last DLC release, cleaning desks and taking a holiday? All funded by us having to purchase shoddy DLC which we then can't get a refund for. You should never have made a route that you didn't bother to visit yourselves or try to take a trip on the locos that you are designing in game.

I feel that if this is your sort of after sales attitude, a lot more users should boycott you. It is disgraceful that you apparently take the matters seriously, when in fact you appear to be less enthusiastic unless it is a Swiss route.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  26. ghawk2005

Well said Alex. I feel the only future we have for the 150/2 being remotely usable is to plead with DTG to take over the project and reassign or re-mix AP’s sounds properly, and re-do the physics from the ground up with accurate acceleration, gearing, throttle behaviour etc. After parting with £24 we should be entitled to this at the very least, but I would even pay £5 or £10 for an upgrade as long as that money never enters Rivet’s account and goes 100% to DTG for the hard work they would put into to repairing Rivet’s shambles.

I agree with the boycotting too. If these were a car trader that failed to fix a car if it was full of breakages after sales they’d be taken to court. ‘Not fit for purpose’ & ‘not as described’ etc etc

• Like Like x 5
  27. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

DTG need to grow a pair and stop any more DLC from this company until they meet minimum standards and fix broken releases. The behaviour of Rivet is damaging the reputation of the whole Train Sim World product.

• Like Like x 3
  28. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Which one is it then?
    This is surprising... no-one.

• Like Like x 2
  29. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i like the route but the train class 150 needs a sound update and the possibility to look outside the train with the arrow keys..?
    as a company to announce to not making updates or maybe...is confusing
    i started to trust rivet and got myself 2 routes and the BR 204 and this anouncement is not that what i want to hear.
    isn it better to update from time to time the own product like other companies do even after a long time ?
    imagine u would use win 7 and and say i dont wanna update my system i can browse and play some games thats enough.

• Like Like x 2
  30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain you'll not go back and work on an update & that's why I refuse to buy any of you're work on TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  32. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I commented elsewhere that on paper WCL doesn't really have a lot going for it. Town/city details are very poor, trackside buildings generally look like they've been simply plonked on a green surface, trees are massively overused and all in all it just looks and feels incredibly low budget....but oddly I really like it!

My approach to all TSW routes is always to set levels of expectation to low and see where it's immersive qualities take me...and probably by unintended chance WCL did surprise me in one department - the Class 101. In order to fully relate to what I'm playing the train/route combo has to feel absolutely correct and much like the equally as visually uninspiring NTP I have to admit every aspect of this route (from driving the train to riding it as a passenger) ticked a lot of boxes with the 101. It just feels so at home driving up and down those rails.

I know everyone has different requirements for the routes they play and I get it that from a visual point of view Cornwall hasn't been well represented, but any TSW route does have a 'get what you're given' feeling to it and you do tend to make the most of them regardless of their shortcomings. It just so happens that for me personally, intended or otherwise, WCL did a decent enough job of creating that feeling of being there so it's shortcomings were largely forgiven.

• Like Like x 2
  33. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I do agree - the excellence of the 101 covers a multitude of sins, on more than one route. It’s little commented upon because it’s been available for so long, but whoever created the 101 deserves a medal.

• Like Like x 5
  34. mr-woodapple

mr-woodapple New Member

I get it, you're really upset about what happened with WCL. And I can truly understand that - I would probably be very upset if Dovetail didn't catch the right feeling for any route around Dresden/Frankfurt, just because I know the area very well. But that's the point: You have a certain feeling for a certain place (because you live/work/whatever in that area) - which is subjective (I'm not talking about missing lighthouses, the cathedral in Truro or stopping markers at the wrong place btw!).
    To be honest - I enjoyed the route (as an individual person). But I'm not as familiar with what the scenery looks today as someone who lives there - and let's not forget that the route is set in 1990, keeping the good chance that things looked different back then.

But if it's soo bad - why didn't you just refund it after you found out that it's bad (2 hours are really enough for that I think)? The Steam team is usually very helpful (don't know how that's handled on consoles).

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm Jasper, working for Rivet Games as their Community Manager. This is my private account however, so please don't confuse me as a personal individual with the Rivet Games company. That's two different things and I hope you folks understand that.

• Like Like x 2
  35. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Refunds on consoles aren't as easy. Microsoft tends to not give refunds if you refunded many products it seems.

Whilst I haven't bought this route, what I don't understand is why tell players to refund the product instead of trying to improve the route as much as possible. Yes rivet are a small company but that isn't an excuse to deliver a product like this and not have any updates planned to try to improve the route as much as possible. This game is regarded as having highly authentic recreations of routes and locos from around the world and whilst the modeling of the 150 is lovely, the route itself just isn't authentic and the sounds of the 150 despite being AP sounds aren't great which some have said is because of the physics not being right apparently. Now nobody is gonna get something 100% accurate. That would be impossible. But the fact that there are so many missing landmarks despite community feedback is suprising. Sure it's the 1990s but there would be ways of figuring out what the area looked like at the time and what landmarks were there. Rivet could've asked the community for help and there would be people who wouldn't mind doing so.

Rivet should focus on improving their dlc instead of just rushing to the next one. It makes it seem as if you don't care how the dlc releases and will just chrn out dlc for money and run away with it to the next product. If you just sit and do nothing, it will reach a boiling point. That's kinda why the Open Letter To DTG thread was made because players weren't seeing improvements with some of DTG's products.

Your company makes really good products in TSC yet it isn't really reflected in TSW2. Yes you guys and gals are probably still learning and there is nothing wrong with that but then I don't think your content should be costing $25-$30 then for experiments as if your customers are paid beta testers. Sure you may not be familiar with the area but that isn't an excuse to make routes with important landmarks missing or inaccurate when there are ways to make the product as close to how it would be in reality. When DTG says that the community are skeptical of you guys, that says alot really, and not in a good way.

I don't think Rivet should release any new DLC's for TSW2 until the company goes back and improve their older dlc's to the best of the company's ability. There is no reason to wait months to improve a product that is already released. If you can't do that, then I don't think Rivet should be making any content for this game again. Yes, new DLC's are necessary for the company to make money but there is no point to making new content when existing content is effectively neglected and a mess. There is no point when the community is skeptical as well. The criticisms Rivet has received are self inflicted and could've been avoided if you had just made a good quality product from the beginning in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  36. mr-woodapple

mr-woodapple New Member

Just because it seems that there isn't a clear cut between the two - the message above was from me as a person, not as a Rivet employee. Keep that in mind (and in your texts, please!).

Sure, developing for TrainSimWorld is a hell more complex than TS1 products, yet we as the players expect the add-ons to cost the same - isn't that a bit strange? And yes, I'm aware that we not only have PC, but the consoles now as well.

You're suggesting that Rivet should do less complicated routes - which is a valid point. Yet complexity often goes along with lenght. But if a company develops a short route, it get's a backslash anyway. See theres are a lot of things that are conflicting with each other (not only the ones I brough up here). And that's the point: A developer can only make an offer to you with the product he developed. And it's up to you if you would like to accept the offer or not. :)

• Like Like x 2
  37. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I think Tallboy (and pretty much everyone else outside of this mini conversation) is just suggesting that WCL isn't particularly authentic and it wouldn't hurt Rivet to revisit the route in order to give it a greater feeling of the area it's supposed to be depicting. The other thing is that I think you should understand is that route length is not an issue here. The backlash that IoW and (especially) Arosa received was purely down to overall quality of product within that smaller, less complex environment.
    But above everything else the most disturbing thing is what you said at the very end of your reply. "and it's upto you if you would like to accept the offer or not" is just another way of saying "this is what you're getting regardless of feedback so if you don't like it then don't buy it". A statement made all the more strange when you consider that it's directed towards an audience that would absolutely love to purchase everything TSW has to offer..

...and why Jasper as a person and not Jasper as a community manager? A conversation at a more personal level that to all intents and purposes isn't going to generate active feedback doesn't really strike me as having the capacity to resolve anything. You'll say Rivet are wonderful, we'll say they're not...and, well, that's about it really:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  38. tallboy7648

I actually wasn't really suggesting that Rivet do less complex routes. What I had said is that Rivet should go back and improve the routes they already released like West Cornwall. That route is not authentic. Also route length isn't really the problem here. The problem is the quality of the final product. Arosa Line is short and IOW as well but the backlash that both routes received was down to the overall quality of the product as pointed out by pinxtonpaws. West Cornwall has criticisms because of the quality of the route. Yet the company for whatever reason refuses to go back and improve the route. At least DTG go back and try to improve their routes even if the updates have unintended issues.

Your last sentence sums up the attitude of the company you work for. It shows that you don't care about the final product. Sure people don't have to buy the product but it shows that regardless of feedback Rivet will just release whatever even if it's in a poor state. That's not really a good thing and just shows that the company doesn't care. Sure a company can't please everyone but they should care about the product instead of basically saying "It is what it is. Take it or leave it."

• Like Like x 6
  39. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Well said Tallboy. I agree Rivet don’t care. Their routes especially WCL are very shoddy and unrealistic and they should not be allowed to produce and release routes, if they are not going to take on board the criticism and correct these issues. I am fairly happy with their locomotives and they should just stick to that. For Jasper to come out and say what he did is an insult to all those who have purchased their routes

• Like Like x 1
  40. tallboy7648

If a company doesn't care or doesn't have the passion to make a product as good as it can be and have a careless attitude about it, then frankly they shouldn't be making products in the first place and do something that they actually care and have passion about.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  41. ghawk2005

totally agree - rivet are an absolute disgrace to the TSW2 community and insult to everyone who has mistakenly paid to get their ‘beta’ release or whatever they call it, like myself under the impression ( or false hope ) that they’d actually listen to the community and fix their errors.

no more purchases from me, and judging by a lot of the responses here, I reckon. They’ve lost a lot of future custom. They only have themselves to blame though.

• Like Like x 3
  42. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

8B045024-1B23-42AE-9E00-63B51872F3BF.jpeg I notice that Rivet are appealing for staff. I hope they correct the above look of St. Ives, as it is absolutely appalling. If this is the work of a professional designer, they are not very thorough.
    A8408D36-966F-4315-8755-BF7B1946AF27.jpeg

I too won’t be buying future Rivet products until they make the beautiful St. Ives look right. I cannot see that ever happening. Rivet IMO have cheated on the TSW community, by not caring. They should take on the responsibility of correcting their appalling errors, but we all know they won’t bother.

I wouldn’t have thought it would be difficult to make St. Ives look like this and if they can’t, then this product should never have been attempted in the first place.
    9BC988DA-BBDE-45FF-8EE0-D5F9A2C2A4EC.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  43. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The ironic thing is, Rivet do an excellent job at modelling trains and assets. What they really need is someone who knows how to place scenery, or set up sounds and program Simugraph, for physics. That where 99% of their issues occur.

• Like Like x 8
  44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

45. tallboy7648

Exactly. They haven't really shown improvements in physics and modelling. I hope they do though because rivet aren't a bad company overall because their products in tsc are a banger in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  46. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Their attention to detail with Locomotives and Stations is excellent, I never question that, but their route making is absolutely appalling with regard to the reality of it. Rivet should stick to producing Locomotives and assist DTG with station structures for DTG routes and stay away from route building.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I am personally a bit uncomfortable with people of official standing having multiple different accounts, which may or may not be up-front about who they actually are. It makes it much easier for them to be impersonated too.

• Like Like x 3
  48. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

We need to look on the bright side. If you’ve bought it you have a uk route. Now, here’s the good bit, following the highly received, fixed (coughing fit), class 150, we will shortly have the opportunity to buy a new uk rivet train dlc.

Now I know you’ll all be chomping at the bit to buy it, test it, feedback issues, knowing they’ll be swiftly patched unlike these unscrupulous companies who release dlc, take out their spoon labelled bullship and feed you with it for months.

This dlc will be available in the next few months in the train sim “multi”verse

• Like Like x 3
  49. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Maybe its the class 150/1 with a patch to bring the current version up to tsw2s standard. In this case day 1 from me ;)

But your post has a good point. Rivet denied working on a update. So for uk fans its kind of a slap into their face with the announcenent of this new uk loco.

I personally judge each dlc individually. So rivets fix for arosa came more than 6 months late, but it came with a nice dlc pack, which make the route even more interesting. So if its the 484 in a good quality, ill buy the dlc, if it just another generic vehicle with not working guard panels i wont.

• Like Like x 1
  50. ghawk2005

Has something happened with the 150/2 throttle behaviour? It no longer accelerates, in fact it correctly decelerates in notch 1 and 2 now which is sooooooo much better. I just don’t remember seeing any update notes about this?

braking also feels sharper too?

• Like Like x 1