Where Can I Download A Track That Loops?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Meader, Sep 11, 2018.

1. James Meader

James Meader New Member

Hi all
    My 7 year old son loves this game but between us we can't work out how to make or download a basic track that loops round
    Even more fun would be one that has several tracks that loops as he wants to race some trains like the videos he watches on YouTube
    Can anyone help us out with this? I tried the Build editor and really struggled and it was a mess!

2. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I think the strawberry line from DP simulation is a very simple loop / oval and its free to download, but you need the isle of wight route.

https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/strawberryline.html

if you are looking at the steam store, Rascal and Cottonwood and the Fort Kent routes are fairly basic loops (both USA themed), more like a model layout, but be warned these are very old and you might not consider them worth the money. i.e. I would wait for a sale.

DTG's seasonal routes, the Halloween one, Count of Monster Disco and the two Xmas routes (game of gnomes being one) are also simple loops that your son might like - again, I would wait for a sale / promotion.

Once upon a time there was a Testtrak route which would have been ideal, but as far as I am aware it is no longer available which is shame.

3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Testtrak does exist (it’s used for the training scenarios). You won’t find it in Quickdrive but rather under Build.

So you can use the editor either to clone and copy the route and make changes or use it in some type of scenario.

It contains a main loop, a smaller loop and some sidings.

It’s part of the base package (currently TS2018).

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You also have the Academy where you can run anything you want around the loops.
    The Figure of 8 is good for High Speed Running. - 140mph with the Pendolino :) Screenshot_Academy_52.05699--0.50141_12-06-17.jpg

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You may check out some routes targetting children, like the Count of Monster Discy and others. There a a few in the store.

6. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There's a very tight circle of track near North Road Station in Weardale and Teesdale- a real train-set loop. Single though so no good for racing except bump races. (Curious- how would you race without multiplayer?)

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Simplest way would be to make a scenario where the player controls one consist and the rest are AI controlled. I've done similarly from Bedford to Luton on the MML which is a 4 lane "superhighway" in effect. The AI will always try to drive to the speed limit
    The benefit of a loop of course is that it effectively never ends, but if you build the loop and set waypoints on either side you can then set the AI to loop however many times as you could be bothered to add in the scenario editor

8. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

9. keiran#6054

keiran#6054 New Member

I think you would have all the different trains lined up and see which one is the fastest like in this video