PC The Camera Restrictions Shouldnt Be In The Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by keksman, Sep 12, 2018.

1. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Something bothering me for a long time are the restrictions in the walking mode and the free camera.
    The restrictions in the walking mode are absurd. You cant take one step out of the train station in Dunster (WSR) without hitting the invisible wall.

Same with the free camera. I mean, isnt the free camera supposed to be the unrestricted camera for the player to enjoy the game from any perspective? And yet you hit the invisible wall 200m around the train.

Thats just unreasonable to me. Why cant we use the camera how far we like? Why cant we take a walk wherever we like? TSW looks beautiful and I would like to enjoy it to the full extend.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Warper71

Warper71 New Member

Because a few steps away, the game is probably not so beautiful...

3. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Some people have tried to get rid of the invisible walls by modding them out. Don't think they have been successful in that yet though.

4. solon

solon Active Member

The modelled scenes are corridors (it's not flight simulator), as soon as you go away from the center of the corridor assets is less numerous.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given that DTG have tried to go for some form of realism they have to restrict their modelling to pretty much a narrow corridor around the track in question. Otherwise the realism would get much more difficult to maintain. How far back would you like to be able to track? Are you talking about "walking" from Minehead to Bristol? Gloucester? Glasgow?

• Like Like x 2
  6. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Thats unfortunate... People on a different forum? Would like to read about their progressions.
    I dont think theres a single player out there who expects every single area on the map to be extremly high detailed.

Provided two examples right here (Dunston WSR):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why are we not allowed to take a small walk out there while waiting for the train to arrive? The restriction is right at the train station.
    If there wouldnt be any restricitions we would be able to make even better screenshots and could discover things like how we were able to with this glitch: https://gameplay.tips/guides/1170-train-sim-world.html

7. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

On the Train Sim/TSW discord https://discord.gg/bMb2BAM . Was a while back in the modding channel. if you search for "invisible wall" you should be able to find it.