Unable To Get The Mineral Train To Move

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pascal.weick, May 31, 2022.

1. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

Im enjoying the DLC very much, but this is purely frustrating. No matter what i try i cant get the mineral train moving on the 0.8 incline on Edge Hill. I am able to stretch the couplings, but thats,all. Then it stops and wont get moving. Has anybody an idea?

2. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

I get it moving but then just stops and rolls back, sand and cylinders are draining. Wheel slips are plenty. PC seen to be able to go so it could be a bug

3. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

You have to manually release the vacuum brakes on (some of) the wagons by pulling the cord underneath. I understood that this is a known bug, which is still being worked on.

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Yes, appleerwin is correct. It's noted here. A fix is coming, but the workaround is to manually release the brakes on each wagon by pulling the cord.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pascal.weick

Thanks for the info. The mineral wagons dont have a cord if im not mistaking

6. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

7. pascal.weick

So train has the wrong order of wagons. Thanks for all the infos, ill try it tomorrow, then ill reply here

8. pascal.weick

There are two glitches i found out. 1. The Mineral wagons load is visible below the side and front panels.
    2. When the cylinder cocks open on on both locos, the steam comes out of them as supposed but also from the middle where is no cylinder.

9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Not technically accurate. I was watching a stream last night and Matt said one of the trains is 3 cylinder so it exhausts from the centre of the train.

10. pascal.weick

Thanks for that. Just looked at the english wikipedia, they say that the jubilee has three cylinders. I'll check later if the 8F only has two exhausts from the cylinder cocks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pascal.weick

Just checked and the cylinders are correct. I also did get the freight train to move by pulling all the cords. One thing i noticed, not on this route but generally is sometimes i can start a scenario created by other users in the Creators Club and sometimes i can not. Does anybody else noticed the same? Would be interesting if DTG is aware of that