Sos- A Change In The Right Direction

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, May 31, 2022.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Well done DTG, after all the problems in the past, i said i wasn't going to buy sos on day one.I ended up doing just that. No regrets whatsoever. Locos look, and sound fantastic, and the framerate was consistent. The game took a dump on me and crashed near crewe at the end of a scenario, but i don't think it was to do with the dlc. First crash that i didn't mind though, as I've loved sos so far. For those wanting sos, but aren't sure- It's worth the purchase.

To everyone who helped in the creation of sos: bloody well done! All i ask is for future dlc to be of the same high quality :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Loving it too, just need to learn how to drive the bloody things. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you for the lovely feedback :) - glad you're enjoying it!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Make sure you turn assist or automatic on, under settings. Start with reverser at max until you build up decent acceleration. Then reduce reverser to 25 percent. That should do the trick in regards to departing. When it comes to station arrivals, allow plenty of time to slow down. Having said all that, I'm still getting used to steam. Absolutely brilliant so far!

• Like Like x 1
  5. breezico

breezico New Member

Well it’s a big humble THANK YOU from me, Having not played anything prior to TSW2 this is the first opportunity to drive steam and it’s been a fantastic day on Spirit of Steam, Fantastic work Dovetail, truly emotional.

Dad would have flippin’ loved this.

• Like Like x 5