How To Get A Refund

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Trainmania100, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I purchased TSW for Xbox on day one and since then I've generally turned a blind eye and lived with the numerous bugs that were present in the game and it's DLC, but having purchased West Somerset Railway add-on last night for £20 I've had enough. I've attempted a couple of scenarios with the class 09 shunter, and when shunting into stock to prepare to couple, the speed spasticates and goes up to 500MPH before slowly returning to 0 and completely conking out the engine. A few times I've opened the throttle straight to 4 and the amps spazzed like mad and speed went up to 300mph before failing again and not getting amps, for me the shunter scenarios are impossible to complete

Any advice on how I can seek a refund for this DLC? It's a complete waste of money. I certainly won't be buying any more DLC for TSW Xbox, the lack of bug testing prior to launch is disgusting

• Like Like x 1
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

To prevent that issue from happening try to not apply power in the opposite direction of where you a going while you are still moving. Come to a complete stop then apply power in the other direction.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Was not travelling in different direction, having read someone else's thread it may have been the brakes not completely released screwing up the speed amp gauge

4. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

So
    A) you cant just apply power to level 4... its a train and the engine will cut of from too many amps, you have to increase throttle progressively.
    B) There are bugs in the game and dovetail have some things to sort out however graphically and running performance for WSR has been the best yet.
    C) ive had the issue where the speed goes up really far, this is a small bug caused by sudden changes in throttle.
    D) you have 0 chance of getting a refund because the addon is playable and in digital format

5. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

This one isn't really a bug.
    The speedo on the hud isn't actually reading the speed you're moving at, it's reading the speed of rotation on the front power axle.
    The fluctuations are usually a sign of wheelslip.
    Matt demonstrates it nicely here:

Note what the hud speedo does when he uses the front axle compared to the rear one...

6. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

i stand corrected! cheers thats really useful to know

7. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great attention to detail! are those panels accessible on console?

8. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

They are :)
    Holding d-pad right will let you pick a panel to look at

9. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Great stuff, cheers :) very new to the game so still learning loads atm!

10. Symbiot911

Symbiot911 Member

The whole development team with their 'release a shockingly buggy game with last been graphics and no controller feedback, pump out buggy dlc's and stuff what the customer thinks, oh, and let's not 'revisit' the dlc's, just to piss em off some more'. DTG really need to lift their game. . Alot.

• Like Like x 2