PlayStation Spirit Of Steam Bugs Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by stujoy, Jun 1, 2022.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’d thought I’d list a few issues I’ve found in Spirit of Steam on PS5.

1. When placing the map in the introduction, the map is a black texture both before and after placing it. No map shows. I haven’t tested any other maps on the route.

(All other route observations are from Timetable mode.)

2. I have had two occasions when AI trains have SPAD somewhere on the route while I was not near a signal or passing a green signal. Sorry, no service details for these issues. I have only been able to complete one service out of three I’ve started due to this.

3. AI trains have no steam sounds or smoke effects.

4. Only Maroon coaches appear to be present. I thought that was supposed to be just a gen 8 limitation.

5. The terraced house asset, of which there are thousands on the route, has a really bad LOD issue where the doors and windows take on strange angles and there is a gap between the bricks and the roof (unless you are very near to the houses). This issue is visible a lot from the track as there are many of these houses along the side of the route. All other house models do not have this issue.

Plus…

6. The controller map for ‘steam shift’ in the menu has many labels missing. Just empty lines.

That’s all for now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

1 worked ok for me.

3 I have seen smoke effects but haven’t been close enough to hear sounds. To be Frank sounds from my own loco on the free camera seem overly muted.

4 I’ve had both liveries of coaches appear. But this is in scenarios and cannot comment on journey mode as yet.

3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I have fallen through the game world while walking around the right hand turntable as you are leaving Liverpool. You just keep falling and falling further from the game world as all the assets slowly vanish while left looking at a sky box.

I have mange to launch an 8F and Jubilee into orbit. I was turning an 8F on a turntable, I was almost complete about live up on track and then the loco just launched up into a spin. The Jubilee launch as I went over a crossover at 17mph with a 20mph limit. The loco shuddered as I went over the points and then decided to launch itself.

Regarding the Mk1 coaches, I have noticed that sometimes the buffers are in the wrong configuration. Sometimes a train will have all the buffers extended overlapping when they should be retracted due to the buckeye coupling.

Regarding the coach livery, mine are only mixed in the tutorials and scenarios, it's maroon only in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

On PC as well

5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

If in (1) you mean the posters (not maps as on other routes) you place - I thought the black boarding was deliberate given the era is steam and “soot” ….

And the poster looks fine after I placed it too.

On PS5…

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It was the very first thing the route introduction asked me to do, map or poster, I can’t remember exactly what it said but nothing changed when I walked up to it. The frame and a textured black background stayed like that. I’ll repeat the intro when I get a chance to see if it’s different on second playing.

7. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

On the 11:36 Liverpool - Euston service the train clips through the eastern most platform at Mossley hill. I'm fairly confident all trains passing this platform clip through it.

8. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Ah yeah ok. So it’s a poster that goes up - should change to a picture when you get close enough and play the sound as with the maps on other routes.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

More info…

London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street 14:59 - SPAD etc

Train gets held at red signal at disused station before Edge Hill and has to wait for a local train to pass, making you very late.
    Spurious SPAD on descent into Lime Street. Occurred at approx 16:10 and not near a signal.

These are repeatable, have happened twice in the same manner.

Other issues

1. Stopping point at Runcorn northbound is incorrectly placed for long trains, leading to the back half of the train hanging beyond the platform.
    2. The bridge immediately south of Runcorn station has traffic driving over it. This is actually a narrow footbridge in reality. Double decker buses should not be driving over footbridges!!!

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

What I’ve often seen in cab rides is the driver opening and closing the firebox door in between each shovel. I assume that’s what TSW is going for.

• Like Like x 1