Usual Procedure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Jun 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

After downloading Spirit Of Steam to discover, as usual, it was not showing in the game and it was time to decide which route to delete in order to play this new purchase. Having done that then the new route appeared.

I have heard we are working on it, we didn’t like the first fix so are working on another and the patch to solve this is coming soon but still we wait. This is an issue DTG knew about before PlayStation 5 was even released but didn’t fully read the information sent to them by Sony and missed the issue delaying starting work on resolving it.

We were told soon in a stream over 6 weeks ago so perhaps somebody from DTG could elaborate what soon actually means. Is it more weeks or months before this is resolved?

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We’ve since been told the fix is complicated and that they have someone dedicated to resolving it. Sadly, we just have to be patient.

3. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been a year now since they first mentioned a fix. In the same time frame, 6 new routes, 3 new rolling stock, plus a journey expansion. Considering the storage issue is pretty important, I get quite narked off that it's taking so long. Countless times on streams we've heard "we have a fix, it's in testing" or "we have an idea in testing". Just please be honest with us, give us a time frame. DTG state this memory issue is important, so prove it

4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Since being told it was complicated we have been told it’s being tested and will be solved soon and that was weeks ago in fact almost 2 months. Patience is now running very thin given what I have stated about DTG being given advanced warning.

5. benuildo

benuildo Member

260 Days :mad:

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So you want them to rush it and feck it up completely is that what you want?
    Yes its frustrating but we just have to be patient. Nowt much else we can do. Hopefully we get an update in the June Road Map update notes and stream. If I recall last month Matt said they are close to getting it in a build and testing the build. Just gotta be patient guys. To be honest its the thing I was more looking forward to than Spirit of Steam.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It absolutely is frustrating, we hear you. Bearing in mind we're the first company to reach this issue, there's not a lot of guidance Sony are able to provide with to help, so there's a lot of trial and error here for what is a very complex issue which we don't want to, as antony.henley says, mess anything up further.

We are progressing with a solution, and there will be an update in the Roadmap on said progress. It will need extensive testing though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

/Sticks up hand, i'll help :)

9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well we were previously told it was in testing now by your comment that is doubtful. If you had picked it up in the first place you probably would be further ahead. Matt stated weeks ago it would be soon your response doesn’t sound like anytime soon. So the Roadmap update will likely be nothing more than we are working on it and we will see it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Christ, theres no pleasing some people

• Like Like x 3
  11. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Very constructive post that well done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Railfan1985

Much like yours. Have some patience. This is no easy fix

• Like Like x 2
  13. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Patience is wearing very thin.

Within days of last years update release I put a ticket in saying your choice of crosshair visibility size did not stay in settings and 10 months later nothing.

The major issues with Rushour still not resolved again after 10 months.

The download issue still not resolved not helped that DTG did not read all the relevant information sent to them by Sony before the console was ever released to the public, a fact they admitted to, and as a result were months behind solving the issue.

We wait months for the release of the preservation crews work and after release just 2 days ago issues being reported here and on social media a number of which existed before and haven’t been resolved.

Any your response “have some patience”.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Railfan1985

DTG are working on all reported issues. There has been a lot of progress. Quit with the agression as well please.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Nil progress on the items I raised in my post but hey you carry on praising DTG for what is a poor situation and of course they are not working on all reported issues many will be in the pending tray.

• Like Like x 1
  16. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

If you need a PS5 beta tester for the update, give me a shout JD

17. Railfan1985

18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Nothing in my post is rude or arrogant it is simply factual and if not tell me which part is incorrect. If you feel that 10 months to fix something that makes a game unplayable is acceptable then you must be a DTG fanboy despite your denial.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Railfan1985

Yet you continue to be agressive. I'm done talking with you.

20. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Again nothing in my posts are rude or aggressive but I’m done talking to you.

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unplayable?

Stop drama-queening. Crosshair size is not a game-breaking issue.
    You win this week's Unintentional Irony prize.

• Like Like x 3
  22. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Okay, let's calm down, folks. We've gone off-track. If this continues, I'll lock the thread.

23. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You win this weeks prize for sarcasm.

If you read the posts properly nowhere did I say the crosshair issue was game breaking but trying to be smart you imply that I do. No it’s not game breaking my point on that was after 10 months after completing a ticket nothing has been done as I haven’t received any feedback I don’t know if they even agree with the issue. You know as well as I do the game breaking issues.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Railfan1985

Apologies but Having a word with people about their attitude would be more beneficial than locking threads. I won't sit back ave tolerate that kind of behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

What an utterly pathetic post and who the hell do you think you are? None of my posts were rude or arrogant and I was stating facts as a very frustrated customer of DTG. If these issues are not kept in the limelight nothing will happen. If you don’t like that then move on by.

• Like Like x 1
  26. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This has gone quite far enough. Frustration is to be expected but sniping at other players for not being frustrated enough or for being too frustrated helps absolutely nothing.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.