Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr “preservation” Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nielsen, May 31, 2022.

1. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

So I’ve held off playing HRR for a few months now in anticipation of today’s big update, but first impressions are not very good.

I went straight in and selected an evening service using the BR 146.2 but immediately noticed that the passenger lights switch no longer works. All the passenger carriages were pitch black except the end carriage with the control cab. This worked fine before the update.

Instead I decided to do a service in the BR 425 but then noticed that all services going to and from Bochum had disappeared. The patch notes mention nothing about it, so I guess it’s an error?

I also noticed some very weird Rush Hour passenger behaviors on some stations on both HRR and RSN, like them not walking away after leaving a train. Occasionally the passengers just cluster together on the platform edge until some of them disappear in an instant. Others float above the ground, and I also suspect some of them are transparent as I keep bumping into invisible obstacles right in front of the train doors. Stuff like this makes me miss the days before the Rush Hour system. It never seems to work as intended, and many of the new passengers are dressed like clowns.

All this I noticed within 30 minutes of casual playing, and at this point I decided to just turn off the game. Have we gone back to the dark days where preservation updates seemingly weren’t being tested at all before release?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Cricri-7640

Cricri-7640 Member

Et en plus toutes les commandes des voitures pilotes pour nous français sont en espagnol aussi bien pour rt que pour rsn plus le premier cadran des frein en haut le nombre est a l'extérieur et une longue phrase illisible

• Like Like x 1
  3. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Yeah. Noticed the lack of Bochum services as well. Also, the "thing" with the BR 425 lights leading to a flicker in the instruments has not been fixed although it has been known to DTG for a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jayhuncho

Jayhuncho New Member

To be more specific regarding the lack of services, it’s the RE11 services provided by the BR425 that are missing. They still appear in game, they just don’t appear as selectable services. I hope this can be resolved soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

So... we are waiting for the fix for the patch now? ;)

6. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Did they remember to fix the non working Sifa dashboard light in the 425?

7. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

This is a shame. Can sombody of the DTG Hero´s comment on this ? Why wasting time for a route, and let the train "unfixed" ?

8. Nielsen

IC services have Bochum and Duisburg as final destination on PIS screens. Don’t the intercity trains on HRR drive further than those cities in reality?

I’m pointing this out because all the other services display the actual destination beyond the playable route, such as Aachen, Düsseldorf, Hattingen, Kassel, Oberhausen etc.

9. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Yes, of course. I am not 100% sure what year HRR is based on. But most IC trains go further North from Bochum and further South from Duisburg. There are and have been numerous IC lines which use the route between Bochum and Duisburg. Possible destinations, to name just a few, may include Norddeich Mole, Greifswald, Hamburg, Binz (Rügen) in the North and Cologne, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart in the South.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Did they fix the stopping point at Bochum Hbf or do you still stop and the wrong end of the platform, away from the ceiling/canopy?

11. Nielsen

The recent update has brought back the RE11 services. That said, the RE11 trains display “Nicht einsteigen” although PIS at station platforms contain all the destination data for these services.