Latest Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daytona, Sep 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

worth the wait :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Time to complete mt AP collection then and get waggons etc and other stuff I didn't get before. This will be messy for my bank balance but I don't care as I've got quite a bit saved up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Spare a thought for us who have to convert pounds into Australian dollars - it's basically double

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Warning. Your wallet is about to suffer from the effects of catastrophic deflation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

To celebrate the Jubilee only seen a 70% off sale on eBay. Would have been great if there had been some sort of 70% sale just for today to mark something we will never see again in this country. This is a celebration of our queen, it has never happened before and will never happen again, well done our Queen. Someone missed out on making a fortune today if they had offered 70% off

• Like Like x 3
  6. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well you’ll get 100% sale in 30 years :P

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Use code JUBILEE70 for 50% off on ALL add-ons* available for purchase on www.bossmangames.co.uk !!!

Offer ends 6th June 2022 at 23:59 (UK Time).

*Offer excludes existing add-on bundles. Offer excludes items for sale on Steam or Dovetail Games stores.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this one, just grabbed the Caprotti Black 5 for £4.99
    What a stunner, it is absolutely beautiful to drive.
    20220602163337_1.jpg
    [EDIT] and just had to go back and pick up the Domeless Black 5 also for £4.99
    20220602173843_1.jpg
    and stuff the budget, at this price just had to grab the the SR Merchant Navy for £9.99
    20220602173042_1.jpg
    3x Pro line standard, top quality BMG locos for £20.00? Bargain methinks.
    Many, many hours of enjoyment to come, happy days. :love::):D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have two of those, will now get the “Caprotti” as well. Thank you Craigie-C for your comment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

But it is still discounted from the normal price.

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

oohh, even more stuff to look at and buy.

12. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Digital Traction have 60% off all items they sell with code “Jubilee”. Ends Midnight 6th June

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I'm looking at stuff in the JT sale which I posted about earlier and have a few queries if anyone can help. I already own all the MML routes and Chiltern mainline London - Birmingham.
    I'm looking at getting the class 67 and class 60 locos and wagons but I had also been thinking about the following routes and stock included in the sale.
    Metropolitan line and the S8 stock so my questions are: are they worth buying, is the route interesting and are there scenarios out there on ATS etc for this route and stock?

London - Aylesbury but not sure which version is the applicable one as I already own the CML London - Birmingham and the same questions as above apply.

Any help on these questions would be appreciated.
    Nick

• Like Like x 1
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I cannot help you Nick, I have everything in the JTs sale previously and it’s all good. My favourite is Metropolitan Line which is being updated and the pack will be added later this month or next. Also Hope Valley an extension to Midland Mainline, will be released soon.

Trouble with JTs is that they use the same routes in every sale, so if you want them all get what you can afford now and get the others in their next route. I want the DT Class 40 and the 5MT locomotives, which are never in their sales, so will purchase them after the steam summer sale.

Everything you mentioned are first class products and well recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you bought the CML route from Just Trains then you need the Chiltern Main Line London-Aylesbury Extension
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/chiltern-main-line-london-aylesbury-extension
    If you bought the CML thru Steam you need the stand alone version London-Aylesbury
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/london-aylesbury

16. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

nwp1, I've been wanting the class 20 and 40 too but never seen it go on sale. Like you said, it seems to be the same items over and over in sales.
    I eagerly await the HVL extension for the MML.
    I think I'll probably get the class 60 and 67 (even though I own AP versions of those locos) and the underground S8 stock and Metropolitan line and see what comes up in the next sale.

749006 Thanks. I don't use ATS much because I've had so many issues with scenarios from there that list the requirements and they still don't work or I'm missing the train because they didn't list which reskins etc were used or where to get them from.
    As for the CML route, it was bought from JT directly so thanks for pointing out the correct one I would need.
    Judging by the few posts and reviews I've read regarding the met line, it seems to be down to PC spec as many got the scenarios and route to work. Don't think I want to take that risk as my MML routes stutter a lot, especially when using AP products and I have downgraded the scenery and graphics.
    Just in case you're wondering what my specs are, 16GB RAM, RTX2060 Aero 6GB and intel i7-10700 processor with 2TB SSD installed which games run from.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

If you have even the slightest interest in the modern London Underground the Met line is a no brainer and one of the best UK routes in TSC. I'd recommend downloading the free sound pack for the S8 off ATS as it is much better than the default sounds. Route is super interesting, the stations are so well modelled and going from end to end feels a long distance despite it only being a relatively short route in terms of milage.

Only two negatives really about the route is 1. that there are very few scenarios available on the likes of ATS or Steam Workshop and most that are there require BOTH the S8 and S7+1 advanced to work even though they are basically the same train. You do get over a dozen scenarios with the route itself if I remember correctly though so plenty to keep you occupied plus QuickDrive is very busy with lots of AI. The other negative is performance. With the PC specs you list above though you should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Nick you are lucky to have a 2tb SSD I only have 1tb and have had to untick some DLCs, to save space.

I am thinking of buying Train Simulator British Rail Journeys does anyone know whether this is a stand alone product? Also can I run this on a portable D drive and if so can I then add some of my TSC DLCs to that game?

19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I bought a SATA Samsung SSD drive and installed it myself as my PC had a 256GB SSD (built in) and a 2TB HDD.

GBRJ is a standalone product separate from TSC (I bought it along with TS2020 so I could get the routes from GBRJ in TS without paying extra for them).
    I'm not sure if it can be run from a portable drive though as I've never tried it.

20. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your advice Nick, I appreciate it.

21. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Just grabbed the AP 411-412 pack. I've been waiting for that to be on sale for ages now.

• Like Like x 2
  22. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

It will run on a portable drive. I think it takes workshop scenarios. It is standalone and if you are having to a maintenance job on your main TSC installation you can can still play these routes. Very cheap if you do not have all of them already.

23. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Peter. I just want to use it on a portable drive and retrieve the DLCs I have unticked on my computer hard drive from TSC to GBRJ on a portable drive. I have all the routes in the GBRJ package. I just want a platform I can create space on my SSD and use those routes on a portable drive.

24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Nearly all the third party resellers, Just Trains, Bossman Games, Armstrong Powerhouse and Digital Traction have all recognised the Jubilee weekend, to mark something we will never see again in this country. It is a celebration of our Queen, it has never happened before and will never happen again. Even Hornby Model Railways and othered joined in too with Jubilee sales.

What did Rivet do??? I believe Rivet is a Scottish company and like those mentioned, a weekend or one day sale could I feel have been very popular. It wouldn’t have benefited me as I have all your routes. But may have brought Rivet some new customers.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I believe Hornby only offered the 20% off all items across their ranges (trains, Scalextric and Airfix) if you were a member of one of the appropriate member clubs as per their pushy emails. There was no sale for non-club members. The only offer for non-members was on the Corgi website and it was for a free royal mini if you spent over £25.

26. LargeInjector

LargeInjector Active Member

Rivet did the same as DTG and Caledonia Works and that was not to offer a special Jubilee discount. And why should they? The purpose of the Jubilee is for the nation to give thanks for the very long reign of Her Majesty and to feel a collective pride in being British, not to buy train sim add-ons cheap.

Complaining that some businesses didn't give a discount seems to me to cheapen the celebrations, which weren't about commercial activities.

27. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Largeinjector, both DTG with TSW2 and Caledonia Works had sales at the end of last month. Armstrong Powerhouse postponed their April sale to have it over jubilee weekend. I am not cheapening the celebration as most resellers enhanced the Jubilee by using it as the discount code. It was a fantastic weekend and I was lucky to get aboard the new Elizabeth II livery for the purple makeover 34027 Taw Valley at Kidderminster on the SVR.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  28. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Digital Traction June Sale
    50% off all items they sell with code “DTJune” with min spend £15.

Nothing for me as I have everything of theirs.
    Seems like Digital Traction have had a continual sale since April 14th.
    April 14th-May 1st Locomotives only 50%
    April 14th-May 1st Stock only 25%
    May 3rd-May 15th Locomotives only 40%
    May 3rd-May 16th Stock only 25%
    May 17th-31st All products 50% min £15
    May 17th-31st All products 30% no min
    June 2nd-6th All products 60% no min
    June 7th All products 50% min £15

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  29. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes they do always seem to be having a sale. I pretty much have everything on their site.

I am looking forward to what is to come from them as they seemed to be suggesting they were moving away from doing just steam engines and they have made reference to GWR railcars, which I would love to see.

• Like Like x 2
  30. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Caledonian Works have another sale of 20% off locomotives only, using promo code “Acts 4.12”.

Sale does not include rolling stock or add on packs and ends on Sunday night.

The good news is that it does include discount on their new release of the LNWR Claughton Class Pack 2.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Cyclone

Why the Biblical verse...

• Like Like x 1
  32. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Every Caledonian sale password has a biblical theme.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

And it boils my p..... hence the reason I would never buy anything off of them and unfollowed their fb page once they started this down your throat zealotism.

34. theorganist

It is hardly forced down your throat, it is just an expression of his faith! He has always been open about his beliefs, I don't see the problem personally.

• Like Like x 3
  35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

On the DTG flash sale they have added some TSC American routes and Scenario packs from developers High Iron Simulations, Virtual New Haven Railroad and Great Northerner. All 45% discounts apart from the The Virtual New Haven Railroad Springfield Line which has 75% discounted at £6.24. A bargain for those who haven’t purchased this route.

https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/sale

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  36. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Me neither and i am really anti any religion.

37. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe in being anti or for.

38. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Hardly zealotism. It's only a discount coupon code. You're not obliged to read the biblical verse to claim your discount.

• Like Like x 2
  39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I suspect this aspect needs to be taken to a separate thread as not really OT for a thread specifically to notify members of sales etc. I got "nipped" a while back for going off at a tangent either in this thread or the TSW2 one.

• Like Like x 2
  40. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Come on now Vern, you are "Mr Off Topic" :D :D ;)

• Like Like x 2
  41. Cyclone

The word of the Lord.

...what?

42. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good point…

Actually, if I recall doesn’t one of the guys who does Run 8 plant biblical messages at random locations in the SoCal routes? Anyhow I’m not going to let it put me off buying content, they can profess to believe in Jedi Knight Sky Fairies for all I care, so long as the content is good and reasonably priced, which it is.

• Like Like x 3
  43. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Let’s get back to the aim of this thread Latest sales
    Digital Traction
    40% off with “Summer40” in your cart. Ends Sunday 12th June at 2359

• Like Like x 1
  44. theorganist

I think Digital Traction should announce when they don't have a sale!

• Like Like x 6
  45. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The DFS of train Sims!
    (You have to be from the UK to understand this).

• Like Like x 4
  46. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Would be sensible. Earlier in the year they announced that they wouldn’t be doing sales any more just discounting individual products. That’s why on April 3rd I purchased J70 loco and stock for £6 at 70% off. Since they stated that there has virtually not been a day a product hasn’t had a discount in one form or another.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Cyclone

“Due to sales on multiple other sites, be advised we will not have a sale until June 31, 20xx.”

• Like Like x 1
  48. theorganist

Yes I remember reading that, it kind of devalues their products if they are always on sale.

The J70 is the one add-on I don't have yet, I am waiting for the Wisbech and Upwell Tramway to be finished.

• Like Like x 1
  49. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  50. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Does RSSLO have a defined schedule for sales, like e.g. Steam does, so that you can know in advance when one will begin? Or is there any way to subscribe to get notified when sales are on for their add-ons?