Xbox Derailing Bug On Sos

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ehz0689, May 31, 2022.

1. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I keep getting derailed on the first service with the 8F in journey mode. Twice this has happened; once while attempting to stop in Speckes Jtc and the second time while attempting to stop at the checkpoint. Neither where on switches. Has anyone else had this issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I am on PC and I ran into this as well. Its annoying

3. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Brake more gently and/or don’t use the steam brake.

According to DTG the derail is an accurate phenomenon (although maybe it’s too sensitive) but the way the derail is depicted graphically is wrong.

Anyway by braking the loco hard the unbraked freight carriages come crashing into it and cause a derail. So avoiding braking too hard - and perhaps not using the steam brake - will avoid a derail.

4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This will take some getting to thanks for the advice

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Yes it does.

Actually while playing today one thing occurred to me. Some of the scenarios have the unbraked (grey colour) mineral wagons directly behind the loco.

Further back are the red colour braked wagons and it’s those we go and manually release the brakes to get moving.

But with such a consist, the red wagons aren’t connected to the loco so I believe in this case, when we brake using the combination brake we’re only actually applying the loco (steam) brake.

I noticed that even at 20% combi brake that’s like 80% steam brake and presumably nothing else on the train is braking so all that weight and inertia is suddenly applied to the loco brakes at 80% application.

Something to bear in mind with freight runs right now …

• Like Like x 1
  6. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Im not sure Its due to harsh braking solely. As I've stop slowly with less than 50% brake and its thrown me off. Its only when I stop on the marker it happens. If I go past it a way it doesn't derail me in the semiphore signal tutorial and the other colliery run

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It is teh speed you use to apply the brakes. The steam brake applies quite fast and then the wagons are not yet braked, so they start bumping at the loco and this may cause derailment. So a very small amount of braking should do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Ahh okay I still have derailed with barely any brake as well though and stopping with more brakes further than the marker doesn't cause a derail.

9. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Depends what you Mean by 50% brake.

If you’re talking about the combination brake value - then the loco itself is applying nearer 80% brake and, if you’ve got unbraked wagons in trail then that is being applied by the loco only so the wagons run you over.

Anything over about 20% combination brake is (assuming you haven’t adjusted the ejectors) applying almost full loco braking.

I’ve had derails by the way - I know what you mean. It’s a combination of problems/bugs that are making this happen.

Braking steadily (not too fast application of brake) - and in particular monitoring the steam braking effort - is just a workaround until it’s fixed.

10. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

same thing happens to me every time i couple up to the red waggons the 8f derails

11. ryan#1234

ryan#1234 Member

Yes, this is so frustrating. I have had multiple derailments on the 4:20 Edge Hill Sheds - Edge Hill Yards. In this service you take the engine from the shed, switch it around on the turntable and start building a freight consist at Edgehill Yards.

I've been able to hook up the first rack of wagons and pull ahead and stop without derailing by using minimal brake and driving super slow.

The problem is that after the first rake of wagons you need to couple to 10 more. This has a downhill grade of 0.8 entering the yard. So the difficulty becomes needing the brakes no matter how slow you start in on the siding. Because you have 30 wagons the end wagon isn't moving right away when the engine is. So inevitably, you need so much brake feathering that you either derail to keep slow as you ready to couple to the wagons or you smash into the wagons at 2mph and need to slam on brakes that aren't applying fast enough. All on a 0.8 downhill grade.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kevvy68

Kevvy68 Member

Have also experienced several details even at 0.1 m.p.h, red wagons, tried all sorts of options, use of brake van also. Very frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CUFCfan616

CUFCfan616 New Member

I'm assuming that what you're all experiencing is the same as this? The tutorials still leave a lot to be desired if the derailing from braking too hard is working as intended and the only way you find out about it is literally right at the end of a service. If it's not working as intended and is a bug, well at least it was spectacular enough of a derailment to be mildly amusing before annoyance set in.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  14. michaelvie#9478

michaelvie#9478 New Member

On the 4:20 Edge Hill Sheds - Edge Hill Yards I always get derailed when I couple to formation the 30 . I stop without touching, click to couple and get derailed. Any idea ?

15. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

It's not your fault, DTG messed it up again with the last car.

20220605163225_1.jpg

Reminds me strongly of GWB shortly after release, we were told that there is already a fix ready. It was never released.
    Now the bug shows up again in LPC but there will surely be another promise for a fix. Then in a few months or years, you're wondering "Where's the promised fix 13 month later?"

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

still the same in tsw 3