Manchester Piccadilly To Sheffield

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by humblepotato#5827, Jun 2, 2022.

1. humblepotato#5827

humblepotato#5827 Member

Hi all, another suggestion :)

I'm unaware if this has been suggested before and if so, I apologise. Today I'm talking about Manchester to Sheffield. This route would explore some great countryside scenery including the absolutely stunning Sheffield station and the bustling Manchester Piccadilly. This route would also be operated by Northern Trains.

This route would include 10 stations (Sheffield and Manchester Piccadilly excluded) these are:
    - Reddish North
    - Brinnington
    - Bredbury
    - Romiley
    - Marple
    - New Mills Central
    - Chinley
    - Hope (Derbyshire)
    - Hathersage
    - Dore & Totley

This route would run for about 40 miles and would take around an hour to complete.

This route would include 3 types of rolling stock. This would be the Class 195, Class 150 and the Class 142. However I'm not sure if the Class 195 actually runs on that line. And yes, the 142s and 195s could both be used as the last pacer for Northern was retired by Northern Trains in the year of 2020.

Class 150
    [​IMG]
    Class 142
    [​IMG]
    Class 195
    [​IMG]

Just to mention, these are my opinions and views yours may be different. It'd be awesome to hear some feedback.

• Like Like x 8
  2. jesstrains

jesstrains Member

Would be a nice run. There are a few extra stations from your list that are missing, such as Grindleford, Bamford and Edale.

If created, the route also gives the opportunity for the 'Express' line which I believe diverges off at New Mills, and is used by the East Midlands Norwich to Liverpool runs and the Transpennine Express services between Manchester and Cleethorpes.

3. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

i'd love to see sheffield to manchester too in the era you've suggested.

there's the two different routes options, the one suggested and the express route via stockport. in an ideal world both would be amazing, i'd definitely like to see the express route via stockport with transpennine and/or east midands railway but anything between sheffield and manchester would be a definite day one purchase from me

4. Mark28189

Mark28189 Member

Give over, north of London don’t exist to DTG in modern era, it took just trains years to make Sheffield to derby.

I mean my comment in a respectful way and in all seriousness I’d love to see Sheffield to Manchester in the game also :)

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the Hope Valley Line. It’s really scenic, so DTG need to work really hard should they make this route. I think I did a suggestion on this a while back.

You’ve missed some stations and branches; If u include the route via Stockport u could have EMR class 156/158’s and TPE class 185’s as they also use the Hope valley line.