Rapid Transit Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by yanceyg, Sep 13, 2018.

1. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

How come it's hard to get the train moving sometimes? I've been behind schedule because of it. It's as if the throttle is broken and I have to play with it to get the damn train to move. Also, I can't turn off the wipers once they're turned on. It only goes from fast to slow. I’ve noticed some flickering textures too.

2. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

The train has something called a "Neutralstellungszwang" which means you have to put the throttle to the neutral position before you can start.

3. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Yes, I get that. Same issue. Even before I leave the first station.

4. Otto

Otto New Member

The wiper switch is on the right side near the floor.

MCgermany is correct. If you're using the brake on the back half of the throttle and go to max (10) it drains the air out of the system and locks on the brakes. You have to move the throttle forward to bring air back in and take the brakes off. The air pressure gauge is on the right side of the HUD and if it points down there's no air in the system.

The wipers coming on when you tried to open the doors is a design error like many others in this game.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  5. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Thank you, sir.

6. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

From memory if your trying to open the doors using the controller - left direction button short press turns wipers on, long press the same button and it brings the door open menu up. Don't think it's a bug if you do it correctly...

7. Otto

Otto New Member

Ibanez,
    You are correct that a short press turn the wipers on. The problem is a short press will NOT turn them off. You have to find the switch in the cab to do that .
    If you make a mistake trying to open the doors and turn on the wipers without knowing where the Cab switch is it's really annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

That's true!

9. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

It took me a while to find the cab switch in that loco. Strangely, it is only the RT loco that doesn't turn off the wipers by repeated short presses of the left button. In the main game that is as I am not yet sure about the locos in WSR.

• Like Like x 1
  10. expensivebargain

expensivebargain New Member

I found the wipers also turn themselves off for some reason and refuse to turn on again.

11. chris_jwnr

chris_jwnr New Member

I noticed that too. The common theme appears to be when there are two trains coupled together. The lead power car panto is raised but the trailing power car has no panto raised.

If you find the acceleration is sluggish check screen 1 on the internal camera views (or it is just about noticeable in driver view) when you’re going along. You’ll see one vertical bar with the blue fill that changes depending on how much throttle you’ve fed in. You should see two bars representing each power car.
    If you only see one bar, at the next station set breaker to open, raise panto again so the trailing power car panto kicks in and then close breaker. Has worked for me so far.

• Like Like x 1