Released Spirit Of Steam Suggestion(s)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thisnamebetterworks, Jun 1, 2022.

1. thisnamebetterworks

thisnamebetterworks Active Member

Not to say, that it is bad or incomplete - ... of course it is not; it works well (except the topics mentioned in the "Technical Reports") and feels - all in all - round.

None the less: Here a few suggestions to add a few things, which (hopefully) wouldn't mean 2 weeks work for 80% of the concerned team:

I. There should be an option to control the fire. It could be like: You select the fire and it is like you talk with the fireman. You can chose 4 options:
    1. small fire mass
    2. normal fire mass ( ... I think for this steam engine it is like 870 - 880 lbs)
    3. bigger fire mass
    4. extinguish fire

5. [only appears if no fire]: light fire.

Especially for the last (optional) points you should wait for some time.
    The options affect the heat and this effects the generated steam pressure.
    ==> A small fire mass would also mean, that you don't have an active overpressurve valve if you hold for longer time in a station. (Except you activate all 'vacuum generators' open the blower and play a bit with the regulator.)

II. A 2nd tutorial to control the fire/ stram pressure would also be very nice: Trial and error isn't something for everyone.

III. Why not add the steam locos to fitting routes, like West Summerset Railway? It would fit to the scenario - [in game:] maybe in some kind of "historical roadmap"?

@all What you think, do you have also any suggestions? (Keep in mind, that some might be very work-intensive and - maybe - impossible, because of the capacity of the DTG-Team(s).)
    (Please post technical issues in the "Technical Reports" category ... we should keep order ;) )

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I am all for these, 100 %

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Some ability to control the fire mass is very much need... single value means that I'm both, loosing pressure on inclines and blowing the safery valve in stations.

4. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Did this line feature oil, milk, water cargo? these 3 key goods were extremely appealing to the eye when it came to steamers pulling them

• Like Like x 1
  5. thisnamebetterworks

thisnamebetterworks Active Member

Just to keep you updated in here:

[Source/Link: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw2-roadmap-7-june-2022; the 'manual fireman' is mentioned in several (short) places in the text.]

It seems the manual fireman means that you can speak with your team member (fireman) and control the fire mass.
    Hm ... I wonder if I am right with that?!

6. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

hmmmm, yes. Waiting 8-10 hours for the train to be ready would add an exciting element to the game :)

Jokes aside, more options to that process would be greatly appreciated.