Steam Locomotive Journey #9 Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Jun 4, 2022.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

In the Journey, run #9, I get random SIGNAL PASS AT DANGER message, in the first part between the beginning of the run and the SALOP stop point I checked using the camera and there is no signal between there and the SALOP stop point that are set to red (at least as far as I understand the ridiculous signal system use in this trainset), in fact there is only one signal and it is showing green and the in game on the upper right handside is also showing green.

The way that I found to get through the first part,was by getting the speedometre in the red to use the left hand square to 100 and the right hand square to 75, I un the track is going under the overpass.

Then when I was passed the SALOP stop, I again got another random SIGNAL PASSED AT DANGER, and there is no signal and again the right upper in game is showing green

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

If you haven't figured it out yet it's prolly an AI that is spadding

3. rat7_mobile

as far as i know AI = Artificial Intelligence, what does that have to do with running shoes
    I am talking about the message SIGNAL PASSED AT DANGER, but I have not passed any signal, during another try at the run, I barely started to move after releasing the brakes, els than 1KM and there is no signal near by and I got the message SIGNAL PASSED AT DANGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Another train controlled by the artificial intelligence that you see as traffic has passed a signal at danger, and that causes the error. Yes, you will get the message and brought back to the menu even if a train other than your own passes a signal at danger. No, it's not only related to this route. Yes, it seems like it happens more frequently on SoS compared to other routes. No, there is nothing you can do at the moment to fix it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. rat7_mobile

Thank for the information
    So by this same logic, if a drive in the UK is SIGNAL PASSED AT DANGER, all the trains in the UK are stopped, or for that matter Germany, or the USA :-D

PS this is the first time that I see this, and I have all the DLC, with according to Stream I have 8084hrs in TSW2

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  6. rat7_mobile

and also when those SIGNAL PASSED AT DANGER happens, I often get those error ;
    LoginId:879ddfba4fe0a921da895ba85c03d1f8
    EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3983] Retry was NOT sucessful.

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

Which I do " SEND AND CLOSE" and a verify the files in Stream, and lately, I do about a verify files per 2hrs

7. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

When you reach the first objective marker, stay at the signal for 10 minutes even if it's showing green. After 10 minutes, carry on as normal with the service and you should find the random SPAD doesn't happen.

It's a bit of a workaround but if you want to complete the service now rather than wait for a fix, this is the way to do it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rat7_mobile

The probleme is that 90% of the time I can no even get to the SALOP stop, if I start the run leave it alone for 10 minutes, would that also solve the probleme

9. rat7_mobile

I have tried it, by letting the game run for 10+ minutes before starting to move my own train, and so far so good, it is working
    PS. I have not done any of the passenger runs et, as I am not at that point in the Journey
    Thank you for the tips and it does work

• Like Like x 1
  10. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

rat7_mobile - You say Journey #9 - do you mean "Express Freight: Northhampton - Edge Hill"? and about how far into the play time from starting the service?

Paul

11. mibl61

mibl61 New Member

If it´s the service that starts 08:18 the SPAD always takes place at 08:26:20, a few seconds more or less. Even if you don´t move the train a single inch you´ll get a SPAD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. paul.pavlinovich

Oh I found it. It is that one I've reproduced it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. rat7_mobile

I think that is the run
    As to how far, it was all random, once it was while I was getting ready to go, I might had the time to release the brake

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. paul.pavlinovich

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thanks for this everyone, will pass it on to the team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If this is the same as the similar bug which plagues or plagued London Commuter, it is a byproduct of a careless design practice which I thought had been Strictly Forbidden- placing stop markers (which include the invisible stop markers for AI trains) bang on top of the signal.