Industrial Rolling Stock Dlc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super hans, Sep 12, 2018.

1. super hans

super hans New Member

Hi there, this may have already been asked so forgive me if so. Is there such a thing as DLC for industrial rolling stock? Wagons, bulk carriers, dangerous chemicals etc...from the 50s, 60s, 70s...ICI, British Steel etc?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. super hans

super hans New Member

Thanks..do these liveries work with specific trains by specific developers. I use TS 2018.

4. ARuscoe

Maybe you should start with what you want to do with these things and then get better advice from people who know how to do that.

My presumption was that you wanted to create scenarios using the rolling stock as wagons or place them in sidings as "scenery"...

The answer to the question is that any railworks or train simulator asset can work in the game if appropriately placed in a given scenario

• Like Like x 1
  5. super hans

super hans New Member

Good advise. So...what i would like to do is create scenarios whereby i can choose say ICI amonia bulk container wagons. Thing is..i dont know where to get such 3d models, with or without liveries...your site offers livery "skins" correct? Or can i also puchase 3d models too for use in game. I realise my inprecise phrasing may rankle.

6. ARuscoe

You have a few options from my knowledge.

There are places like UK train sim which have vast libraries of downloadable content, and once you have these on your TS install you can then use the scenario editor to place them into any scenario you wish, either as movable objects or as scenery objects.

You can also use skin mapping (something I have no knowledge of bar that it exists) to take an existing object and overlay a new skin onto it.

The caveats to this are that any scenario you create and publish would require anyone playing them to have these assets and reskins installed on THEIR TS too, which is why you often find third party content having so many requirements.

For instance if you were running a DTG class 20 to haul a rake of UKTS ICI tanks which you've repainted on the WCML Trent Valley line then the requirements would be:
    WCML Trent valley (Steam)
    Class 20 (DTG/Steam)
    ICI Tanks (UKTS - preferably with file number)
    Your repaint file (preferably with download link)

I hope this clarifies your requriements

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Generally you can create a 'consist' or train using the Custom tab in Quick Drive. Freeware rolling stock will couple up to payware (DTG) no problem. Here's a few places to get UK rolling stock.
    DTG Marketplace, payware but good value esp in sales.
    ArmstrongPowerhouse, payware but high quality.
    Digital Traction, payware but good quality.
    DPSimulation, freeware reskins, routes and more.
    RailworksMarleymanUKTS, freeware reskins and a lot more.
    SteamSoundsSupreme, freeware & payware.

Do remember that a lot of freeware items require payware for them to work.

8. super hans

super hans New Member

very helpful, thanks

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member