Budd M3a Acceleration

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m finding the acceleration of the M3A on Harlem Line to be a bit strange. As seen in the video, there is no increase in amps in notch 2 until around 25mph, when suddenly the amps shoot up. Going into notch 3 or 4 before this jump in amps achieves no greater acceleration. Is this a bug, or is this how the M3A is supposed to behave?

2. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Mat_Jam_Ca, post: 493208, member: 19004"]I’m finding the acceleration of the M3A on Harlem Line to be a bit strange. As seen in the video, there is no increase in amps in notch 2 until around 25mph, when suddenly the amps shoot up. Going into notch 3 or 4 before this jump in amps achieves no greater acceleration. Is this a bug, or is this how the M3A is supposed to behave?

[/QUOTE]
    Seems like “Field weakening” to me. In a nutshell, it is used to achieve a higher top speed and kicks in only after a certain speed is achieved. Might be wrong tho. Bugs in TSW 2 are not something out of the ordinary :). Cheers

Edit: Here we can see that function in action ;).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

the M3 and M3A are really two different trains including the different gear ratio and amp output per "notch". Same with the M7 and M7A. The "A" isnt just for the different voltage and third rails.