I Need Hellppp (spirit Of Steam)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GooseWaffe, Jun 4, 2022.

1. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

Hey guys, I've been trying for a while, tried to resort to Dr.Google but I'm stuck

I'm operating one of the heavy freight services (600+ tonnes) and I just cant get it to move. The train will move forwards a little, reach around 2mph and then will get stopped by the weight of the train. I checked all the brakes, they are all released. Every now and then i'll spawn into this service (i've tried quite a few times) and the loco's handbrake will be set to fully applied, even though it is in the off position and when i go to release it it instantly releases. I checked the rear brake wagon and it said 0% vacuum on the gauge, but I assumed that's because it's a mixed load and i don't actually have control of the brakes?

So far i've tried:
    The normal 75% Reverser, 12-15% regulator Sand front brakes off, cylinder cocks open, ejectors open.
    it won't even wheelspin, it will just be as if there is no steam at all in the train yet it says there is (even if i put it up to 100%)
    I've even reversed a bit so i bunch up the cars and start off 1 by one, doesn't make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

Oh and i', starting on a 0.2% gradient

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

Oh my god, I've been looking for a release this whole time and that's the chord? let me give it a try ty

5. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

6. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

7. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Luckily Matt mentioned this issue on the Lets play stream, I think it was a mistake and is going to be fixed.

8. ebtechie1357

ebtechie1357 New Member

Thank you for posting this! This helped with the same scenario

9. I always wait for the vac gauge to hit 21.0 then the brakes fully release.

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter in this case since the fitted cars are not directly connected to the loco.

• Like Like x 1
  11. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Is this for journey chapter 2, timetable 2, where you start in rain and can't get the loco moving?

12. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

That and some other journeys - any that have a consist with unbraked wagons next to the loco, and then braked wagons further back, the braked wagons have their brakes applied and must be released manually before being moved. It's a double bug because (a) such consists are unrealistic, braked wagons would normally be coupled to the loco; and (b) wagons wouldn't retain their vacuum for very long if left uncoupled. DTG are aware and are working on a fix (apparently).