Long Island Rail Rd., Babylon Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Word Key

• ( * ) Important station

• ( + ) junction

• ( = ) train yard

• ( ^ ) track split

This is a suggestion for a Long Island Railroad for the Babylon branch this route will have 46 stations those stations are

Penn station*=
    Grand Central Madison *=
    Long Island city*=
    Woodside
    Forest hills
    Kew Gardens
    Jamaica*^+=
    locus manor
    Lorinton
    Rosedale
    Valley Stream.*+

Now after Valley Stream*+ the track split off one head towards Babylon*^= the other head towards Far Rockaway branch Now far Rockaway* has seven stops on its branch
    Those stops are

Gibson
    Hewlett
    Woodmere
    Cedarhurst
    Lawrence
    And Far Rockaway*=.

Valley Stream* also breaks off to West Hempstead* which has five stops which are

Westwood
    Malvern
    Lakeview
    Hampstead Gardens
    and West Hempstead*=

now after we passed Valley Stream* going towards Babylon we will arrive at Lynbrook^ which is one station over this stop Also splits and this is the last split on the line now the split at Lynbrook^ Allows you to go to Long Beach* Now the Long Beach branch has five stations those stations are

Centre Av
    East Rockaway
    Oceanside
    Island Park
    And Long Beach*=

Now that’s all of the breakaway branches the rest of the stations are up ahead they are no more splits until we hit Babylon now the stations on the Babylon branch are

Rockville center
    Baldwin
    Freeport=
    Merrick
    Bellmore
    Wantagh
    Seaford
    Massapequa
    Massapequa Park
    Amityville
    Copiague
    Lindenhurst
    And Babylon*+=^

and I almost forgot Atlantic terminal Brooklyn Because I know a lot of trains terminate here especially ones from Long Beach so just for the sake of it stations along the Atlantic terminal line Are This line only has three stations

Atlantic terminal Brooklyn*=
    Nostrand Av
    Atlantic Av

Here is a map Of the Babylon branch
    upload_2022-6-5_13-58-23.jpeg

Now benefits of This suggestion we could possibly get new trains and possibly a more enhanced and improved M7 with better sound and LEDs I know a lot of people who play on the Long Island rail Road map of now are somewhat disappointed mostly disappointed OK a lot of people are really upset about it but with this idea not only it would fix the original Long Island Railroad map it would also make this idea even better now new trains could possibly be M9 DE 30s and a MP 15 for the Long Island Railroad for more freight scenarios
    I know a lot of people would have fun with that and I almost forgot about the Atlantic railway i’m pretty sure that it’s a private company but if you guys get permission you guys could also add them and of course have more scenarios but that’s just a hunch I’m not completely sure if you guys can get permission from them

if there’s anything I forgot please let me know and I will answer it as soon as possible

• bug issues that need to be fixed
    traction motor sounds
    Track scratching sounds
    Track click and clack and sounds
    Train AC sounds
    Train horn sound
    Train interactions
    Train buzzer sound
    Train parking brake
    Train break sound
    AI trains blowing their horn‘s going through Railroad crossings
    Wheel Motion blur
    Train announcement ( if you need audio here you go )

I’ll let you guys know if there’s any more thank you For reading

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I feel like it might be of interest to consider the Central Branch, which runs from Bethpage to Babylon (Bethpage is a few miles southeast of Hicksville)

3. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I might do that after they do The suggestion if they even do it

4. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Why don’t you make the suggestion so we have more people have an ideas for Long Island

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Babylon Branch doesn't use Laurelton Springfield Gardens instead it runs via St Albans then Babylon via Lynbrook from Jamaica.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Maybe they’ll include the M9 locomotive for the Babylon Branch when it comes to tsw 2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vkulikovsky#8124

vkulikovsky#8124 New Member

This map needs at this update. Better will be add freight branch between Jamaica and Long Island City station to unlock the potential of freight transport operator New York and Atlantic Railway. The NY&A operates thirteen locomotives. The roster, as of October 2017, includes the following: EMD SW1001, EMD MP15AC, EMD GP38-2 and EMD 20B.
    Also better will be add non-electrificied branch to Oyster Bay to unlock the potential of EMD DE30AC and DM30AC.
    And need to add Grand Central Madison, third track to Hicksvill and C3 bilevel coaches, M9 EMU, MP15AC locomotives in use as work trains and yard switchers.

• Like Like x 1