PlayStation Ps5 - Spirit Of Steam - Really Reliable Rescue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by breezico, Jun 5, 2022.

1. breezico

breezico New Member

Hello All,

I’ve had several attempts at this scenario in Spirit of Steam and have been scuppered at Speke Sidings every time, after uncoupling from the carriages the signal stays at stop. I left it for an hour like that last night while I was doing something else and it never changed. I tried calling the signaller a good few times too.

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I've read that if you use the dispatcher at all, it will cause issues. I am on pc, but I read that it happens when you contact dispatcher. Haven't played much sos yet cuz of various issues, but I know this scenario in particular is one of the buggy scenarios

3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Yes same problem on Xbox series s

4. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Yep on ps5

5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I completed this first time on PS5 last night, no issues. And yes you do have use the signaler to complete this, when you reverse into the failed train. The rest is all automatically set except for the last set of ponts after you dump the Jubilee in the shed.

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hmmm yeah was also ok for me (PS5)

7. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Yep fine for me. In fact I’ve done that scenario twice.

Maybe check you’re doing the right things - a lot of the red signals are cleared when you operate the right controls in the train.

8. Bradley

Tried it again, followed all instructions and still get stuck at garston jtc, scenario is incomplete-able

9. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

On PS5, exact same issue, stuck after uncoupling the jubilee from the coaches in Speke Yard.

Even tried on my second profile that I use specifically for broken trophies and still no signal change at Speke.

10. breezico

breezico New Member

Just tried it again tonight after the update and it works fine now, however now there’s no chuffing sound now (as in steam exhaust sound), also the fireman and Jubilee crew have scarpered! At least I can move on to the next scenario now.

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Got stuck twice in Speke for a signal. Seeing the comments above, it seems you should avoid contacting the signaller. Will try again ....

12. Bradley

So I made a new profile to test it as it won’t work on my main profile of 1124 levels, and low and behold it works, seems the game gets confused after a certain amount of levels

13. dragon24

dragon24 New Member

I just really believe that there’s a bug inside the coding in that mission because it works for some people like for some Xbox players and some PlayStation players, but almost every PC player has that bug it’s something inside the mission that’s really making it very buggy for PC players. I just really hope they really make a update to fix this problem because this is low-key unacceptable and so many people have complained about it and they haven’t done anything yet

14. dragon24

dragon24 New Member

I play on PC and sadly I’m still having the issue. I did it so many times during one day because a mission doesn’t take two days to complete. It only takes more than a day to complete a mission and I was trying for three days, and I still couldn’t figure out the issue of how it was making it so buggy I really believe that it’s AI THAT’S REALLY MAKING IT BUG OUT BECAUSE YOU KIND OF THINK ABOUT IT. IT’S NOT EVEN FULLY INTO THE STATION YET sorry all the sudden it turned into all caps I’m not yelling sorry

15. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

2 times i tryied to do this route always stuck on red signal

16. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

One thing I noted after playing this multiple times across both PS4 and PS5 is the problem would appear to stem from asking to contact the dispatcher.

I can clear this scenario consistently by making sure I don't contact the dispatcher, aside from the one time the scenario demands it as an objective when reversing to the failed locomotive.

Hope this helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Worked, thanks