Eurostar Route!?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Jun 6, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

This is probably never happening due to how hard it is to Get a license from Eurostar since it’s never been in any Train simulation game. But anywho here’s the Route
    London St. Pancras To Ashford International
    Since it only has 1 stop on the route as it’s mainly only HS1 I think it should be an Add on To SEHS and it should cost about 16-22 euros But before I name Locos, Route and Stations Let’s get into Detail. Ldn St. Pancras To Ashford Intl is sat on the London to Paris,Brussels and Amsterdam Route and it’s only a short portion that takes about 30-40 mins which is average length for a highspeed route for TSW 2. When on eurostar this train could go Non stop through Dartfors and London or Make it’s only stop in Ebbsfleet International Lower level then continue through Stratford International but not really International station
    Locos on this route:
    The E300/Class 373 Eurostar(my personal favorite) has been in service from 1994 until Now
    [​IMG]

Or the E320/Class 374, entered service November 2015 to take over the aging E300[​IMG]
    Route: London to Ashford is about 56 Miles and this route could really make use of the Lower level on Ebbsfleet, international tracks at St. Pancras and Could also be used for St. Pancras to Dover priory routes Via Ashford Instead of the Faversham route
    [​IMG]
    There is A map of the Eurostar route from St. Pancras to Ashford with SEHS class 395 using the same tracks from The tunnels to Ashford while making just one stop at Stratford
    Now moving onto the second last portion of this very long thread
    Stations: Here I will be not be showing separate platforms for international and domestic I will just show the stations itself
    1st: London St. Pancras start of this route[​IMG]
    2nd: Stratford Intl(Domestic) Only served by Domestic routes with the class 395 javelin[​IMG]
    3rd and Lastly the Terminus: Ashford International
    [​IMG]
    Another thing dovetail could do to make use of that highspeed line is when at London St. Pancras Spawn in AI only driven services from St. Pancras non stop to Paris that zooms pass Ebbsfleet and Passes ashford on the upper Highspeed line that skips the station
    Now for the last part of this Thread
    Summary: I know this definitely won’t get dovetail’s attention but If everyone could help try get their eye on this Even though getting a license from Eurostar is the main problem but this did take me about 20 mins and for this to go to nothing would be very Upsetting
    - jt

• Like Like x 3
  2. jack travers

Edit: After reading through AFTER I POSTED IT I realized I forgot the Important man himself Ebbsfleet International [​IMG]this Is the 3rd station not Ashford* Sorry Also forgot to mention that Ashford International is also served by Southern* not only Southeastern

• Like Like x 1
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This was proposed a lot of times here and as Eurostar ( which is merging with Thalys ) is hard to get a license from, you have more chance to have a dinner with Godzilla in Tokyo than getting Eurostar on TSW

• Like Like x 3
  4. jack travers

That is very true but i was bored and I said why not because i love the 373

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Eurostar doesn't stop anywhere on the route bar St Pancras and it's unlikely to do so in the near future, so this route would be specifically a track add on for the 395

6. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I would answer more directly "Even if Eurostar licenses DTG, DTG will not go into development right away." Reason: too long.
    Or DTG will select a part of Eurostar for development, possibly from London to Dover Abbey. Even this development mileage exceeds DTG's ideal development mileage of 40 miles.

7. ARuscoe

Eurostar don't go to Dover, the tunnel is a few miles to the west of Dover (Cheriton, near Folkestone)
    Don't forget that St Pancras to Ebbsfleet already exists so they don't have to do this bit again (bar maybe some scenic touchups) so the "new creation part" would be Ebbsfleet to Ashford which is 34½ miles...

8. jack travers

Thanks for helping me out with this info and when you say it like that Plus the already done London- Ebbsfleet. It doesn’t sound long

9. jack travers

Well i’ve seen videos of it at Ashford International and I’ve seen it myself at Ebbsfleet

10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

If I reckon correctly Eurostar doesn’t stop at Ebbsfleet until the end of this year because of COVID

11. ARuscoe

They no longer stop at either of those stations. Whether they did previously is another matter