PlayStation Ps4 Pro Enhanced

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by brionfire, Sep 14, 2018.

1. brionfire

brionfire New Member

Hello all,

Loving the game - as is my 7 YO son. I get the HST every couple of weeks on business from Taunton to Padd and also live about 5 miles from WSR so this is ideal so far!

I have PS4 - been thinking for a while of upgrading to the PS4 Pro - I see this is PS4 PRO enhanced - does it look that different? I assume the graphics on the Youtube trailer are the PS4 Pro - as it looks better than the PS4 version (which is fine already IMO)

2. idiosis

idiosis Member

No pro enhancements. Runs ok for the most part, some areas experience frame rate drops and the textures are pretty murky in places.

3. brionfire

brionfire New Member

Thanks - So what does the PS4 Pro Enhanced badge mean on the game box then?

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not sure on that but in the dev streams they said it runs no better on a pro

5. brionfire

brionfire New Member

So bought the PS4 pro today.

At First the WSR addon didn’t appear - went to reset licences in PSN menu then it appeared.

Imo it seems smoother when animating - so I can see a difference - and this is not running in 4K (the TV upgrade is next!)

6. Northlander

Northlander Guest

It won't run in 4k as it's not programmed to do so, there are no actual Pro additions to the game, the Pro enhanced labels on most of the recently released PS4 games are misleading (I have a Pro too) Sony will claim that even without a game using the actual features the Pro can do, if a game simply benefits from a smoother framerate, I think they claim it's Pro enhanced even if it wasn't developed to take use of the hardware in question.

Farming Sim 17 for example, doesn't claim Pro enhancements on the box, but the devs added 4k support OR 60fps at 1080 with a recent patch.

Elite Dangerous does list Pro enhanced on the box, but this game came with the option to have better framerate with enhanced texture details, or an even higher framerate on top with standard PS4 textures compared to a standard PS4

Mudrunner, the same, Pro enhanced, but as a lot of games do, it comes down to a choice between 4k (if supported) or 1080 with an FPS as close as possible to 60FPS (Mudrunner will run at 4k or 1080 at around 50FPS)